Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I guess I'm not offended, but couldn't he come with an actual bullhorn?

Um... Left hand?

I think he's one of the better ones, minus the reused head. Outback gets a new noggin when the Zombie set one should have, yet other than a droopy ear the 25th one is fine. What a waste of new sculpts this FSS.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's a shame we'll never get a redesigned Bullhorn at retail. The only thing this has going for it is the solid ST buck that even I'm tired of. Head sucks. Colors suck (so did the original's). Webbing and other gear sucks.

Suckity suck-suck-suck. :trollface:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Colors are fine to me compared to trash like Barricade or overly complicated/busy parts and colors like that damn Interrogator. And they left off the awesome webgear with the brass knuckles that effectively made the character's look when paired with that helmet on Interrogator. Instead, we get that same fucking ROC vest yet again.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I hate the Shock Trooper arms so much and just about every figure released in the last few years has them. The Shock Trooper legs are a terrible choice for this figure. The Dusty head is a terrible choice for this figure. I was really excited when the line up was revealed and now I won't be buying the set. They've missed the mark on almost every single figure.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Wait, I thought they were supposed to be doing NIGHT FORCE Sneak Peek, not TF? That means they'll have to make 2 more versions of the cocksucker now, too. I'd barely be interested in the regular deco one, if he had new parts. None of this horseshit.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The '98 Night Creeper was a good addition to the FSS I felt, but I figured it would be an average figure. Because of how terrible most of the figures look this ended up being one of my favorite of the line.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
To use one of KT's favorite words...

Faggotry.

:D

I couldn't recall the original version of this particular NC. Pictures tell me it would have been more accurate to reuse the ME Night Creeper mold in its entirety.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
:D

I couldn't recall the original version of this particular NC. Pictures tell me it would have been more accurate to reuse the ME Night Creeper mold in its entirety.

It's not a bad looking figure, aesthetically speaking. He looks quite fashionable! It just doesn't make any goddamn sense nor is it a figure I feel ANYONE was asking for besides one or 2 neckbeards at HT who have a love affair with anything GI Joe.

This FSS is really embarrassing. I know a lot of people whined about FSS3 being full of "repaints" but they were almost all solid figures and even though they were repaints, they were highly requested characters in their original deco and there were a LOT of new heads in there, even if they'd been used previously on the Night Force versions... They were still newer head sculpts used exclusively for the intended character and not repaints used for some other character, which is a huge pet peeve of mine.

All-in-all, FSS3 was probably the most solid set so far. The 13th figure kicked ass, and was another highly-requested figure. When they announced the listing for FSS4, there weren't any "top-tier" requested guys like in previous FSS (Big Boa, Cover Girl, Keel-Haul, etc.) or even a good mix of middle-ground guys... That's not to say there aren't some decent characters in the mix, but they surely fucked up on the execution of most of the halfway decent figures.

Euro-Stalker is the only recent Club head tooling (a reuse from the Con set) and the only other 2 figures to get new heads are Outback, who despite his wonky ears, wasn't a bad 25th sculpt all things considered... And Billy? I know a ton of people were clamoring for Billy, but do they expect him to be executed well? I don't.

At the very least, they should've tooled SOMETHING new in this set besides 2 goddamn heads and a stupid periscope accessory. It's pretty bad to be 4 series deep into the Subscription Service and be bordering on your worst series to date, because 1 and 2 weren't much to be proud of... But they were early entries where they should've been learning. You don't do FSS3 with a bunch of new parts and then revert to this lazy half-assed bullshit.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
He's a ninja so he can get away with being shiny. Besides those Ninja-glitter hotpants are tots Fab.

EDIT - plus he's rocking a teenage Anakin haircut so he's got the geek cred.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So he's Snake Fucking Plissken? Wait, is that new webgear? They literally wasted a sculpted piece on that fucking webgear? There aren't a half-dozen other goddamn harness combinations that couldn't fit that?!