Joe Con 2015

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Once again the convention is nowhere where I live, a shame considering that we all know the universe revolves around it. I will not be making the seven hour drive to get there. The gas money is better spent on shipping & handling charges on ebay.

Last edited:

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
International G.I. Joe Collectors' Convention - GIJoeCon 2015!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
OhMyGawd I must have it!! :whatever:

TIGER FORCE DEMOLITIONS: WRECKAGE

- 25th Anniversary Modern Style/Fully Poseable Action Figure
- 1st Modern Era Release based on 1988 prototype**
- Includes Harness with two removable Explosive Devices,
G.I. Joe Logo Stand, Assault Rifle, Pistol, Knife,
and Backpack with removable lid

(Note: Photo depicts mock up and final product may slightly differ.)

**A 1988 Hasbro Sales catalog showcased a re-deco of the 1984 Firefly action figure in Tiger Force colors.
It was later released in 2003 as part of a Toys "R" Us exclusive: Tiger Force five-pack and now this design is part of the 2015 GIJoeCon Box set!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
What an esoteric figure for the convention. I'm kind of thankful that I won't be missing out on much this year. My soul still silently weeps for the Oktober Guard set.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That Firefly is a terrific figure... Then they go dress him up in his Tiger Jammies and they muck him all up. Man, they just can't do a solid first reveal to get excitement up, can they?

I'm hoping we see a Roadblock and Frostbite with new heads and maybe webgear on Frostie. Don't they normally reveal the damn lineup as a list first though?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Holy fuck, that's hideous. Then again, both Tiger Force sets were shite, so this comes as no surprise.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
That Firefly is a terrific figure... Then they go dress him up in his Tiger Jammies and they muck him all up. Man, they just can't do a solid first reveal to get excitement up, can they?

I'm hoping we see a Roadblock and Frostbite with new heads and maybe webgear on Frostie. Don't they normally reveal the damn lineup as a list first though?

They usually have a bunch of silhouettes for the rest. Unless they put those up when the 2nd reveal comes out?

Again they waste time by not revealing a figure today. The Con is only 2 months away. It is time to show people what to expect. I know many decide if they want to go with what is in the brochure.

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
reading through all the comments I completely understand the view point. personally I think its one of the better figures they've done. ya its a repaint, but the whole theme is repaints and I'd rather see this than a Frakenjoed attempt at some other character. It actually looks like the character is suppose too. (Sabertooth, not sure why they are calling that one Wreckage) I will gladly take this off anyone's hands that doesn't want him.

So I guess that's one for this figure but it probably doesn't count anyways 'cause I'm Canadian

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
reading through all the comments I completely understand the view point. personally I think its one of the better figures they've done. ya its a repaint, but the whole theme is repaints and I'd rather see this than a Frakenjoed attempt at some other character. It actually looks like the character is suppose too. (Sabertooth, not sure why they are calling that one Wreckage) I will gladly take this off anyone's hands that doesn't want him.

So I guess that's one for this figure but it probably doesn't count anyways 'cause I'm Canadian

I think the figure looks decent. I have no interest in Tiger Force. Never had any as a kid. But if I saw him at retail I would purchase him for sure.

And for the Canadian part of your statement, I can only say...........
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA[/ame]
:trollface:

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
most likely due to watching too much hockey, drinking beer with actual alcohol and dry humping seals in our igloos for warmth. ;)

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
You also have "Strange Brew", one of the funniest beer movies ever!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZCI39NWZ5g[/ame]

What is the maximum alcohol content allowed in real Canadian beer? I often wondered just how much more potent they really are. I think most in the US are around 4-6%.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
They usually have a bunch of silhouettes for the rest. Unless they put those up when the 2nd reveal comes out?

Again they waste time by not revealing a figure today. The Con is only 2 months away. It is time to show people what to expect. I know many decide if they want to go with what is in the brochure.

They're always so oblivious to reality when it comes to being on time for anything. They need to quit the horse shit "reveals" STAT and just put up the goddamn list and brochure. Then give a few days and open registration.

Of course they'll fuck around for 3 weeks doing reveals then claim that the website code isn't ready (nevermind this is the umpteenth year they've done online registration yet NEVER seem to have unfucked code) and post it at the very last minute at some awful time of the day after 5 to 27 false starts. Jackasses.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shouldn't be. He's an established IG character.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
They'll ruin it. I always liked TF Recondo with muted colors which means it will go the opposite.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A regiment with air and sea assets is a lot of dudes for a team of 6 Joes to be taking on.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Meh. They did just do IGs, but I am a whore for the Undertows and maybe Metal-Head... Not sure I'd be in for a whole set, though. I smartly passed on 90% of the Mission Brazil set, so I may pass on this one, too.

And that TF set sounds lame. Was Stalker ever in Tiger Force? His camo was already tiger-striped, right? Sigh. I guess Big Brawler could yield a new noggin, and maybe another Dial-Tone will be interesting for folks who missed him the first times around, but... Bleh. Least interesting set they've done since Mission Brazil, to be honest.

I'm sure the more standard TF guys may get dumped into the 2-pack?

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Gonna call some of the figure builds now:

Wreckage (Sabertooth) is Firefly, obviously. Tigerstriped POC/30th Stalker, Striped Club Dial-Tone, Striped Ultimate Roadblock (Big Brawler) with a new head, Recondo and Lifeline will both be striped POC/30th recolors.

The Undertows will either use the Ultimate SE body with new gear or the 50th EELS body with new gear, red/gold for the regular ones, purple/gold for the officer.

MSWI says Mayhem will be 50th CC body or ROC Destro with a new head, I have to agree.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I'm happy that the club has yet to bring out a consent that I must absolutely have. The zombies were close but not enough for me to justify cost.