Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, that looks lazy as fuck, especially with the recast vintage parts. Those soft old sculpts! Blarg.

Not sure even a v1 for the "Officer" would be worth getting. Fucking jackasses.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Cobra lets chicks into their UDT program? No wonder they're always losing.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I thought the point of Photoshop was to make everything better.

I love how instead of taking their time on the left leg, they just said "ah fuck it" and used the smudge/clone tool on the "RESCUE" text to take it out. I think they let their halfwit nephew Photoshop these or something.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I missed it as well. Other thing is his left abdomen, a square shape is missing.

I actually think that's how the figure is. I'll be honest, I've never loved that torso. It's an awkward build, and too long. Add in the weird pockets they glued to it, while we haven't seen it reused elsewhere sans pockets, makes me wonder what the original intentions were for making it a unique sculpt without making it reusable for someone like Duke, or Flint, so that it was a collared torso with places for pockets to be attached, without leaving some weird holes. As it is, that Lifeline torso would look really weird without the pockets and holster.

I missed that too. I just caught the reflection of red plastic on his cheek.

Yeah, they totally just did a pisspoor job of photoshopping the red version. That helmet being brown (even thought that's how the vintage figure was) makes him look all sorts of derp.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's similar to the Toxo-Viper helmet from last year. That helmet has been used before, though.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
The helmet is the head from the Battle Corps Viper back in the day, I'd be surprised if it hasn't just been retooled to work on the new sculpt torsos. I know they're saying it's a new head, but honestly the old one was fine, no need to waste resources in getting a new version of the same thing sculpted. At least they're keeping the look of the guy consistent with his first Con box set appearance.

Last edited:

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Is it me or does that helmet look like a helmet from last year's set?

It's similar to the Toxo-Viper helmet from last year. That helmet has been used before, though.

The helmet is the head from the Battle Corps Viper back in the day, I'd be surprised if it hasn't just been retooled to work on the new sculpt torsos. I know they're saying it's a new head, but honestly the old one was fine, no need to waste resources in getting a new version of the same thing sculpted. At least they're keeping the look of the guy consistent with his first Con box set appearance.

It is definitely the battle corps viper/iron anvil head, but bears a striking resemblance to Flint and Clean Sweep from last year.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Definitely not into that figure. Helmet's a decent rendition of the vintage one, it's just an ugly ass design to begin with. Weird scrawny build, and those straps on his legs! They're swimming on him! Just no. I think this is the first set where it's almost all revealed and I'm not digging a single character. I wouldn't mind the Undertow or Anvil if they were available cheaper (I'm a sucker for troop-builders and new parts!) but not sure if a set is worth owning them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A sword?
That Luis Guzman head sculpt?
That shitty RoC M134?