Joe Con 2015

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
The veiny Rockblock upper arms, the smooth lowers...

Holy shit this is one of the worst club figures I have ever seen.

"Fuck it, people will still buy the set"

- Brian Savage

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh, and those fucking Resolute Roadblock legs need to die in a fire, too.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Bluck. If they'd just painted his hair orange and tossed that ill-fitting bandana, it'd at least look like someone besides Red Dog. It'd still be a lazy Frankenturd, but still...

Not that the original figure was one I gave a fuck about owning in 25th format, so it's not a huge loss to me. Half-assed Undertows, a Club-created figure like Iron Anvil, and the prospect of a halfway-decent Metal-Head aren't enough to warrant me getting a set this year I'm afraid.

So far they've retooled/reused vintage parts for the Undertow's helmet, and we've gotten that '94 Viper head that's a new sculpt... So with 3 to go, I'm assuming that General Mayhem (God, that pun of a name!) and Stalker won't have new parts now, so Metal-Head better be a goddamn miracle of Boss Fight magic for folks to really be excited about this half-assed set.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I've seen a lot of stankers that are really bitching about this set, too. It amuses me greatly.

It actually seems like more than average, though, to be fair to the 'Stankers. I think the Club's wearing thin on people, finally.

Took goddamn long enough. I'm just baffled at how lame the fucking set is. As much as I don't give a shit about Eco-Force, there were a few well-done (even if hideous) figures from last year that had new heads and impressed me enough (51%) to get me to go in on a bagged set, but then they left out about 6 pieces that I had to run around and track down through the original seller, which took about 4 months. Turned out to be a huge pain in the ass.

The Oktober Guard set was the best in recent years, but the Night Force set was pretty good too, with a bunch of new parts (even if reused in the recent FSS, I wasn't unhappy about that decision) and the SM:Brazil set at least gave us the rest of the unproduced Python Patrol crap and a couple solid Joes from the Joe side.

Each year, it seems like the amount of new parts has increased, maaaybe backing off slightly last year (but not by much) but then took a huge nosedive this year. Seriously, Metal-Head better damn well have a new head, gear, and MAYBE new torso/webgear/vest to make up for the rest of this halfass set.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I really want to campaign for some Red Shadows next year with some original heads and parts since they're really missing this year. Of course, this is the first Joecon I was planning on going to and it had to be one of the worst sets.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
The club had this to say on FB:

The Club said:
There are several new items left to be seen on the three remaining reveals. At the heart of this issue is budget. Paint ops add cost along with tooling and everything else that goes into a set. The camo was not added to the pants due to budget. At some point concessions must be made to fit within the budget criteria. Sometimes the dollars for producing a set must be aimed at other points of the set to make it the best set it can be over all for the amount that can be spent in a given year. The headband can be removed by those that don't care for it. Thank you for your feedback. Making product that is always perfect for every fan is sometimes a challenge, we work very hard to attempt to meet that challenge if at all possible.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
The club had this to say on FB:

Wow a rare response from the club. Big Brawler is the unanimous stinker of the set.
That response makes no sense. So why did they spend the money on the stupid headband? They could have used the money to paint the legs instead.
Should have been Bazooka anyway. Rather that repaint than this crappy one no one wants.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What they meant:

GIJCC said:
There are several new items left to be seen on the three remaining reveals. At the heart of this issue is making a profit. Paint ops add cost along with tooling and everything else that goes into a set. The camo was not added to the pants due to needing to make a profit. At some point concessions must be made to fit within the need to make a profit criteria. Sometimes the dollars for producing a set must be aimed at making a profit. The headband can be removed by those that don't care for it. Thank you for your feedback. Making product that is always perfect for every fan is sometimes a challenge, we work very hard to attempt to meet that challenge if at all possible while making a profit.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Eddie is correct but this company is not in business because they life these brands they do it for the money. I don't have an issue with them wanting to make money...just making shitty figures when obviously better pats are available. I'd like to know if Hasbro is realy charging them more money for certain parts over others...the message from the club seems to focus on paint costs and not part costs.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Eddie is correct but this company is not in business because they life these brands they do it for the money. I don't have an issue with them wanting to make money...just making shitty figures when obviously better pats are available. I'd like to know if Hasbro is realy charging them more money for certain parts over others...the message from the club seems to focus on paint costs and not part costs.

Did Eddie take over your account? :trollface:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I don't begrudge a company for trying to make a profit (that's the point, right?), but not at the expense of your product.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I'm not a huge fan or anything but this is just a shirty way to treat the fans. With as much crap as they've bought and what little they've offered, Joecon should be where they throw the fans a bone and say, "we appreciate you, we'll try to keep costs down so you can get something cool."

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hah. I never know when I'm getting that trash. It just randomly shows up and I'm like, "oh, right... There's that shitty magazine that I never read."

That shit would've been awesome as a child, though. I'd have been waiting by the mailbox each month.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I like the noggin but a Little less tooth would have been better.

Wait for a castor to get a hold of it I guess.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The head's okay I guess. It's not enough to convince me to buy this set, though.

They'll reuse it, likely as Battle Talking Stalker in an FSS. As much as I like the sculpt, nobody was clamoring for a new damn Stalker. So it'll most likely show up again. They should've given the new head to Brawler, personally.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The legs are the only part I wouldn't use, but only because I was never enamoured with those legs to begin with.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
At least they aren't the snake eyes legs....again. It's not a bad build, and I know I'll be picking up a couple of that head sculpt once it his the stores.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
At least they aren't the snake eyes legs....again. It's not a bad build, and I know I'll be picking up a couple of that head sculpt once it his the stores.

Losing the fucking holster, sheath and knee pad holes would breath new life into those.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I wish I could find more 'ultimate' Firefly's for just that reason...the lower leg part of the reason.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Losing the fucking holster, sheath and knee pad holes would breath new life into those.

I'm not fond of the foot sole. That's my biggest gripe. It's hard as shit sometimes to get those legs to stand on such curved bottoms.

They're great parts, but if they retired that mold, the Shock Trooper and Ultimate Roadblock build, I wouldn't be too upset.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was never a fan of the up-turned toes, either. I hesitate to retire anything ST because suitable replacement parts don't exist. Rockblock can go, though.