JOE CON FLORIDA 2011

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
So, the only way today would be better in JoeLand for me, is if I could score a carded DT and Claymore for less than $150 combined.

So far, today has been this:

• Blown away by Joes shown at JoeCon
• Scored a killer, near-mint HAVOC at WonderCon
• Saw a bunch of silly hot girls dressed up as silly hot things
• Saw Zoltron in person. Yeah, you read that right. My head nearly exploded.

Yeah, the new Joes (Renegades included) look surprisingly good.

Wait, hot girls at Joe Con?

So, not having really followed anything on this, but is Zoltron a girl or a guy? I just always wondered... :rolleyes:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I mean if Xhairs is excited then things must be pretty decent. :D He's Hasbro's toughest critic.

I really like all the extras they give. To me that just about makes the figure worth it. I'm most excited about Law and Order I think. I like what they did with him and the dog. I'm not saying the others are less by any means but that one just has more use in my "verse". I see it says Renegades on the tag so I'm assuming that's why you ARAH lovers didn't get the original colors. I do hate the stupid blasters with the renegade figures though.

Apparently anything that resembles a real gun in a cartoon is now verboten.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Apparently anything that resembles a real gun in a cartoon is now verboten.

At least they can shoot the non-human biological whatevertheyares with their non-guns, and not miss or have to just shoot vehicles so the driver/pilot can exit prior to explosion... :rolleyes:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

So, not having really followed anything on this, but is Zoltron a girl or a guy? I just always wondered... :rolleyes:

No, Wondercon. It's a convention run by the same guys that do SDCC, but it's in Northern California (has been in San Fran every year so far as I know).

The Z story is long and odd and not for this board, but the answer is C: Both A & B.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD

Pretty sure he's at Wonder Con - that's where he scored the HAVOC.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
At least they can shoot the non-human biological whatevertheyares with their non-guns, and not miss or have to just shoot vehicles so the driver/pilot can exit prior to explosion... :rolleyes:

Indeed, indeed.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Okay, so I'm just confused... (Maybe I should have actually read some of the thread and not just scanned for pics :D). So both Cons are happening... and both accounts of the gender of whoeveritwas were correct-ish... got it... maybe.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
You'd think after all these years they'd at least go to a damn firing range and try to at least hit a back stop. Does suck that real guns are a no no. Would make it way more interesting but I guess the ones they use do give them some room to use MARS more often for new technology.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Okay, so I'm just confused... (Maybe I should have actually read some of the thread and not just scanned for pics :D). So both Cons are happening... and both accounts of the gender of whoeveritwas were correct-ish... got it... maybe.

Duct tape and a stuffed bra. That is all. We need a puking smiley.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

Both Cons happened today. I didn't make it to JoeCon, but I did make it to WonderCon. Z was born A but is now going by B, to be politically correct.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
X and Y might be more descriptive, but honestly, I don't care which direction it's headed anyway... So Wonder Con has hot girls and Joe Con has new Joes... sounds like a win win to me... :D

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
What is wonder con like as opposed to SDCC, Rex? I've always wanted to go to it since it's so much closer.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
What is wonder con like as opposed to SDCC, Rex? I've always wanted to go to it since it's so much closer.

To be honest, I have no idea. I don't go to 'Cons often because I hate the riff-raff mouth-breathing sweaty nerds and I generally dislike crowds of normal people. Not that I'm anti-social, I just hate flocks of idiots.

I'm hoping to actually go to SDCC next year (been trying for the past 3 years since I now live in CA) but my buddy who has gone to SDCC and WonderCon for the last several years said that WC was about 1/3 the size.

It was fun, and I went with my girlfriend, which was a bad idea. She was pissy the entire time. I love her to death, but next time, it's going to be by myself or with a crew of fellow nerds.

You should try making it to WC one year, you can crash here if I'm still in the area.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Looking forward to Kwinn! Now I can final do some Selous Scouts... If I can even find him:(. Maybe fudge some Desert Rats/Brits in the desert with his legs... Robert Muldoon from JP can final be done.

Stalker, Renegades SS, and Techno-Viper look awesome as well. Looking forward to seeing it hit selves.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
I mean if Xhairs is excited then things must be pretty decent. :D He's Hasbro's toughest critic.

I really like all the extras they give. To me that just about makes the figure worth it. I'm most excited about Law and Order I think. I like what they did with him and the dog. I'm not saying the others are less by any means but that one just has more use in my "verse". I see it says Renegades on the tag so I'm assuming that's why you ARAH lovers didn't get the original colors. I do hate the stupid blasters with the renegade figures though.

and you know this man.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
They would work out for a Resident Evil dio right out of the box. That Law and Order is another troop builder for me. If anyone will need dogs I'll have extras. :)

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Cold Slither?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
A lot of these guys will be hard to find at retail, I'd imagine. Better get BBTS sets while you can. The classic ARAH guys like Sci-Fi, Lifeline, Law & Order, Airtight, Stalker and Techno-Viper will be tough just like Low-Light... Techno-Viper, Law & Order will be tough to find because of the ARAH accuracy AND the fact that people are going to troop-build them like crazy. L&O will probably be as bad as the Shock-Trooper, same with that Renegades Trooper. Hell, I imagine even that Storm Shadow may be tough to find, and we know how Stormies clog the shelves.

I was thinking about the subscription thing, and I honestly have no idea if that's a genius idea, or the worst thing in the world for collectors. If they don't let people know what's coming out in advance and then folks sign up regardless, but the figures suck, a lot of folks will drop the subscription once it's time to re-up. I personally would prefer them to be transparent about it and offer decent figures. Done smartly, they can do all-new figures using existing sculpting with a few new parts that are damn good, like ROC's Heavy Metal. Or, they can just give us awful nonsense like the Nickelodeon B.A.T. or Brit Scarlett, neither of which I want. They're not very good "first offerings", either.

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
Didnt make it to wonder con today but will be back at it tomorrow. MB you should definately try to make it for at least one day next year. you can get decent deals if you look around and its fun to talk to some of the "celebrities". The soup nazi from sienfeld was there and he was pretty cool. last year Adam baldwin was there and he was awesome. there are some cute nerd girls there, and a lot not so cute. last years highlight for me was the Kevin Smith panel. Rex you find your PP CC?
And no I am not short I'm 6'2" and this chick towered over me, yes it was pretty hot

Attachments

• IMG957324.jpg
    IMG957324.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 27

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That girl looks like a Caucasian Na'vi.

I didn't get a PP CC, they were asking $10-12 for him, and I had other stuff I ended up getting for my niece and myself.

There was a minty vintage Skystriker and Dragonhawk, with only a slight issue on the canopy of the SS, but I passed them up. The SS specifically because it was $110, and they're re-releasing it, retooled for 25th for much less. I skipped on the Dragonfly because it $50. They came from the same collection as my Havoc, and all seemed to be in un-played-with condition. Some poor guy's mother sold them to the shop, and said he never played with them as a child.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
  • Renegades Scarlett - definately want!
  • Renegades Tunnel Rat - meh never cared for this version of TR, likely fodder
  • Renegades Ripcord - wonder how he looks without the vest, could make him into Big Lob
  • Renegades Airtight - YES!
  • Renegades Law and Order - Wow what a large badge! Other than that cool!
  • Renegades Cobra Trooper - Hmmm perhaps re-assign them to be M. Bison's troops
  • Data Viper - pass
  • Kwinn - AWESOME!
  • Lifeline - EXCELLENT! Look at all the cool gear! Seems like he needs a Tomahawk to ride in now.
  • Zombie Viper - Hmm interesting, was never a fan of zombies KOP must be scared of these! :D I doubt Cobra or anyone could ever actually control a zombie.

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
she was 6'4" in bare feet and I think she said they were 4" heels, she wanted to be noticed and she was. My buddy who was with me know I like tall women, I also like women who wear glasses(not 100%sure why), and I love ginger chicks, so he got her to take a pic with me cuz she fit thos 3 criteria.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Holy shat that broad is huge! I'll have to check wonder con next year. I rarely keep track of the conventions so it's a pain for me to remember.

That sky striker pilot is pretty cool. It would look way better in a plane that was much closer to scale. :D If the Starscream Sky Striker is the price it's supposed to be it will be a pass for me. I am stoked on most of the figures at least. Could be a good year if everything goes according to plan.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That pilot has 2 seats reserved in a certain full 1:18 scaled plane from a popular 80's movie that the chinese thought was a documentary.

So how much am I going to have to pay for wetsuit?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Oh, and (sorry, I keep staring at these damn high-res pics...) does Lifeline not look like Robert Patrick a bit?

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
You'd think after all these years they'd at least go to a damn firing range and try to at least hit a back stop. Does suck that real guns are a no no.

i don't even care what kinda guns they use, i just want then to be able to hit each other..geeze..

I would rather they increase the Zarannas.

yeah, me too...i'm dreading the new Sgt. Slaughter debacle that is inevitably gonna happen with her

she was 6'4" in bare feet and I think she said they were 4" heels, she wanted to be noticed and she was. My buddy who was with me know I like tall women, I also like women who wear glasses(not 100%sure why), and I love ginger chicks, so he got her to take a pic with me cuz she fit thos 3 criteria.

it woulda been so insanely hilarious if after you posted that picture, Mandingo woulda been like "uhhh, buddy, thats Z"