JOE CON FLORIDA 2011

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
You still have that Best of set? Throw in a first born too and I'll get you a carded DT.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I remember during Slaughtergate when Rex offered that set up and I sniped him on it. Same thing I did with Claymore. Hahahahahahahaha. ;)

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Yea, there's a few good ones in there from what I see. I'd say I like about 30%-40% of what they have shown. Not the vehicles though.

That Data Trooper is an interesting figure. The drone is a nice addition. The toxo zombie looks cool but not my cup 'o tea. The Renegades trooper does look pretty decent and would be good to use for other applications once painted. Not too bad of a showing. I think the Scarlett is decent too. Has a pretty good female body to use for other stuff.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Holy effin' diarrhea, Batman. Those are hot.

I can't believe there were fans wanting the Renegades figures in "shortcut" animation styling. They should have their collections surrendered for even wanting that. I don't even like many of the Renegades designs, but the figures are baller. That Scarlett and Duke look amazing, as does CC and the Cobra Trooper. And the gear!

As for ARAH goodness:
• Kwinn - Wow. Shorts, I'm speechless. That's one custom I won't even think about anymore. Kinda surprised by the all-new sculpt (or what looks like it) for ol' Kwinn.
• Lifeline - Jeebus! 2 Helmets! The gear! The vintage goodness!
• Airtight - Jeebus! Vintage! The gear!
• Sci-Fi - 2 heads! (someone said helmet removable on one?!)
• Storm Shadow - so is the Renegades one the same as the previous "ultimate" SS from ToyFair? If so, sign me up, the alternate head is awesome. AND THE GEAR!
• Stalker! Simple repaint, killer results.
• Law & Order - only "vintage" character I'm not really loving, but it's still a great figure. I would like to see a vintage-colored "variant" for this one. The sculpting is amazing though.
• Techno-Viper - same as before, awesome

And as far as the weirder shit, even that damn zombie and "Data-Viper" look awesome. The sculptwork is topnotch.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I actually like the Law and Order like they have shown. As much as I dig the vintage look for figures like that a more modern look is welcome with me. For characters like Sci Fi and Airtight they don't have much "real world" use so to keep them original is perfect. Is Law and Order supposed to be a Renegades figure or 30th figure?

I do love all the extras each figure gets. Makes them much more desirable.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I actually like the Law and Order like they have shown. As much as I dig the vintage look for figures like that a more modern look is welcome with me. For characters like Sci Fi and Airtight they don't have much "real world" use so to keep them original is perfect. Is Law and Order supposed to be a Renegades figure or 30th figure?

I do love all the extras each figure gets. Makes them much more desirable.

I agree with you on Law & Order, for the most part. I think the figure is fine, and shouldn't be changed. But since they're doing a variant for some of the other figures (like Crocmaster, who I could do without, at least a PP repaint variant is a cool addition... better than nothing! Or Blowtorch, which both color edits sound good to me) I think the only figure shown that deserves a "color variant" is L&O. Just a red or even burgundy-red shirt with MP on the helmet and green pants. The sculpt update is fantastic, but I think it'd be cool to have him in an updated look with the vintage colors.

I think L&O is supposed to be a hybrid "best fit" version, or something. Unless he shows up again in new duds, it doesn't look that much like his character model in the show, right? I think they were just trying to appease the vintage fans with that one, and ended up in some odd middle-ground territory. He's essentially the Joe answer to the Shock Trooper troop-builder. I expect him to be hard to come by.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
It would have been better to give Law and Order a variant instead of Cock master. Who cares about him? Really, who? It's some pervert who plays with reptiles. Why do we get 3 of him? I'm baffled.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It would have been better to give Law and Order a variant instead of Cock master. Who cares about him? Really, who? It's some pervert who plays with reptiles. Why do we get 3 of him? I'm baffled.

Don't forget the awful Serpentor-Crocmaster hybrid from ROC that came with the drill thing. That is perhaps the worst kitbash figure in the entire line for me personally.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I forgot about the ROC thing. So there were too many of him either way. That figure was cool for the 25th line but after that it got old. he barely sold at $4.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Some cool stuff show. It's chances of actually being on shelves are only slightly better than me waking up tomorrow morning hung like Jake Steed, however.

Can't believe i had to go to HT to see these damn things.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Uh, according to HT's reporting, "30 for 30 isn't happening." They mis-spoke (whatever the hell that means).

it was you who made me think the 30 for 30 was dead you tool

I'm really digging the Cobra pilot, but hell if i want to buy the VTOL to get it.

i was thinking the same thing...they do that a lot though...pack a cool fig in with their sh!tty vehicles...

oh and I will buy every damn zombie figure I see

agreed...definately digging him...though a clone zombie army might be lame

Some cool stuff show. It's chances of actually being on shelves are only slightly better than me waking up tomorrow morning hung like Jake Steed, however.

Can't believe i had to go to HT to see these damn things.

lol, so true...i love to see all this new stuff...although i'd almost rather not, so that i don't have to be disappointed when they inevitably cancel it 70%-90% of it...

oh, and you can to TNI to avoid HT...terrordrome and generals usually have good pics too

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Kwinn - OMG, i can't believe they are actually doing him...he looks so perfect though

Airtight, Lifeline, Sci-Fi, Techno-Viper(wearing a corset?) - awesome PoC sculpting for some ARAH goodness, much like lowlight

Zombie/Data Vipers - very cool concept that i will buy into

Renegades - all (mostly) great...did they put a wash on Duke?...looks good...the Cobra Trooper is really nice...Ripcord?...bet he makes a return on the show...

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
VERY COOL!!!

News is coming in from the G.I. Joe Club roundtable panel at JoeCon 2011.

* Doing a subscription based figure set much like Matty Collector.
* 6 month trial
* 2 figures per month
* If you subscribe you get a bonus figure
* 13 figures total with 6 month subscription
* All figures are carded
* Cancelled Nano-BAT from ROC and Quarell are first 2 figs
* O-Ring figures will be limited in the future the focus is with modern era

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'm curious as to how the subscription will be carded. 25th style? ROC style? GIJCC exclusive style? Hopefully it's not just a bunch of canceled figures but seeing the first few I'm a little skeptical. Interesting in theory but what type of figure execution and price are we talking about?

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
Well I figure between Slayer and Hunter I can get some different zombie heads, but they will work perfectly for a dio Ive been wanting to do