Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I have NEVER seen the Shanna wave at retail! Idk wtf is going on if the wave after it is going to drop soon! All my targets&TRU are still on the Blackcat/beast/sandman wave! My walmarts seem to be restocking the wasp/she hulk wave..

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Kroger still has nothing but the Cap/IM/GrimReaper/Hyperion wave. It's been the same for a year! At least Target got the Beast/Sandman wave, even if it is warming.... but that's due to the $13 pricetag as much as the characters.

Yeah, if not for HTS, I would have no Shanna(s).

That's all I see too, no matter the store. Saw Beast/Sandman wave once then never again. Though the $13+ price and reduced articulation guaranteed I wouldn't buy them no matter how many times I saw them.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Meijer has that Hyperion wave too for the longest time.
My Walmarts carry NONE!
Ironically my Targets sold all the Sandman wave figures but the Hyperion wave ones remain.

Yeah,they're at every Walmart in the SE rollback to $7each. You'd think they're clearence yet they keep restocking them. I got to the point where I stopped buying wasp,cause I have so many now.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They just had to make her head too small. You're shrinking the ML one though, right?

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Yeah,it's actually in the set of molds I made yesterday. I'm trying to cast it seperately from the hair,so I can cast them in seperate colors..makes for a cleaner custom imo.

I'm sure it's going to take a few tries to get to the perfect scale too. I want it for lady Jaye,but it'd obviously work on the 4" wasp. That's a neat figure too. Wish hasbro wasn't going backwards with articulation.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Right, been out of the MU collecting game for a while and have the bug again.

What's the best choice for some Hydra goons?

Options:

#1: The one from the 3-pack (with SHIELD Agent and WHite Hand Ninja)
#2: The Yellow and Brown webbing comic color Cap Movie figure repaints
#3: The Movie uniform guys with the restricted right arm movement due to the energy weapon ammo belt.
#4: Vortious custom accessories nice looking Skull Solider kit.
#5: Kit bashing a bunch of MU Mysterio figures to resemble the spandex suit look of the recent 6inch Legend Hydra goon.

????

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'm not familiar with the character, but is he supposed to have mismatched reds between the top and bottom?

It's just Colossus wielding the crystal that gives Juggernaut his powers. So comic fans call him Juggerlossus.

However, in his few brief appearances, I don't recall him being mismatched like that. I'm hoping that it's the lighting or some kind of proto. However, I'm not even sure why I care. While I feel completely compelled to buy any x-men related character just to support them so we can get more x-men characters, I'm pretty sure there is no scenario where I'd display/play-with 'roided-up Juggy Colossus.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's just Colossus wielding the crystal that gives Juggernaut his powers. So comic fans call him Juggerlossus.

However, in his few brief appearances, I don't recall him being mismatched like that. I'm hoping that it's the lighting or some kind of proto. However, I'm not even sure why I care. While I feel completely compelled to buy any x-men related character just to support them so we can get more x-men characters, I'm pretty sure there is no scenario where I'd display/play-with 'roided-up Juggy Colossus.

Crazy, isn't it? It's like a sickness. "Why can't I quit you?!" :shakefist:

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Right, been out of the MU collecting game for a while and have the bug again.

What's the best choice for some Hydra goons?

Options:

#1: The one from the 3-pack (with SHIELD Agent and WHite Hand Ninja)
#2: The Yellow and Brown webbing comic color Cap Movie figure repaints
#3: The Movie uniform guys with the restricted right arm movement due to the energy weapon ammo belt.
#4: Vortious custom accessories nice looking Skull Solider kit.
#5: Kit bashing a bunch of MU Mysterio figures to resemble the spandex suit look of the recent 6inch Legend Hydra goon.

????

All of the above!

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Chameleon is up too which I was really looking forward to. But I'm still not paying $13.

Brickhead

Enlisted
May 9, 2014
Southern Maryland
www.flickr.com
I think Hasbro is trying to phase out the 3 3/4 13 POA figures (obviously for adult collectors) and sell us 6" versions at an even slower production rate. 6" figures are more money and easier to give more POA. Look at the new SW line. The black series 3 3/4 are mostly all repack repaints and the other Ep7 releases are all 5POA.

I'm pretty pissed off that I've invested in this 3 3/4 Marvel Universe and halfway through they change it up to Marvel Infinite and cut back on articulation. Also the fact that stores near me order wave 1 and possibly 2 but they never keep this shit stocked. I go to BBTS...SOLD OUT...PREORDERS SOLD OUT. Fuck.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I would argue that the MU line has had a good run. While there are tons of x-men related characters I still want to see done, if they announced tomorrow that they were just going to stop, I can't exactly complain. It's lasted waaaaaaaaay longer than I ever expected and given us some great obscure characters (along with some real shit d-list characters that no one cares about).

Hasbros love of recycling the same four characters over and over and higher prices have contributed to the line being weaker than it should. Add that to a company-wide pullback on non 5POA figures. Plus, WM is as much to blame since they won't support anything that doesn't have strong media tie-ins. It's a perfect storm of circumstances that keep this from being what it once was.

But, overall I'm happy. If we never got another figure, it's more than I ever thought we'd get for Marvel characters in SW/Joe scale. My inner 10-year-old would be overjoyed. More would be better, but I have become content with however this line continues or does not.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I'm not happy, because this line blows in nearly every criterion. They waste money on great individual molds but never update the molds they use three times in a wave. The joint engineering is universally *terrible*. Is there a single team that's complete (like, even an FF team all in matching uniforms?)?

When Hasbro announced they were doing 18th Marvel Universe, based on their history of making Joes and SW figures; is what we've gotten remotely close to what everybody imagined? This line is easily the most disappointing line of my entire life.

/where the absolute FUCK is Ghost Rider's bike, you cheap incompetent shit-tards?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Again, I could list 100 characters that I wish they'd have made by now... but I can also list 100 that I thought I'd never see.

When I say "happy", I don't mean that in the "woohoo!" sense, more of a "it could have been worse" sense. I do admit that I hate the soft plastic they use on these. It's rare to get one that isn't warped badly. The sculpts are mediocre for the guys, and seriously sub-par for the females (shanna being a recent exception). And the paint is a tossup, requiring inspection at the store to not get the derp-eyed one. And distribution sucks. And oversaturation of Avengers characters is the bane of my existence.

But when the line started in what, 2009, I never dreamed it would go as long as it did or produce half the characters it did. I also never dreamed SW would abandon us for dollar-store quality figures or that the dollar store would actually be the only way to get Joes. So let's be clear, I'm not satisfied with this line, I'm merely accepting that we've gotten pretty much all we're going to get, and it's more than I expected when it started. I'm not satisfied with SW or Joe either, as Hasbro has lost it's damn mind and gone full-retard into "make a quick dollar selling shit figures" mode.

But I've just gotten past the denial stage and the anger stage... I'm in the content/acceptance stage of my 4" collecting 12-step program ;)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
But I've just gotten past the denial stage and the anger stage... I'm in the content/acceptance stage of my 4" collecting 12-step program ;)

Same here. Hasbro has basically forced me to no longer care. I'm basically indifferent at this point. They make more, cool. They don't, *shrugs*

But yeah, 1:18th Marvel fans reeeeeally need to count their blessings. Compare what you've gotten compared to what 1:18th DC fans have gotten. When you say it could be worse, DC is a prime example of just how much worse it could be.

I will say, though, that never in a million years did I expect to get a 1:18th Reeve Superman...so there's that.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
They just made him in the 6" line, so why not. The one next to him looks like Ms. Marvel (think that's what she's going by right now at least). The other...can't tell at all.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Spider-Man's 3rd string of villains are what we're down to?

Christ on a cracker, is there any way we can speed up the return of the X-Men IP to the Marvel Studios stable so we can get action figures of characters that don't suck quite as much?