Marvel: Phase Three

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
Jeremy Renner â€￾@Renner4Real 22h22 hours ago
Yeah. I'm diggin this. You? #avengers #captainamerica #civilwar #hawkeye #ironman

Got new threads. And I brought a friend. #antman #hawkeye #civilwar #costume #captainamerica #avengers

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Hulk in Space? What?

Looks like Ant-Man made its budget back some domestically, plus another $195 mil overseas. Doesn't seem like it went gangbusters, but will end up in the + column so it should make people happy.

If Marvel can keep releasing movies in the MCU in a timely fashion, and keep the quality good, AND keep making money, it keeps the MCU in everyone's mind (which gets harder and harder these days). Basically these are just fluffering us for the big movies to come.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The match-ups in these posters seem extremely uneven. Advantage: Stark and friends. Still, I have a feeling Cap 3 will be the best MCU film to date.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Maybe seeing Planet Hulk led me to assume that that was what was happening. But in AoU, Banner was being more altruistic and taking it upon himself to keep the world safe from the Hulk and sending himself into space instead of being forcibly removed.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The match-ups in these posters seem extremely uneven. Advantage: Stark and friends. Still, I have a feeling Cap 3 will be the best MCU film to date.

There is chat of someone on Tony's team being a double agent. I'm putting my money on Natasha.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
If Cap gets Wanda, then the teams are even, no? Vision is the only real standout.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I love that Ant-Man news! Black Panther even earlier? Awesome!

Wonder what the mystery movies are? Hulk?! That's my biggest hope. More Spidy? Defenders movie? Or is that going to Netflix? Black Widow? Hope not. Namor? Might be interesting. Ironman 4? Think I saw a rumor of that a couple days ago.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
As much as people complain about Fox Marvel rights issues, right now the mutants have no real place in the MCU, that being said their story would make much more sense a few year down the line, when Marvel has create 100+ known super powered people & the whole what do we do about mutants thing becomes more relevant.

Let Fox make their money now, & in a few years when rights revert (or buy) back then introduce Mutants in the MCU. The set up is already happening in AoS now. Hell even in Age of Ultron they basically made Xavier's school in upstate NY.

Glad they got the FF rights back, but I don't think many people are in a rush to see the next version. But would love it if they introduce the charactors on one of the shows first.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah just saw that. Would've been a smart move on both parts. A shitty sequel to a shitty film that already underperformed is a terrible idea.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7AYpTO08zo&ebc=ANyPxKoW5Sl3ULgRUfYi29Doz9DeNHSlzy9C5REy2oIcJt13ENHjEnKZ0Ue7W0Pu3HU0JNYrrqsRdAuq7ViuELyfi3DVNLCjhw[/ame]

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
This is the first MCU flick where I've been turned off by the casting. Bendydick Crumblysnatch just ain't compatible with the Stephen Strange I've read. I was wanting Oded Fehr.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm not excited about that casting either. Whats worse is my complete lack of interest in mystical/supernatural stories. I'll watch it, like i do the Thor movies, but I'm not eager to see it at all. :grumpy:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
It's still fake. A lot of the footage is reuse from previous movies...and way too much filler of stock footage from history.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It's still fake. A lot of the footage is reuse from previous movies...and way too much filler of stock footage from history.

Looks totally legit to me, for an initial teaser. They reuse the shit out of previous film footage for teasers, probably because that's all that's been completed at this point. Probably never intended for mass-market viewing, but as an initial preview of the concept, I can see it as being what they used to tease the rough direction of the film. It's from July, so that's highly likely it's some very early tease.

It's definitely cobbled-together, but for proof-of-concept, it seems legit with new content.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They showed something at a convention. The very well could be it. Descriptions of the footage at the time could verify its legitimacy. Probably is. Don't know why someone would phone record a fake fan trailer.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Looks totally legit to me, for an initial teaser. They reuse the shit out of previous film footage for teasers, probably because that's all that's been completed at this point. Probably never intended for mass-market viewing, but as an initial preview of the concept, I can see it as being what they used to tease the rough direction of the film. It's from July, so that's highly likely it's some very early tease.

It's definitely cobbled-together, but for proof-of-concept, it seems legit with new content.

An initial teaser is not two minutes long.

They completed filming a month ago.

The only new thing i saw was the half second shot of Crossbones firing at something.

Then there is the black and gold Iron Man armor at the end of it. Fan boys have tried to shoehorn that color scheme in to every Marvel movie since IM2. A lot of the footage looks poorly animated. They would not have crappy animated Iron Man scenes in a 'teaser' that was viewed by a live audience.

But hey, what do I know. I don't work for Marvel.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
An initial teaser is not two minutes long.

They completed filming a month ago.

The only new thing i saw was the half second shot of Crossbones firing at something.

Then there is the black and gold Iron Man armor at the end of it. Fan boys have tried to shoehorn that color scheme in to every Marvel movie since IM2. A lot of the footage looks poorly animated. They would not have crappy animated Iron Man scenes in a 'teaser' that was viewed by a live audience.

But hey, what do I know. I don't work for Marvel.

Look at the YouTube video date. It's from the summer. :wave: The timing makes perfect sense if it was shown to a private panel at a Con. The audio of RDJ talking plus some of the other snippets don't seem to come from previous footage. I can totally see it as a proof of concept teaser that's totally official.

And completed filming doesn't mean shit. Post-production will run almost up until launch. But I expect we'll see something official around Star Wars' launch for official teaser, then we'll get a full trailer come Super Bowl.

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
This is the first MCU flick where I've been turned off by the casting. Bendydick Crumblysnatch just ain't compatible with the Stephen Strange I've read. I was wanting Oded Fehr.

Omg. That would have been perfect.

I think Benedict is talented but I also think he's overrated. When he teared up in Star Trek, I busted out in laughter. His Sherlock is cringeworthy to me.