Marvel: Phase Two

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I like Terrence Howard, but I think Cheadle probably did a better job, as they had better chemistry. I just wish it'd been Cheadle from the get-go.

That does blow if that was true, though.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Agent Carter's one-shot was pretty cool. I welcome more.

I love how Marvel and DC steal each others ideas. DC did this with their animated stuff a few years back with their DC Showcase One-shots.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm glad all these movies are happening and all, but I really hate hearing the hype so early. It makes it seem like forever until the payoff happens. Knowing that Avengers 2 comes out in 2015, and that Avengers 3 will happen as far as 2018, makes my 2013 self excited and sad at the same time.

I remember when I was a kid, I'd see a trailer for "TMNT 2" at the actual theater for the first time during some other nerdy kid movie I was seeing, and my mind was completely blown. The last time I saw a trailer for the first time (for a movie coming out within a reasonable time) at a theater (or hell, even online) before knowing about it 2-3 years in advance seems like a lifetime ago.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Before people start complaining about too many villains, or comparing it to Spiderman 3, please read the article. It explains how it'll work.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Yup. If it's like Avengers, it will be no issue. I'm sure it will be long enough and involved enough to warrant the proposed story in the article.

Only 4 months until Cap 2!

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
If it's Dougray Scott, I'm fine with it. I always wondered what would have happened if Tom Cruise didn't injure him in MI2 and he was able to play Logan in X1.

He was great as a maniac in Strike Back season 4.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well that entire film will be the first Marvel film I go to see that I have zero fucking clue what's going on or give a shit what happens, so it's a blank slate for me. I'm sure a lot of folks are in the same boat as me.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Well that entire film will be the first Marvel film I go to see that I have zero fucking clue what's going on or give a shit what happens, so it's a blank slate for me. I'm sure a lot of folks are in the same boat as me.

The bold is true for me.

I have been following as much as I can and I'm starting to learn the characters and actors so that helps. I do give a shit though as this film is tied into the CMU and will affect Avengers 2. Therefore I want it to be good and do well.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I mean I hope it's successful and a good story. I just don't give a damn if they kill off anyone or so-and-so isn't "right" as a character like I got annoyed by, say: Thor's lack of helmet, or say Mandarin being a puppet.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

I also heard Robert Downy Jr. will be playing Tony Stark...

Check...

I mean I hope it's successful and a good story. I just don't give a damn if they kill off anyone or so-and-so isn't "right" as a character like I got annoyed by, say: Thor's lack of helmet, or say Mandarin being a puppet.

...and check...

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
For me, I know very little about Guardians, but Star-Lord always looked cool to me. The actor playing him I don't like, and now I'm going to be forced to look at his stupid face.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
They're starting to use these designs for variant covers now too so it appears they're starting to promote them.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ah well. I'll miss the helmet.

I won't either. I liked the character's previous look. This new look just reminds me of a Grifter rip off with a touch of Serenity.

His helmet might still be in there for when he's in battle especially in places where the atmosphere is unbreathable, like out in space where no one would be able to breath.

Am I the only one that's questioning the casting of Glenn Close as Nova Prime? If you look up Marvel Nova Prime you get info on 4 guys, not a woman. Also did I miss where they said who's playing Nova (Richard Rider)? He is one of the GotG right?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...QdUDQSnwyX339xfTmyMDsXQ&bvm=bv.58187178,d.cWc

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Am I the only one that's questioning the casting of Glenn Close as Nova Prime? If you look up Marvel Nova Prime you get info on 4 guys, not a woman.

However, the Prime Commandant was a woman, so they may just be using a slightly different title.

Also did I miss where they said who's playing Nova (Richard Rider)? He is one of the GotG right?

He is not, although he has worked with them.