Marvel: Phase Two

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Went to see GotG again...still awesome...but I picked up something I missed before...a bit about Starlords dad...his mom says (before she dies), "he's an angel...comprised (I think that's the word she used) of light."...later, Yondu refers to him as a "jerk"...does this tell any resident Marvel nerds anything about who he might be?

Also, this is great! So many great points once he gets to the "nitpicking"

Honest Trailers - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - YouTube

I think it's the best comic book movie ever made

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Evangeline Lilly may still be best known for her work as Kate on ABC’s sci-fi mystery series Lost. However, the actress has been slowly building a solid film career since that show went off the air in 2010.

In addition to her role in the Hugh Jackman-fronted Real Steel, Lilly has been featured prominently in the latter two-thirds of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit trilogy as elf warrior Tauriel. Those films may not be universally beloved by audiences, but they are bonafide box office draws and will no doubt prepare Lilly to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe in next year’s Ant-Man.

While promoting The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Lilly spoke with CNN about playing Hope Van Dyne, daughter to Hank Pym (Michael Douglas). Here’s what she had to say:

“[Hope] is the daughter of the founders of The Avengers, Ant-Man and the Wasp. She is a very talented, intelligent, capable woman and a force to be reckoned with.

['Ant-Man'] is very much a heist film. It has all the fun, tension and drama of a good heist film. The heist is being masterminded by myself, my father and Scott Lang.â€￾

Lilly’s comments continue to play up the heist element of the film, with Paul Rudd as “master thiefâ€￾ Scott Lang. However, she also confirms that her character will be directly involved in the plot that Pym and Lang are hatching.

ant man writer adam mckay marvel movie Ant Man Star Evangeline Lilly Reveals New Story Details

In addition, her mention of Ant-Man and the Wasp as “foundersâ€￾ of the Avengers is interesting too. Neither character has yet been introduced in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but with rumors running rampant that Ant-Man will feature flashbacks involving a young Hank Pym and perhaps Agent Carter star Hayley Atwell, perhaps the films can retroactively include those older heroes as part of the braintrust involved in designing some of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s defense programs or even “the Avenger initiativeâ€￾ itself. Of course, this is purely speculation, as Lilly could have easily been referring to the characters’ comic book origins, but Marvel is certainly capable of tying things like this closely together.

In any case, it sounds like Lilly will be a more active part of the Ant-Man adventure than some fans may have suspected, which certainly bodes well for the desperate need for more big screen female heroes to join Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow and whichever actress ends up being cast as Captain Marvel in 2018.

Are you excited for Ant-Man next year, Screen Ranters, or are you waiting for a trailer before getting psyched about the film? Sound off in the comments below with your thoughts.

Ant-Man wraps up Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe on July 17, 2015, preceded by Avengers: Age of Ultron on May 1, 2015. Captain America: Civil War starts Phase 3 on May 6, 2016, followed by Doctor Strange on November 4, 2016, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on May 5, 2017, Thor: Ragnarok on July 28, 2017, Black Panther on November 3, 2017, Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 on May 4, 2018, Captain Marvel on July 6, 2018, Inhumans on November 2, 2018 and Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2 on May 3, 2019.

Source: CNN
Source : Screenrant

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'm really looking forward to this film...maybe more so than any other Marvel film. Really eager to see with the shrinking FX. I always liked Inner Space due to the cool shrinking FX.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
promo posters for Age of Ultron reveal the new origins. Sry attached pics so small.

better pics.

more art here.
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/hulkbuster-thor-and-others-featured-in-new-avenges-age-of-ultron-promo-art-237

Attachments

• Avengers age of ultron promo art (1).jpg
    Avengers age of ultron promo art (1).jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1
  • Avengers age of ultron promo art (2).jpg
    Avengers age of ultron promo art (2).jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Since the Marvel Universe kicked off in 2008, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor have all become essential parts of the greater as well as leaders of their own individual franchises. However, their anger-ridden ally The Incredible Hulk has been far less fortunate when it comes to striking out on his own.

The character has famously struggled to land a runaway box office smash. Both the 2003 Ang Lee Hulk and the 2008 Louis Leterrier quasi-reboot The Incredible Hulk (only the latter of which is considered canon within the MCU) earned comparably mixed reviews and solid, though unspectacular, box office takes. Ever since, Marvel Studios has relegated the Hulk to an ensemble player only and kept references to his solo film to a bare minimum. However, some new information indicates that the studio may be open to revisiting the world that was introduced in Leterrier’s film.

Crave Online recently caught up with Tim Roth – who played Marvel baddie The Abomination in The Incredible Hulk – about whether he would be game to return to tangle with his green-skinned nemesis in a future film. Here’s what the actor had to say:

“They were going to do it. They did do that. They were thinking, in The Avengers 2 or something. There was a movie we could do that at one point, but way back when. It just kind of got swept under the carpet I guess. That would be hilarious.â€￾

Roth’s revelation regarding Avengers: Age of Ultron isn’t entirely surprising, seeing as rumors have previously swirled that The Abomination could re-appear as an Avengers villain at some point. As it stands, he and the Red Skull are two of the biggest Marvel villains still open to return in future installments (the Mandarin, notwithstanding).

The latter character reportedly nearly appeared in The Avengers, and with Marvel Studios’ continuing mantra of “it’s all connected,â€￾ it stands to reason that the powers that be (i.e. Kevin Feige) are actively looking for opportunities to bring powerful foes like The Abomination back into the mix.

Yet, despite some reports to the contrary, the fact remains that the chance of seeing Roth return to the MCU anytime soon will likely be limited to ensemble films. With so many moving parts in place both on television and the big screen, one can’t help but wonder what surprises Marvel will have in store for fans when the two-part Avengers: Infinity War hits theaters in 2018 and 2019. Considering the curveballs the MCU has offered thus far, there’s every chance that Roth could still be receiving a call from Marvel in the next few years.

Would you like to see The Abomination return in a future Avengers film, or would you prefer if Marvel left that character in the past? Sound off in the comments section below with your thoughts.

Source: Crave Online
Source : Screenrant

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
April 10th
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h334vn103YM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h334vn103YM[/ame]

Blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) fights against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the Super Hero “Daredevilâ€￾ in modern day Hell’s Kitchen, New York City. Produced by Marvel Television and ABC Studios, with executive producers Steven S. DeKnight (Spartacus), Jeph Loeb (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) and Drew Goddard (Cabin In The Woods), the series also stars Rosario Dawson, Vincent D’Onofrio, Deborah Ann Woll and Elden Henson.

Last edited:

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean

Am I the only one who thinks that ScarJo is hotter and sexier with red hair?

The Hulk has pretty eyes. No homo. Seriously though, looking a the Hulk, is he based on Kirby art?

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I can't stand Quicksilver's "just going out for a jog" outfit or NotMaryKate's angsty teen skirt but the rest look awesome.

It annoys me to no end to see them in promo shots without their masks. Where's Stark's helmet? Good luck flying the suit. :rolleyes:

Also, they could've squeezed Cheadle in there so we're not so surprised when he dies early on. They're not even trying!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Helmets and masks?! But then how would you know who the actors are underneath that have been playing the characters for the past 8 years?? :rolleyes:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
There is also this cover.

also a quote from Whedon on Avengers 3 and 4. Looks like he is done after Avengers 2.

“I couldn’t imagine doing this again. It’s enormously hard, and it [will] be, by [the time I would make 'Avengers 3 & 4'], a good five years since I created anything that was completely my own. So it’s very doubtful that I would take on the two-part Infinity War movie that would eat up the next four years of my life. I obviously still want to be a part of the Marvel Universe – I love these guys – but it ain’t easy. This year has been more like running three shows than any year of my life. It is bonkers.â€￾ Source - CBM Joss Whedon Says It's "Very Doubtful" He Will Return For AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Seriously. It looks like the photo was made with helmets in mind then they awkwardly photoshopped the faces in there.

It's some weird editing, that's for sure.

Hulk, the Twins, and Hawkeye seem to look fairly normal, but the rest of them are too pale and flat compared to their damn bodies.