Marvel: Phase Two

W.O. leroy

Enlisted
Jul 21, 2011
Australia
I'm a Marvel fan at heart but I would love to see some good DC movies. I think Green Lantern had the potential to be a fantastic movie but they just didn't have the balls to push it as far as they needed to to make it great, they took the safe route and it bit them in the ass. The Flash could be an amazing movie. Ok yeah Supes is fast but the Flash is faster by far. With the right script I could see it being a great franchise, he has one of the best rogue galleries as well. I'd love to see a Wonder Woman movie in the same vain as 300 just with hot chicks and a little less gore. Arrow starts here next week and I am really looking forward to that. Auqaman was one of my favorite heroes as a kid as I lived right near the beach, I think he could have his own movie or if not at least introduce him in Justice League.

W.O. leroy

Enlisted
Jul 21, 2011
Australia
can you describe it with a spoiler warning. I read about it online but it didn't really make sense

OK sure.
Spoiler Warning Iron man 3 after credit scene.

Highlight to see.

Ok to explain the end I need to tell you about the start so if you don't want to know STOP NOW!

The movie starts with RDJ voice over explaining how he met Aldrich Killian in Switzerland. So the after credit scene is RDJ on a couch telling the story of the whole movie to Mark Ruffalo who has fallen asleep. RDJ calls him out on falling asleep and Ruffalo says he fell asleep pretty much at the start of the story and that he wasn't that type of doctor. RDJ is annoyed but goes off again on another story as Ruffalo begins to fall asleep again. So if anyone is expecting a teaser into Avengers 2 will be disapointed but it is a funny scene that i enjoyed.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Ok cool! I get it now. From what I read, it didn't explain the beginning of the movie, so now it makes more sense.

Potential Spoiler below

So does that mean that another IM is coming? Since he has another story to tell?

End Potential Spoiler

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Gah, I don't know why I read spoilers. I read the plot synopsis on Wikipedia. Sorta surprising twist, but a letdown for folks who were excited to see a certain baddie. At least it's not what I expected them to do.

And those cheeky bastards, cutting the trailer the way they did! Clever girls. A scene I figured was for something is for something else altogether. Sorta interested to see how the results of (SPOILER ALERT: Tony's surgery at the end of the film) plays out.

W.O. leroy

Enlisted
Jul 21, 2011
Australia
Ok cool! I get it now. From what I read, it didn't explain the beginning of the movie, so now it makes more sense.

Potential Spoiler below

So does that mean that another IM is coming? Since he has another story to tell?

End Potential Spoiler

I hope so. :)

Stupid background color. :)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Spoilers Don't read! Seriously, If you read this... IT WILL RUIN THE MOVIE FOR YOU

The Mandarin is NOT who you think he is. It was a nice twist and funny but I didn't like it overall. Lots of references to "NY" aka the Avengers movie. The Avengers get named dropped once or twice. Thor gets mentioned but not by name. The VP is a traitor. Several people in the movie "die" but come back at the end ala 87 Movie Duke. LOTS and LOTS of CGI. 98% of it is good. The after credits scene features Bruce Banner and is funny. Lots of funny moments in the movie, especially with Tony and this Kid. Eddie you love those parts. Iron Patriot works out very well and lots of humor about War Machine changing to Iron Patriot. The Trilogy ended very well, doesn't feel like a 4th movie is coming with this cast. That's a good start :D

End of Spoiler

Good ass movie

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Awesome!

I saw RDJ on Jon Stewart the other night...he said his contract is up, but they were renegotiating and then wink winked....meaning for more money...I would too if I were him...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I thought I heard/read that he was contracted through Avengers 2. Lots of early rumors that they may kill him off in Avengers 2 to kick off Phase 3.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm guessing that's likely true...maybe he meant they were renegotiating for after that or for future IM films...?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm guessing that's likely true...maybe he meant they were renegotiating for after that or for future IM films...?

Yea, Most likely. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they didn't make any more Iron Man films and used him in the Avengers and maybe a few cameos here and there. If indeed they make a Hulk 2, he would be perfect in a support role in that film since it's obvious that Hulk can't carry a movie by himself unless they go a extreme route and do Planet Hulk or whatever. Kinda like how Black Widow helped out in IM2 and how Falcon and BW are going to help Cap 2.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like this bit...him explaining why he chose them...

Joss Whedon said:
Besides the fact that I grew up reading them, their powers are very visually interesting. One of the problems I had on the first one was everybody basically had punchy powers. Quicksilver's got super speed. Scarlet can weave spells and a little telekinesis, get inside your head. There’s good stuff that they can do that will help sort of keep it fresh.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
They won't use the names Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch though. They will use their real names...mostly because Quicksilver is being used in the new X-Men movie.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wow!...he'll be getting pretty old by A3...but I wouldn't want anyone else in the roll...either RDJ, or no IM at all

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I hope they don't screw up Guardians.

They seem to be heading that way. Sorry, but John C. Reilly as Nova Prime, and Chris Pratt as Star-Lord... Chris might be able to pull off Star-Lord, but I don't know if I can get past his idiotic character on Parks and Rec. I definitely can't get past John C. Reilly as a comedic actor, not to mention he doesn't look the part at all.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, and I hope I am, but with those 2 in their respective roles is too mind-boggling to me.

On the other hand, Bautista as Drax might be a good call. He actually looks the part, though I don't know what is acting is like.