Marvel: Phase Two

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Just realized that Nova Prime is the one that gave Richard Rider (current Nova) his powers in something very reminiscent of Green Lantern's Hal Jordan. So, as long as they don't have Reilly traipsing around as Nova the whole movie, it's looking better than I first thought.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Just realized that Nova Prime is the one that gave Richard Rider (current Nova) his powers in something very reminiscent of Green Lantern's Hal Jordan. So, as long as they don't have Reilly traipsing around as Nova the whole movie, it's looking better than I first thought.

I was going to point this out. :thumbsup:

Although they've got some new kid as Nova these days - Sam Alexander. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_(Sam_Alexander)

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Yup.

Reilly has proven his acting ability way before he started staring in everything with Will Ferrel. He's a better actor than Ferrel ever will be.

I like Richard Rider as Nova. Oh well.

I'm not saying Reilly isn't a good actor, but the guy is goofy looking and I can't get past Shake 'n Bake now.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
So much news out of Comic Con!

Avengers 2 has a sub name. Tons of news on Cap 2, Thor 2, Guardians etc etc. I'm excited!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Tons indeed...the most disappointing being that while A:AoU is an Ultron origin story, Hank Pym won't feature in the film AT ALL :( :mad:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Exactly!...which is why I cry foul...seeing that a Ant-Man (Pym) film is part of Phase 3, Hanks introduction in A:AoU seems only natural especially considering he freaking created Ultron :talktothehand:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
yeah, I see that point clearly. I know Ultron only from animated stuff, what they taught me was, Pym created him, he was flawed which caused him to want perfection out of everything, and he all but kills every Avenger. Marvel's Braniac. lol. Is that his comic story as well?

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Fogg or KT will have to answer that :D

But seeing the reactions and comments at comicbookmovies.com to the news, I'd say it's his comic origin too...

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Makes me wonder if this isn't just a bigger tease than it will be in the movie. What if the movie's theme is Ultron's beginning but he is not the villain or even finished. Just the beginning of the age? Maybe a prototype like butler-bot to start. Ultron almost needs multiple movies to really show his evolution, and allow Hank to ultilmately program him to become the AI that we know in his movie.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Makes me wonder if this isn't just a bigger tease than it will be in the movie. What if the movie's theme is Ultron's beginning but he is not the villain or even finished. Just the beginning of the age? Maybe a prototype like butler-bot to start. Ultron almost needs multiple movies to really show his evolution, and allow Hank to ultilmately program him to become the AI that we know in his movie.

That could be true!

What are they going to do with Thanos?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanos is the main villian in GotG says Feige...

Here's the Ultron bit...

Joss Whedon Says THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Will Be An Origin Story; Confirms No Hank Pym
Joss Whedon confirms that the movie shares only a title with the comic book event, and will instead be a totally original story. However, it WON'T feature Hank Pym and it sounds as if he will be a creation of Iron Man's! Hawkeye is also set to have a much larger role in the "global" sequel.

Marvel caught up with Joss Whedon (what follows is my own transcription of their conversation as it has yet to be released officially after airing just moments ago on their live blog) at the San Diego Comic-Con to talk all things The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Surprisingly, the writer and director revealed a lot more than any of us may have expected! After saying that he always wanted to use Ultron as the villain in a sequel, Whedon would go on to clear up some misconceptions that the title has caused. "Well, because there was a book called 'Age of Ultron' quite recently, a lot of people have assumed that is what we're doing, but that is not the case. We're doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside."

So, if Hank Pym doesn't create Ultron, who does? Well, Tony Stark seems to be the most obvious candidate, especially after Iron Man 3 showed that he had managed to create sentient versions of his armour. "We're crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from The Avengers we already know about. It's a little bit darker than the other film because Ultron is in the house. There's a science fiction theme that wasn't there in the other one. Ultron is definitely something that evolves, so we're going to get together a couple of different iterations. Nothing can be translated exactly as it was from the comics; particularly Ultron." Finally, he was asked about the scale of the movie and which character he is most enjoying writing and revealed: "It's very much a global Avengers film. A lot of the movie has to do with their place not just in America, but the world. Part of the fun for me, definitely this time around, is writing Hawkeye. He did get possessed pretty early by a bad guy and had to walk around all scowly for most of the movie so now it's nice to actually have the character there and see him interact with the other guys."

Read more at​
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83845#XyLWtcrkdoO7KyDF.99

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What they are doing is fine I guess, but it would just make so much more sense to have Hank intorduced priar to his solo film...

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
The one big saving grace I have in any changes they make to the marvel universe is I do not know much about Marvel's characters, only the basics. So I can't knitpick on things which makes them more fun for me.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Eh, I think they could easily make it a J.A.R.V.I.S. 2.0 or something that gets corrupted. I think we'll keep Stark talking to normal ol' Jarvis in the suit. But it streamlines the story and makes sense.

And I've never given a half-shit about Hank Pym. What a stupid character. He's supersmart, and can make himself tiny and giant? I never got that. How many damned geniuses does Marvel need on the Avengers team?

I think it's a smart move, and keeps the character count down.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Thanos is the main villian in GotG says Feige...

Here's the Ultron bit...

makes sense about IM. They just signed him on for more and gave him a shit ton of money.

Happy to hear about Hawkeye being more involved since he's basically being ignored for most of Phase 2.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And I've never given a half-shit about Hank Pym. What a stupid character. He's supersmart, and can make himself tiny and giant? I never got that. How many damned geniuses does Marvel need on the Avengers team?

Heh heh...I've always thought he was kinda cool...especially small controlling bugs...

I think it's a smart move, and keeps the character count down.
I still think it woulda been a good idea to at least introduce Hank (not Ant-Man) to lead into his solo film...

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Eh, I think they could easily make it a J.A.R.V.I.S. 2.0 or something that gets corrupted. I think we'll keep Stark talking to normal ol' Jarvis in the suit. But it streamlines the story and makes sense.

It would be easy to do. Stark has to rebuild, so when uploading a copy of Jarvis back into his new main database, it gets corrupted or a virus, enter Ultron, but only the copy of Jarvis becomes him.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That's the figures set that has the Racoon in it? I know nothing of them. I did laugh when I saw the figures.

Rocket Raccoon is totally stupid. I don't care what his story is, he's a fucking talking raccoon. I'll be honest, I'm a pretty big Marvel nerd (Hate DC for the most part) but I'd never even heard of "Guardians of the Galaxy" really until the movie was announced, and I did a major "WUT?" when I heard that.

GotG better not be some silly nonsense.