Marvel: Phase Two

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Good, because Avengers was the best Hulk film yet. I think everyone wanted to see more Hulk. Hell, I'd love to see Hulk vs. Rulk and Hulk vs. Leader in 2 more official MCU "Hulk" films, and then maybe a Planet Hulk storyline after the Avengers 3 ties up the Phase 1-3 stuff.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
A Hulk 2 has to be in the Phase 3 plans.

I still think it's a loss not having a Hulk 2 between now and Avengers. The October-through-Spring season is going to be an empty void compared to last/this year's barrage of Phase 2 films. But if GotG is really good, I can forgive 'em. This recent string of IM3/Thor2/Cap2 really got me spoiled, though.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I think I'll be happy with whoever they choose as a villain(s). I know so little about Ant-Man that any villain of his will be new to me. I won't have a favorite going in. I'm excited for this movie, very excited. This and GotG cause I know so little about them. Gonna be fun!

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
Marvel’s ‘Doctor Strange’ to Be Directed by Scott Derrickson (EXCLUSIVE)

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/marvels-doctor-strange-hires-director-scott-derrickson-exclusive-1201173055/

JUNE 3, 2014 | 02:46PM PT

Justin Kroll

Film Reporter
@krolljvar

As Marvel keeps hunting for its “Ant-Manâ€￾ director, the company continues to move forward with its next phase of films, tapping Scott Derrickson to helm “Doctor Strange.â€￾

Talks are still early, but sources say Derrickson, who most recently directed “Sinister,â€￾ is Marvel’s choice and a deal should be struck shortly.

Marvel had no comment.

The pic will be produced by Kevin Feige, who, over the years, has repeatedly said how badly he wants to get a “Doctor Strangeâ€￾ movie made. Executive producers on the project are Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Alan Fine, Stan Lee and Stephen Broussard.

The comicbook revolved around a former neurosurgeon who serves as the “Sorcerer Supremeâ€￾ — the primary protector of Earth against magical and mystical threats. Strange made his first appearance in the 1963 comicbook series “Strange Talesâ€￾ and would go on to have his own comicbook series and would appear in several other comicbooks that included “The Fantastic Four,â€￾ “Spider-Manâ€￾ and “Nick Fury.â€￾

Marvel has teased Strange in several pics including “Thorâ€￾ and “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,â€￾ and Derrickson’s commitment only moves things forward in getting the good doctor his own pic.

Derrickson and Marvel will now look to cast its title character, and while there is no front-runner at this time, expect a decision in coming months.

Derrickson has been a rising star that Hollywood has been chasing for their big projects after the success of his horror pic “The Exorcism of Emily Rose,â€￾ which earned $144 million at the worldwide box office.

He followed that up with another horror pic, “Sinister,â€￾ which overperformed at the box office and helped gained the attention of Hollywood. With execs always looking for directors that can pull the most out of their budgets, Derrickson is a very attractive talent, with both “Sinisterâ€￾ and “The Exorcism of Emily Roseâ€￾ costing less than $20 million but bringing in more than double that in profits.

Marvel is hoping Derrickson can bring the same dark and eerie storytelling style to the “Dr. Strangeâ€￾ story while not breaking the bank on the budget.

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean

Ultron

Cap

Some New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Highlight Plot Points, Costumes And More

Some New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Highlight Plot Points, Costumes And More

Including details on Tony Stark's major role in the Marvel sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron spoiler nuggets have been revealed also spotlighting the many costumes, weapons, and major plot points.

Follow DCMarvelFreshman:

View CBM Profile Follow on Twitter Follow on Google
By DCMarvelFreshman - 5/16/2014

The folks over Joblo have posted what they claim to be spoiler tidbits regarding the next year's highly-anticipated Avengers: Age of Ultron. The site has previously posted some Guardians of the Galaxy spoilers which have, for the most part, turned out to be legit. Therefore, read the following with caution even though these so-called spoilers are considerably minor. Anyhow, it is first mentioned that we'll see three different versions of the titular villain, Ultron, which writer/director Joss Whedon has confirmed in the past. "His original state is very rudimentary, but he's constantly upgrading" throughout the film. "He is coated in Vibranium and spends the film seeking out more of the raw material to continue his 'upgrades,'" reveals the source. "James Spader is playing the titular villain and our source says that he will be doing mo-cap for at least one iteration of the character, meaning that Ultron may be much more than "just a helmet" at some point." And like we all expected after seeing the Avengers Tower in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, "Tony Stark is indeed bankrolling The Avengers this time out. With the dissolution of S.H.I.E.L.D. in The Winter Soldier and it's subsequent "handover" to Phil Coulson in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Tony Stark takes on the role of global security by housing The Avengers in the former Stark Tower, now Avengers Tower, where he funds new tech, new costumes, and even a new Quinjet."

It's then revealed that the "Iron Legion" will return appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron, although that may not be what they are called in the film. "Tony Stark/Iron Man has created an army of Iron Man 'drones' (much like he utilized at the end of Iron Man 3) and uses them to 'keep the peace.' The Avengers are not in hiding or attempting to keep a low profile. They are very public and 'out' about their intention of keeping the world safe, especially with the absence of S.H.I.E.L.D." As for costumes, Joblo further suggest thats "all (or most) of The Avengers will be rocking an Avengers logo on their costumes, courtesy of the upgrade to each superhero's duds, thanks to Stark," which we got a peek at when Chris Evans was seen costumed and filming in South Korea months ago. "Black Widow will have 2 batons that have shocking ability as part of her new arsenal and Hawkeye will indeed be rocking the long sleeve jacket that is reminiscent of his comics costume. Hulk will now be wearing "stretchy pants" that grow and shrink with him when he goes back and forth between Banner and Hulk." As for The Vision, played by Paul Bettany, his costume is "said to retain the green/yellow color scheme, albeit with the usual Marvel Cinematic upgrade. Our source indicates that, much like Ultron, Vision is not expected to make his final, full reveal until the third act of the film. The how and why of that is wide open for discussion, but it makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if Vision makes the "sacrifice play" for this one, but that's just my feeling." For even more tidbits, head over to Joblo. What do you think?

The Avengers: Age of Ultron stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Cobie Smulders, Jeremy Renner, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, with Paul Bettany, Samuel L. Jackson, and James Spader. The film is set for release on May 1, 2015.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=100220#0eZl35H002MVTls8.99

I don't know how accurate this site is.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Awesome!

- Ants (the actual insect) are the main ally and superpower for ANT-MAN in the film. Lang will speak to the ants via his helmt, just as in the comics, which is said to be a special element to the overall story.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I saw the 20min preview of "Guardians of the Galaxy" last night- It was pretty freaking awesome. I'm very excited to see the rest of the movie- Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon was a surprisingly good choice!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I just can't get excited about GotG... I have no real interest in any of the characters. I suppose I'll get it on netflix. Maybe it'll grow on me.