Masters Of The Universe

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
This would be an instant "collect the whole set" for me.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Threads needs to come out of the basement to breath a bit

Had some fun messing with my motuc...

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
I like the 200x he-man. What parts did you use?

That one practically made himself. It's using the 2nd release King Grayskull body with the 200x snake armor he-man head. That's it!

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Interesting. I already have one of the two figs required.

Really wish that the unreasonably priced MOTUC figs that I still want would get another/more releases. That'd really get my interest piqued in the line again. :grumpy:

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
What got me was seeing Point Dread. Having not had that as a kid I've got to get it now. Seeing the new Teela figure doesn't help either. Their last Q&A all but assured us of more vehicles as well.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This would be an instant "collect the whole set" for me.

Ya know, MOTU is pretty much just a memory to me, but I would snatch up a fistful of those and run head-long to the self-checkout. I'm lying, I'd sit their and finger bang the bags to make sure I didn't get a loser like Stratos or Zodac. Still, very cool.

Too bad the only real obstacle beyond Douchtel's ownership of the license is the stupendous amount of unique, and most likely unusable elsewhere, parts.

Last edited:

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
I'm really thinking about picking up some vintage stuff, maybe get the missing pieces for my Castle I've lost over the years

Last edited:

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Yeah ended in March.

Upcoming figs are:

Calix in July
Evil Seed
King Chooblah
Ceratus
Queen Grayskull
Prahvus
and the club exclusive heads of eternia pack that have alternate 200X heads of Grizzlor, Buzz off, sy-klone, Roboto and last Snout Spout

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Went and looked them up...WOW! Very nice! So nice that I think they'd look kinda out of place with MOTUC.

I thought so to but saw some pics with others in the line and they hold up pretty good. Especially with the older 200x like Marzo, I think they all carry that 200x toon look well

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
I'll be updating my BST with these but wanted to throw them out there to see if anyone was interested.

King Hiss v2 (from the double pack) complete $35 shipped USPS Priority mail

Fodder pieces

Snakearmor He-man... not complete. Does not have head or sword... $25 shipped USPS Priority mail

Battle Lion... not complete, no armor $25 shipped

Last edited:

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
hmm, did not know this. These aren't made by Mattel. This Super 7 is authorized to use the Matty molds.. so I wonder what the paint quality will be

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

"It is a dream come true for us to be involved so intimately with the Masters of the Universe franchise," said Brian Flynn of Super7. "We have jumped head first into the MOTU world, with retro 3.75" figures, M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, the new animation and several other secret projects which we will be revealing soon. I think MOTU fans are going to have everything they could possibly dream of —and more!"

Um, what? What is this?!

btw Eddie, looks liked you can buy them here

Super7

So fantastic! Great find! Thanks for linking that! Anytime I can avoid BBTScalpers the better.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Um, what? What is this?!

So fantastic! Great find! Thanks for linking that! Anytime I can avoid BBTScalpers the better.

I wasn't sure if you had seen that about a new animation so I had to share, especially the bit about it being done in Filmation style and yeah.. BBTS is always one of the last places I try to go unless there isn't another option

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
I hadn't heard. So cool! Wonder if it'll be a Netflix thing.

its already out!

"This week (July 20, 2016), the two companies will release an all new Masters of the Universe animated short - The Curse of the Three Terrors. This is the first time since 1985 that new MOTU footage has been created in the classic Filmation style. The film follows the original characters on an all new adventure in Eternia® and features voice actor Alan Oppenheimer, reprising his signature role as Skeletor®."

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeNk6rkQreI[/ame]

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Skeletor sounds like he hasn't aged well. The animation is retro but even then, still lacking. But kinda cool seeing as they acknowledge the fan base and did something like this

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ohhhh. I misunderstood. I thought it was going to be a new series. :(

That Super 7 listing...it doesn't say when their figs will be available. Do they have them now or is it a preorder that will be filled some time around the same time as BBTScalpers gets theirs?

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Ohhhh. I misunderstood. I thought it was going to be a new series. :(

That Super 7 listing...it doesn't say when their figs will be available. Do they have them now or is it a preorder that will be filled some time around the same time as BBTScalpers gets theirs?

I thought it was going to be a new series as well.. who knows

as for the figures from super 7.. no clue. There should be more info there really. I wonder if they have a facebook page or twitter account, might have more info there.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What's the deal with these? They licensing the molds from Mattel and taking over the Classics line? Are these going to be in stores or should I just continue on not giving a fuck?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I actually don't know the specifics of the arrangement. I do know that they won't be in stores, BUT, the online system is way better. They take pre-orders before production so they know exactly how many to make. There's no race to try and get in on them before the scalpers. You just put your name on the list during the pre-order window and wait. Not certain if there'll be subscription figures yet. I'm hoping not because, like most others, I don't want to, nor will I, buy turds to get the ones I do want.

The best part is that they are releasing figures that are now in the hundreds of dollars on ebay. Filling holes in collections of the people (like me) who were like :talktothehand: to scalpers.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I ordered the "ultimate" He-Man, Skeletor, and Teela even though I have the MOTUC original releases. I didn't know if that pre-order, make-to-order model was going to be the MO going forward or if it was just for those old-school cardback initial figures to get people on-board with Super-7.

While I like that they're continuing the line, I really have zero interest in the super-toony Filmation simple-colored rehashes. I might be down for a few more vehicles or playsets, but for the most part, I have everything I want from an MOTU standpoint. I was never a completist, mostly just interested in the main characters from the first 2-3 years of the property.

I've literally never heard of any characters Mattel put out for the last few years, so I'm not sure what S7 will do that's new and exciting after Mattel so thoroughly scraped the bottom of the barrel.