MU update

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd believe that the Monoply Guy went out on Friday night and ate clam. There's no way Mindbender is anything but a sausage eater.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
On top of Spiral, I'd like to see a MLF set...mostly just Stryfe though.

The line needs more villain really....and more than a Magneto repaint, or a Juggernaut with a new head.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Venom is a character they just don't have a f@#$% clue what to do with. He was cool in 1988, i.e. the ASM McFarlane era. Then the 90's overexposed him to the point that no one cared if he was published in a comic ever again. Then they tried to make him a disturbed hero. Then they gave him cancer and put Scorpion in the suit. Then they made him a Dark Avenger. Then they put him in Thunderbolts. Then they put Flash Thompson in the suit, and again tried to make him a hero. The bad ideas just keep coming.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Venom is a character they just don't have a f@#$% clue what to do with. He was cool in 1988, i.e. the ASM McFarlane era. Then the 90's overexposed him to the point that no one cared if he was published in a comic ever again. Then they tried to make him a disturbed hero. Then they gave him cancer and put Scorpion in the suit. Then they made him a Dark Avenger. Then they put him in Thunderbolts. Then they put Flash Thompson in the suit, and again tried to make him a hero. The bad ideas just keep coming.

I enjoy Venom as a monsterous baddie for Spiderman. He's a big ole mean mother fucker. I also do like having Flash Thompson as Venom, I really enjoy the character of Agent Venom.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
He WAS a great baddie for Spider-Man, but he quickly became a one-trick-pony. He could beat spidey at absolutely everything, then some sonic trick, doodad, or gadget would save the day. It was fun the first few times. Then it just became repetitive.

I just don't care for Flash as a hero either. I think about the jocks and bullies I knew in school, and I wouldn't slow down if I saw them crossing the street, so I have a hard time rooting for Flash as a protagonist.

The concept of wearing the suit as a weapon was intriguing at first, back when he could only put on the suit 20 times before becoming perma-bonded. It made it seem finite, like every mission mattered because they were very limited. But then they quickly brushed that aside. I just gave up.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

At least they didn't make him into Frankenstein.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I really don't give a shit about what happened in the comics. Venom is still a cool looking character, and as a toy figure... I can imagine him however I want. My toys don't follow any specific bio or whatever.
Kinda like Retaliation RB being a Ninja, in the bio. Once opened, that bio shit goes in the trash along with the rest of the package. Funny how some people act like that crap is written in stone or something.

Anyway, I just want a good Venom figure for my shelf - period.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I really don't give a shit about what happened in the comics. Venom is still a cool looking character, and as a toy figure... I can imagine him however I want. My toys don't follow any specific bio or whatever.
Kinda like Retaliation RB being a Ninja, in the bio. Once opened, that bio shit goes in the trash along with the rest of the package. Funny how some people act like that crap is written in stone or something.

Anyway, I just want a good Venom figure for my shelf - period.

If this site had a gay "like" button, I'd like the shit out of this. I understand why some pros do it. But I don't. Venom is a bad son of a bitch. Just like Storm Shadow is a Cobra assassin and CC's bodyguard. Dusty will never be seen performing "refrigerator repairs" in my photos.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That venom linked above is quite nice...he just needs some added articulation...wrists, knees, feet...and waist, which I have no idea how to do...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Totally appropriate place man...maybe I'm wrong, but in instances like this/that, I just assume its not directed at me, but more generalized....

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
^^^ Pretty much.

My comments were directed to the general toy collectors, who like I pointed out in my reference, can't get past Ret RB being a Ninja because the card says so.

I know most people love to jump on my back every time I write something, but damn. From now on, if I don't quote anyone specifically, or mention names - don't automatically assume I'm attacking you.

oddball

Enlisted
Mar 14, 2011
im cool .......until people start mixing star wars with ww2 and halo.........It makes for sleepless nights just the thought of it!!!!!!!!

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Just got word my five Prof X figures have shipped from Dorkside Toys.

Can't wait! Archer custom is first up.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just got word my five Prof X figures have shipped from Dorkside Toys.

Can't wait! Archer custom is first up.

OOOOooo..I wonder if mine have?!...

What head are you using for Archer?...that's a brilliant custom idea

EDIT: they did!...suhhhh-WEET!

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, considering I'll likely never see these in stores....

Exactly why I finally caved...I wanted him bad enough...

Now, if I am somehow lucky enough to ever stumble across him in store, I'll pick up all I can and sell him...though anyone who wants him will have to be willing to pay the $14 I had to :D

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
The new Retaliation Flint might be a good head...def not renegades duke

It's not that bad - but I am leaning towards Falcon for the parted hair.

Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
What about O-face Duke for the screaming Lana variant?

Or footloose for the Burt Reynolds custom?!?

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Such a great episode.

Dorkside raised the price on the Prof X figs to 17.99. Gee didn't see that demand coming.