NECA Discussion

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Ahh, I'll probably get the 2 packs also. I love Hudson's expression, but it's kinda one sided in photos. I wish NECA would make another more basic head for it.

Also confirmed ED will be available at the local comic store. Question is, will I take a bite?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I kinda want an ED 209 figure. How much is it and how big is it?

(THAT's gonna end up in the Eddie thread, I know it)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I kinda want an ED 209 figure. How much is it and how big is it?

(THAT's gonna end up in the Eddie thread, I know it)

Solicitation sheet:

Says 10". I imagine it'll be 70 bucks with all those features. Might be a good investment to flip in 6-12 months.

You could also cut off the skull cap and turn it into a 1:18 mech.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I'm a slave to NECA's Predator line... I buy all of them. There's about 6 or 8 that are not on this shelf that I need to find somewhere to put. I'm on the fence about the ALIEN line they just started up again, I want them but I'm not sure if I want to buy them and find somewhere to put them...

Attachments

• DSC08737.jpg
    DSC08737.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 6

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I want to sling load one from a Bbi Blackhawk.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anything that could reasonably be believed sling-able by one. :D Stripped Tomahawk, anyone?

Of course, I'd need a 60, first. I'm bummed to hear there's nothing on the bottom there to hook on to.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I can see Barry Pepper in the Hicks sculpt. Michael Biehn can be rough to get right in toy form. We need his ass in 1:18.

And that "new version with helmet" is the same bullshit McF used to pull. :talktothehand:

Yeah, I remember, but at least NECA's don't look like ass.

NECA is doing everything McF should have done, and doing it better.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Picked up the Pacific Rim figures today. They looked better in the packaging :/

The coolest one - Knifehead - is the lamest one, he barely has any articulation.

Saw Hicks and Hudson but passed - too goofy looking IMO. The faces were super derpy looking.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, the eyes are a problem, not sure what it is...maybe the iris/pupils are too small?

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Striker is a nice piece. I just wish his arms had a little stronger of a joint.

Gipsy with the swords is great but, It's still the same old Gipsy mold.

Tapper

suck it up cupcake!!!!
May 19, 2012
Apparently NECA IS planning to do 1:18 Lone Ranger figures.

Really no info other than "We haven't made public the particulars", but parts of a 1:18 Tonto Depp could make for a vicious Cobra Injun. Someone to really fuck up Spirit's day.

O'HELL YAH!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yes it was. When I saw what he was going through, I really wanted to pick one up since I am a big Aliens/Colonial Marine fan. Doubly so when I read that he passed away.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So, who's gonna buy her, Joe-ify the power loader and send Ripley's head off for shrinking and casting? ;)

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Any of you guys picking up the Pacific Rim figures? I really dig them. They are sooo close to being a perfect ten in my book but there is always some little thing that keeps it from top score. Crappy articulation point, or missed articualtion point that would have helped, weak joints....always something

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
So, who's gonna buy her, Joe-ify the power loader and send Ripley's head off for shrinking and casting? ;)

I sent off a 1/6th Ripley to Glassman to have shrunk down to 1:18th...the result was :confused:

I've got the powerloader statue from the deluxe Aliens: Colonial Marines computer game, but it's going to take a lot of work to make that poseable.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I guess this one doesn't matter, seeing as Hiya intends to do a 1:18 Power Loader.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I wonder if I should wait and see how theirs turns out?

Bah, who am I kidding. The Earth will be sucked into the sun by the time I get around to modding it!

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think the NECA one's larger stature might make for a better vehicle.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Picked up a Hudson vs. Xenomorph pack a few days ago. I hope NECA doesn't continue this double dipping. It looks fine and all until someone on another forum pointed out his helmet is painted with the armors pattern when it should be painted with the BDU pattern since it has a cloth cover. I'm not sure how to fix this as I don't want to have to repaint it and have to do the small graffiti by hand.

JokersWarPig

The Unwashed
Mar 4, 2014
Picked up a Hudson vs. Xenomorph pack a few days ago. I hope NECA doesn't continue this double dipping. It looks fine and all until someone on another forum pointed out his helmet is painted with the armors pattern when it should be painted with the BDU pattern since it has a cloth cover. I'm not sure how to fix this as I don't want to have to repaint it and have to do the small graffiti by hand.

That'd be the only way to fix it I'm afraid and I'm dreading doing it myself. I don't know why they messed up the color, they have the cloth texture on it. I have a squad of NECA's USCM figures I've been working on since series one and I've repainted a few things in the BDU pattern but I know the graffiti would be a pain.