New 25th Classic ARAH 7-Pack Guesses?

Who will be in the New 25th ARAH 7-Packs?

• Total voters

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
The only one I dislike is the Zanzibar.

Might have to pick up 2 sets, all for custom fodder though. I'm committed to the cause.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
So one pack is new figures and the other is a bunch of Chauncy's that Sgt. Slaughter recruited? That Marauder pack was flat out stupid. They could have done something better. At least the Dreadnok pack will get some people happy but that other pack is kind of weak. I guess they had to in order to get Mercer and those other tools in there. I'm sure people will clamor over this but it's really pretty weak on the Joe side.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I am glad I quit being a completionist. :D I could use some of the headsculpts for customs, but that is about it...

Thanks fighting 118th for changing my preferences and saving me cash...on this...I am sure I will spend it elsewhere...like ourwar figures or some huge blackhawk I have no where to display. :D

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Dreds look cool, Don't give a shit bout them but, they look cool and SM looks like hasbro just had nut-less monkeys making them.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I am glad I quit being a completionist. :D I could use some of the headsculpts for customs, but that is about it...

Thanks fighting 118th for changing my preferences and saving me cash...on this...I am sure I will spend it elsewhere...like ourwar figures or some huge blackhawk I have no where to display. :D

Yea, when you drift away from constant acceptance by the masses you realize what you put into this hobby and it's nice to see the wallet get fatter. Hell, I've even sold off most of my carded stuff. May get rid of the SNAKE army next which has a funskool SNAKE in there.

Thing is here, most people seem to like to use the figures instead of just display them. You can tell by the awesome dioramas that get put up and the "one shot" thread. It's just a different appreciation. A bit of a cheaper one. :p

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm usually pretty optimistic and appreciative about shit like this, but as happy as I am to be getting more 25th/30th style/ARAH-classic figures, these are kind of half-awful.

Zandar's decent, actually, but that giant fucking scarf is awful. Why on earth they don't use the one from that Arctic Storm Shadow that actually looks halfway decent instead of the top of a shirt that somehow still stayed around his neck...

The only one that I was really impressed by (and actually wanting) was Roadpig. He's dope. The 3 Renegades are pretty decent, but they're not Joes I ever wanted made.

Gnawgahyde is alright, and Zanzibar is okay, but I wanted neither of them, either.

I don't give a fuck about any of the Marauders except Falcon, and only because he has a new head sculpt. I like the idea, but besides the head, the figure's awful. Those parts are awk-ward together!

And what in the hell is wrong with Thrasher? He looks fucking awful. Cloud Strife should just mail them his to copy, or drive to Pawtucket and slap some fucking sense into them.

And I agree with anyone else who bitches and will bitch about not getting a proper Monkeywrench. Zanya, okay, maybe... She's related to Zartan and is a cheap reuse of the Zarana mold. I'll give them that out of sheer laziness/recouping mold cost... But who the hell is that other dude? Blotout? Blackoff? Monkeywrench was a bad Frankenslop and this new character gets a new head sculpt? The hell?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
And with this odd lineup, here's what I'm betting on:

JoeCon Exclusives this year will be Footloose and Mutt from Marauders, with maybe Slaughter, and we'll get a few more of the Tiger Force guys that were never made in 25th. Roadblock will be a definite and reuse the Resolute sculpt (used here), not the 25th. We may see Bazooka, Recondo, Dusty (both Bazooka's and Dusty/Recondo's torsos were used here, again) or Lifeline as they're all likely to be reused molds.

For Cobra, I'll have a better guess based off what we get (or don't get) with the GIJCC subscription, but I have a strong feeling that we'll be getting those Joes mentioned above. Footloose is a no-brainer repaint since he's the "free" figure. Note: I don't want any of them, and will be glad to not have to get them.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
What do you mean by a proper Monkeywrench? One that has a coat hanger instead of a trident gun as a weapon? :D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
One that's not a Outback head slapped on a Gung Ho body and painted in moderately similar colors to the vintage one.

Monkeywrench was one of the coolest Dreadnoks! Come on! I liked him better than the original 3. I would trade Zanzibar, Zanya, Burnout and Gnawgahyde for a half-assed Monkeywrench.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I know what you mean. I was just being a douche. You don't like Monkeynorris? You people are never happy!!! :D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Normally I'll give them props. But with as many people out there making better customs than this, they should be ashamed with the resources at their disposal.

I mean it's better than nothing, I guess. Each set is maybe 40% alright. But I would've much rather gotten an Iceberg and Frostbite, or any of the other Sunbow/ARAH guys that are pretty cool that we're missing that folks have been asking for for years now. Neither of those guys requires more than a new head and webgear, and they could pull off halfway decent versions of them. And they're not goofy characters in bright colors like the Renegades, which I feel like are 4th or 5th tier characters.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Gah that gigantic poncho-scarf on Zandar drives me nuts! He needs a belt (webgear) added on top of that silly yellow sash (which should be painted to match the pants... guess I'll have to fix that) but I really like that head. We called that months ago when we saw it.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Yea, when you drift away from constant acceptance by the masses you realize what you put into this hobby and it's nice to see the wallet get fatter. Hell, I've even sold off most of my carded stuff. May get rid of the SNAKE army next which has a funskool SNAKE in there.

Thing is here, most people seem to like to use the figures instead of just display them. You can tell by the awesome dioramas that get put up and the "one shot" thread. It's just a different appreciation. A bit of a cheaper one. :p

I just appreciate the figures more and buy ones I like not just because it is exists. I am gonna start selling off a lot of stuff as I only want to keep certain ones...Like the O13 that reminds me of my childhood and figures with parts to help me make a modern O13 like Cloud Strife did...and start building dios like Rick and so many others here...maybe the 'Nok 7 pack will make the rest of my 'Noks more in demand and I can sell them off easier. Never was a fan of the grape soda drinking bikers...but some of the 7 pack head sculpts I could use for Military Contractors or general thugs on the street. :)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

If you've got a ceiling you've got space.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I've actually wanted Slaughter's Renegades, but that's probably b/c the Cobra-la and Renegades 3-packs are the first Joes I remember getting. I got them for Christmas when I was about 4 or 5. So, there's a lot of nostalgia for me when it comes to the Renegades and Cobra-la (I know most people hate Cobra-la). I'm going to have to fix Hasbro's latest versions of the Renegades though.

Taurus - needs a simple leg swap for the Shadow Tracker legs (why did they give them to Red Dog??), and after a little paint, should be pretty dang close to the ARAH version. I really like the gun holster and pauldrons they made for him.
Red Dog - is alright, but I'm going to have to get rid of the beard and give him a harness like the original, and maybe change the legs out, or at least repaint them. At least I don't have to worry about making his necklace and headband now.
Mercer - ... Well, he needs a lot of work. I can't stand the Alley Viper vest. I'll probably end up using a completely different torso, arms and legs for him.

I never cared for the cheap repaints that are Slaughter's Marauders and I still don't. I couldn't agree with Mandingo more on the parts used for Falcon just look ridiculous, but I'm glad he has a new head-sculpt and scarf.

The Dreadnoks... I'm definitely glad I made my own custom 'Noks after seeing Hasbro's. Why, oh why did they use those awful POC Duke legs on Gnawgahyde and Thrasher? Road Pig and Zandar are the best out of the bunch, but I'm still not crazy about them. Gnawgahyde - I'll definitely be taking necklace and using it on my custom version. His vest makes me think of Kraven, from the Spider-Man comics.

Road Pig - as I've stated previously, they went with the obvious choice of the Night Adder base for him. He doesn't look awful, but I just wish that they would have made new legs for him. I hate the Night Adder legs, especially the knee pads. I hope to see a better picture of him today that shows his head-sculpt from the front, and is a clear image. I actually hope to see a lot of the figures head-on today, so that we can see the head-sculpts better.
Zandar - is pretty close, but like Rex stated, the sash and blanket of a scarf look terrible. His head-sculpt and holster look awesome though.
Zanzibar - ... He looks nothing like the original, except for the eye-patch. Some might like the new look more, but I'm not crazy about it. They did give him more of a swashbuckler appearance though, and proper weapons for a pirate.
Thrasher - Not crazy about him. I'm glad they at least made a new torso for him, but they left out a lot of the details. I can't make a judgement call on the head-sculpt yet, as I've not seen a picture of it that's head-on. I like his updated weapon though!
Burn Out - I could care less for him, but at least we get a new head sculpt.
Zanya - Another one that I could care less for. She looks decent though.

Like Mandingo, I wish they would have given us a proper Monkeywrench. A new head-sculpt, vest and bandolier would've been extremely appreciated. But no, we get Burn Out and Zanya. I guess Hasbro is just looking at it from the perspective that they've given us modern versions of the 80's 'Noks and then a couple of extras.

The main thing I have to commend them on is that they gave all of the figures, that have yet to see a modern redux, new head-sculpts and even gave Falcon a better head-sculpt, which pretty much everyone has wanted.

All that to say, I'll be getting both 7-packs. :p

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
It appears that I may be the only one that doesn't care for the Zandar figure. The ARAH version remains a favorite of mine, mostly for nostalgic reasons. But I'm not crazy about this new look, including the head sculpt. Maybe it's my own bias in that I was hoping more for a PoC update as opposed to a 25th retooling...

As it stands, I'm probably going to pick up a Dreadnok pack, and pass on the SM.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
If Slayer hadn't already made an ARAH accurate head-sculpt, I would definitely be wanting one from Hasbro. I think it's an overall cool looking sculpt though. I like that they made him a new holster, instead of giving him the Gen. Hawk or POC Destro gun holsters. I do wish they would have given him a torso that was closer to the original and a smaller scarf.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
You and 12 people on HT.

God, those things are almost as bad as Star Brigade.

HAH!...awesooooome...

I should have gone with my gut when I typed that though. I had a feeling it might be taken out of context and make me look like an ignorant and inconsiderate prick.

it's okay, i do it allll the time...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
oh, on topic, like 80% of these look like a$$...i think i'm gonna ebay the couple i do want...and if they are too $$$$, f*@# it, i wont be missing too much

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Wow. These are the biggest passes for me since the Resolute packs. Sorry, but in my opinion they are full of lesser figures poorly executed. How did these pop up so suddenly? I caught zero buzz about them before yesterday. Makes me wonder what else is lurking under the radar (hopefully some stuff actually worth buying)...

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
As much as I actually welcome Thrasher and Mercer, they look old and crusty.

What's up with that kind of style, as compared to a younger and more brash look?

1LT Falcon actually looks worse than his 25th release.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This is what happens when you're dealing with a collector base that can't let the '80s go.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sorry, we can't do October Guard because we'd rather do lame shit.

With the way these turned out I'd rather just do my own OG.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I would kill for Oktober Guard releases, but I'm pretty sure we won't get those until all of the nostalgia people are satisfied.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I will not believe that there was more demand for half-assed Slaughter's Marauders/Renegades releases than there was for The Guard.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I believe in his wife.

If Joe fans would rather have those pieces of junk over the Reds then they all deserve to die smothered by greased sows.

And when they arrive in hell were they're raped in the ass by donkeys I hope they have to watch a special edition of The Rise of Cobra where all the roles are played by a Wayans family member.