new BBI MH-60

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Speaking of beating around the bush, our weather reporter made a report last weekend that reminded me of something Hasbro would say.

They said Saturday would be "high in the low in the mid upper 90s" that's their exact prediction for the day. we didn't know what the fuck they were talking about, except it would be in the 90's.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Covering the bases!

We wish you fags getting all the rain would send it out direction.

It's looking like we'll have a La Nina Winter, so more dryness on the level of Hillary when she thinks of Bill.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
better than this ugly sh!t

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yes, but we're well into the worst drought since the '30s (yes, we've surpassed the fucking DUST BOWL!) and have had like 11" of rain for the entire year.

Wow, you can get a NO TAil Rotor helicopters there? ;)

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Yes, but we're well into the worst drought since the '30s (yes, we've surpassed the fucking DUST BOWL!) and have had like 11" of rain for the entire year.

Wow, you can get a NO TAil Rotor helicopters there? ;)

Phoenix is needing some rain too, holy hell. Not as bad as you Texans though.

Back on track, if this Blackhawk does come out for a fairly reasonable price, I'll probably be pawning off the pilot and SEAL too.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Back on track, if this Blackhawk does come out for a fairly reasonable price, I'll probably be pawning off the pilot and SEAL too.

thats the kicker right there...seems these companies have been watching what there older stuff is going for on ebay and want to capitalize on that with some unfounded price hikes

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
thats the kicker right there...seems these companies have been watching what there older stuff is going for on ebay and want to capitalize on that with some unfounded price hikes

True. I'd pay $100 to $130 at the highest, but I'm not going to bet on it being that reasonable.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
you guys must want this stuff way more than i do...$100 plus for a mass produced plastic helicopter that once (not that long ago) cost less than $50 is just robbery...no way inflation and oil has effected the prices that much...thats just taking advantage...

and all thats gonna do in the long run, IMO, is hurt the 1:18th market more...overpricing stuff leads to it rotting away and gives the toy comps even more reason not to try it again...granted, that would be their own fault

dragon53

The Unwashed
Aug 12, 2011
Don't forget the cost for the optional co-pilot and SEAL figures....a fully-equipped MH-60 isn't going to be cheap.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
you guys must want this stuff way more than i do...$100 plus for a mass produced plastic helicopter that once (not that long ago) cost less than $50 is just robbery...no way inflation and oil has effected the prices that much...thats just taking advantage...

and all thats gonna do in the long run, IMO, is hurt the 1:18th market more...overpricing stuff leads to it rotting away and gives the toy comps even more reason not to try it again...granted, that would be their own fault

Look up economies of scale bud!

You think Ford wouldn't jack up their prices if they only sold their cars online and didn't ship so many to all the dealerships around the country?

If BBI was making 20k units in the past to send to Target etc, then it'd probably a lot cheaper than making 2-5k units and only selling through specialty retailers.

And oil has gone up some, labor has gone up in China, though I'd be curious to see how much it really adds to the overall price.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I don't need Bbi's garbage figures.

I am having a vision of you on Christmas morning.

You open up your presents, and what do you have???

Lots of GI Joe vehicles and BBI action figures to go with them!!!

Meanwhile, Eddie gets lots of BBI vehicles and 30th Anniversary style figures!!

:D

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA

This is my sentiment in a nutshell. I want to keep collecting 1:18 scale vehicles and aircraft, but I can't feasibly do so at those prices. PTE is a poor substitute, but it's better that than nothing.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I am having a vision of you on Christmas morning.

You open up your presents, and what do you have???

Lots of GI Joe vehicles and BBI action figures to go with them!!!

Meanwhile, Eddie gets lots of BBI vehicles and 30th Anniversary style figures!!

:D

I hate you.

The paints on my last Bbi pilot were fucking horrible, and really out of character for Bbi.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Badcattoys:
"Word is trickling out of China about the existence of a 1:18 Nighthawk helicopter based on BBI's older blackhawk tooling. Bad Cat has learned that this aircraft is about to enter production and will be produced with highly modified tooling. The helicopter will come with two action figures. No price as of today but we expect to get pricing early next week. Once we have pricing, we'll open up this piece for Preorder. Expected delivery is December 2011."

http://www.talesofthecat.com/

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I know that's right.

If I get one I'm slapping a M2 in one of the doors, accuracy be damned.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe he meant the MH-60 Knighthawk. :confused:

It's not marked up like a Navy bird.

It's an Army MH-60, they probably just assumed (incorrectly) it's called Nighthawk because it's supposedly a SOAR bird, to go with the MH-6.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
It's not marked up like a Navy bird.

It's an Army MH-60, they probably just assumed (incorrectly) it's called Nighthawk because it's supposedly a SOAR bird, to go with the MH-6.

Yeah, the box pictured in the ad definitely reads MH-60 Night Raid Black Hawk. I now see where they made the mistake.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Also.. I wonder if BBI is going to release a new figure set sometime soon? Seems silly to have the chopper with only two figures and no option to buy more.

The jets, I can see coming with only a pilot.. you generally don't need more.. but helo's are begging for passengers.

dragon53

The Unwashed
Aug 12, 2011
NSA:

I mentioned earlier that extra pilot and SEAL figures are optional. A fully-equipped MH-60 isn't going to be cheap.

A collector sold me a used BBI UH-60 with extra figures and the box for $30.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Optional doesn't mean 'being produced' as BBI stopped making new figures it seems a year or two ago (That last Elite Force wave is still on ebay a lot).

I think they should make a DELTA Force or Ranger figure wave to go along with this, a retooled HMMWV and maybe a re-release of the Little Bird.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, while you pine over more Bbi figures I'm loading it with Joes. I guarantee they'll fit better anyway.

And you can always re-accessorize Unimax and Teika figures.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You should be equipping them with something like Marauder SCARs anyhow.

It's sad that Dragon never got in on the modern 1:18 game, aside from specific stahlhelms were 21st did it better Dragon's accessories kicked EVERYONE'S ass.

And Bbi never did a case of MRE's ;) We won't bring up Unimax's awesome jerrycans.

My Bbi M14s have some pretty damn spotty paint aps too, brother.

dragon53

The Unwashed
Aug 12, 2011
NSA:

To clarify, the source who supplied the photos of the BBI MH-60 also said, "There will be individual 160th pilot and Navy Seal figure up for sale at the same time."