new BBI MH-60

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Apparently Badcat's supposed to have more news of this sometime this week, and from what I understand it's slated for a December release.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, that's what Bad Cat is saying, December.

Those of you with female significant others would do well to tell them not to be a cunt and to make with the giving of the MH-60 for Jesus Day.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's right, buy another implement she can use against you.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I'd think that too, but I've met her. She can't rack the slide on the 1911 or cycle the action of the .30 carbine. I've seen her try. Nor would she know to do this in the first place. Or where the safety is on either weapon. Nor is she interested in learning any of what are, in my opinion, important things.

I'm not worried.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, I never said a fucking thing about shooting you. You have to sleep, and she's obviously advanced enough to use rudimentary bludgeoning devices....;)

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Two words.. cast iron. A frying pan is lethal when your sleeping regardless of the calibur under your pillow. At least thats what the Mrs's tells me..

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Well, I never said a fucking thing about shooting you. You have to sleep, and she's obviously advanced enough to use rudimentary bludgeoning devices....;)

Two words.. cast iron. A frying pan is lethal when your sleeping regardless of the calibur under your pillow. At least thats what the Mrs's tells me..

Again, assuming she can lift the frying pan. Or whatever heavy object.

Why is my wife attempting to shoot me/bludgeon me to death again?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Women make up reasons at the twitch of an eye lid.

Anyhoo, it's time for people to nut up or shut up about the state of 1:18. May be your last chance at rotary wing glory. I don't care if you have to leave those half-dozen Skystrikers on the shelf or give up a week of Big Macs.

What's the word, oh,yeah

Wait for it...

waaaiiiiiiit for it....

This shit, it is CRUCIAL!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
All three items are of varying uselessness.

I'd start with the cat and the Corsair.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Your child-like loyalty to the Corps is admirable, but we're talking about a MH-60.

I am on an asshole role today. Must be the boredom of Sunday and all the 9/11 coverage.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe if All-Go announced a Yankee Huey maybe they'd get some action.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I agree with Ktig here, regardless if you like it, have room for it, or if this will get you the couch for a week, this is BBi's "put your money where your mouth is" moment.

we've been bitching for months on end, and we finally gonna get a chance at something relatively new and I see many "gonna pass" comments.

If there's one company out there that would actually listen and make the things that the collecting community wants is this one. If the one thing that they release that has been doing well on the aftermarket is re-released but tweaked in a good way bombs, then we can probably kiss HiNDS and whatever else goodbye.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't like that either, but I feel that if I have enough interest in a product and can afford to do so I'll get it and support the company. May not get another chance, yanowutImean? I usually bristle at being lectured to buy something for the sake of vain hopes of further new, actually interesting product.

Buying a shitty-ass Volt is not gonna get me a a new production steel body TriFive with an LS3 under the hood from Chevrolet is a pretty fair analogy.

I'm not doing it because they might give us a Hind (I've come to believe this was never really feasible, even when times were good) or insert-your-vehicle-of-choice, but because I want this thing (or at least hope I can trade it towards a plain-ass UH-60 one day) and what else am I gonna do, buy Hasbro vehicles?

Last edited:

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Hrrrmm, get your point, but I still don't like it.

I'm just not a huge fan of Blackhawks, I guess. Depending on how the UH-1 comes in, and how well I can get it "presentable" will determine if I really want another helo I guess.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
while I agree, but this isn't Hasbro we are talking about. BBi will more than likely invest in new molds if they can see a return on old molds, with newer tooling.

Even Hasbro, did go back on their word and make a new sky striker after saying they wouldn't even though the molds were destroyed.

so have a little faith midget, have a little faith.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Positive waves man, positive waves…. Ok, the Oddball pic pacified me.

Speaking of which, I need to start my Kelly's Heroes customs.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Look up economies of scale bud!

You think Ford wouldn't jack up their prices if they only sold their cars online and didn't ship so many to all the dealerships around the country?

If BBI was making 20k units in the past to send to Target etc, then it'd probably a lot cheaper than making 2-5k units and only selling through specialty retailers.

And oil has gone up some, labor has gone up in China, though I'd be curious to see how much it really adds to the overall price.

i hear what yer saying, but you have to remember one thing...they didn't have to make a mold...yeah maybe they needed to revise the gunner door area, but aside from that, its 100% repaint, not to mention leaving the other costly parts off like the stubs and tanks...

if its under $100 (not $99.99) i'll be on board, but above that, they're just pointing a gun at us...

i'll support them, but i will not support them if they take a scalper mentality...f*@# that

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
i hear what yer saying, but you have to remember one thing...they didn't have to make a mold...yeah maybe they needed to revise the gunner door area, but aside from that, its 100% repaint, not to mention leaving the other costly parts off like the stubs and tanks...

if its under $100 (not $99.99) i'll be on board, but above that, they're just pointing a gun at us...

i'll support them, but i will not support them if they take a scalper mentality...f*@# that

what we DON'T know is if the 1:18 division/factory of theirs is/was still running. or how it operates. what if they have to call back people to run the machines? What if this area was idle all this time which is why nothing new came out for a bit?

Also could be why they had a limit of how many items they would make before touching something, i.e. Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, etc.

These could be the cost factors.

So many things people forget to look at, even with "repaints"

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

*checks MH-60 pic*
They've also made a new nose plate, that FLIR probably has two movement points, plus M134s and mounts and the corresponding fuselage mods for those. I'm hoping they aren't stiffing is on the ejection tubes.

It looks like they've ditched a row of seats, so the plastic used there is technically traded for the new parts. I wonder if they've had the 134s tooled up all the time, or if they've actually done it for this project. Never forget that the MD 500 came with provisions on the mounting plank for minis.

I can't give them a handy or tell them to go fuck themselves with barrel cactus until I see their MSRP.

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Got this email:

URGENT

Blue Box Toys has officially announced they have begun production on the MH-60 Blackhawk Helicopter. This latest release is based on their original BH tooling which has undergone numerous modifications. The helicopter replicates the 160th Nightstalker insertion aircraft used by the NAVY SEALS. Bristling with miniguns and two SEAL action figures, this is one badass machine.

Pricing will be the same as the F-16C released in July and this piece of modern history can be yours for the Preorder price of $169.99 which includes shipping to your door for USA residents. Delivery is expected in December.

Thanks for reading and Blue Skies

'Cat

I paid over $30 each for my Blackhawk and Apache, and $70 for my F-16 from Target. I don't think I can handle $170 for one even shipped :(

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, I'm officially ready to say 170 is too much. Rather take my chances on eBay for a regular one *shrugs*

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Given that it's a retooling and not entirely new, I don't think that the price should be that high. How much does the shipping cover? I know BadCat overcharges ($6 to ship 2 F-16 pitots in a plain non bubble $0.44 envelope >:l ), so maybe it costs less. I won't deal with them so hopefully it will be cheaper elsewhere.