new BBI MH-60

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Not brutal but more than I wanted to pay. I'll get one though, it's too bad ass to pass up on. I will have to get a refueling probe for it though(does pickels kit have one?)

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Found this too posted on their blog:

Word is trickling out of China about the existence of a 1:18 Nighthawk helicopter based on a highly modified and modernized version of BBI's older Blackhawk tooling. Bad Cat has learned that this aircraft is about to enter production. The helicopter will come with two action figures. Retail for this new edition is $179.99, while our price is $169.99 and includes free USA shipping. Expected delivery is December 2011. Preorders are OPEN.

They cut $10 off retail and included shipping! Sweetness.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
i wonder if this is MSRP and not badcat's jack up pricing.

still waiting to here official word.

if it is the price. fuck that. sorry, but that's a nail in the coffin.

Yeah, I'm waiting to hear an official release. Great way to start getting preorders.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
if they think $180 for this is a good deal

I'm sorry, but just because a few schmucks on ebay are willing to pay it, doesn't mean the majority of the collecting world will.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
My birthday is very close to Christmas, so I'd better start dropping hints to the wife.
I seriously hope that it goes for much less than $180. Posting a large box to Aus would be a killer.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Especially if she sets eyes on it before you can get to it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
She's the price on thing thing and guns will be sold in corner stores down there before you get back in the marriage bed.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
So they took the $100 ebay price, added the $80 for the pickel kit and decided to roll with it? Sorry guys, but the pickel kit is better since the side windows are clear, the stubs are not covering half the windows and the navigation lights are included.

What a joke.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Got this email:

URGENT

Blue Box Toys has officially announced they have begun production on the MH-60 Blackhawk Helicopter. This latest release is based on their original BH tooling which has undergone numerous modifications. The helicopter replicates the 160th Nightstalker insertion aircraft used by the NAVY SEALS. Bristling with miniguns and two SEAL action figures, this is one badass machine.

Pricing will be the same as the F-16C released in July and this piece of modern history can be yours for the Preorder price of $169.99 which includes shipping to your door for USA residents. Delivery is expected in December.

Thanks for reading and Blue Skies

'Cat

I paid over $30 each for my Blackhawk and Apache, and $70 for my F-16 from Target. I don't think I can handle $170 for one even shipped :(

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!...

oh boy...that was good...good luck with that Bbi...

THIS ^ is why the 1:18th market is dead... (notice present tence)...they are insane and expect the rest of us are too...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So they took the $100 ebay price, added the $80 for the pickel kit and decided to roll with it? Sorry guys, but the pickel kit is better since the side windows are clear,

Easily faked on this new one. I've got enough figure bubbles around here to build a 1:18 WTC.

Gotta agree with Eddie this time.

did we mention badcat will preorder these at $170 shipped with a release date in december;)

I think so, we could be wrong though.

Nope, we covered it. Read before you post, folks.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Is it and modern era Joes on the same scale? I'm just wondering if the Joes will actually fit properly in the cockpit and elsewhere in it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yes, they will. This isn't the Hasbro crap you're used to.

We wouldn't be having this discussion if it didn't.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
So they took the $100 ebay price, added the $80 for the pickel kit and decided to roll with it? Sorry guys, but the pickel kit is better since the side windows are clear, the stubs are not covering half the windows and the navigation lights are included.

What a joke.

Love your Pickel-hawk. Check out the banner for mine. :D

Looking at shipping costs to Aus, I have a sinking feeling that I'll have to shell out nearly $250 (maybe more) to get the new MH-60 That's a little bit more than I'm prepared to spend on a plastic toy. I could build myself a new cruiser or lowrider bicycle for that price.
So yeah, I take back what I posted earlier.

Still, there's a tiny part of me that's hoping against hope.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm deeply disappointed as well.

But as one collecting door closes another always opens up.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
That's why I quit 1:6 figures and switched to 1:18/Joe collecting. Because it's "cheaper". (My ass).

There's a free Eddie-ism for you guys right there.

EDIT: I just posted a whinge about the price on BBI's Facebook page. :p

Last edited:

dragon53

The Unwashed
Aug 12, 2011
NSA:

With the optional co-pilot and SEALs, a complete MH-60 is probably going to be way over $200.
That may put it of my price range.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
are the newly molded F-16s flying off the shelves that Bbi thought this new (crazy) price hike was justifiable?

what really saddens me is Bbi USED to have quality pieces at a very good price...this is just...really really disheartening...i was ready to laugh at $120, but this, $170+ is just, just...i mean...WTH?...:confused:

these companies are literally nailing their own coffins shut...what really ticks me off, is that, by their greediness, they've all but killed the hobby for US!...when all these WAY over priced toys fail, not only are they not gonna make more repaints, but they also won't make more NEW molds...

sighhhh...i think it's time to grow up, put my toys away and move on...my (our) hobby is getting more and more stagnant...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was prepared to give over a c-note for this, but I never expected eBay to be a better option. Crazy times.

Innistrad Block, here I come!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, they aren't forcing us to buy it.

Maybe guilt-tripping us, but not holding a pistole on us.

PathFinder

Enlisted
Aug 12, 2011
Does anyone remember what the original BBI Blackhawk retail price was? I remember seeing them at TRU I think for about $50-60? I would pay that now, and I recall the originals having at least a pilot figure included. Of course that was a few years back... Inflation I know, but I find myself wanting mostly to do repaints. Well not at $170!

I second the previous note that they should bring back the Bell Cobra AH-1... Would make a great Dragonfly for Wild-Bill.

Yee-Hah!