new PTE items!!!

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
You also have to consider the M1 Abrams is a 30 yr old design, as is the Bradley and Humvee. The Kiowa is even older and so is the Littlebird(Vietnam). There really isn't anything cutting edge out there. I would love to have an MRAP or something like that. I suppose with a LOT of work, the POC Vamp could be customized to resemble and MRAP.

We need someyhing like the PAK FA in the very near future.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I hope not. Someone beat all the 5th gen aircraft with an ugly stick.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I must say, I'm fuckin impressed. As toy like as it looks, I really honestly like it. I'm surprised that they made the canards with a way to change the angle. When I get these and flankers I'll have to make a mold of the canards and make some supa flanka's :D

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Oh, and thanks for the link XOC, I really aprreciate it(too many things going on in my mind, must get these!!!)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
hmmm, kinda tiny compared to the SU-27, which is pretty small compared the JSI F-14...think i'll hold off to find the A-10

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
hmmm, kinda tiny compared to the SU-27, which is pretty small compared the JSI F-14...think i'll hold off to find the A-10

The J-10 is generally larger than an F-16, so you can see about the size it should be.

You can immediately tell it's got the classic signs of a Joescale vehicle, the large cockpit tacked on to a smaller scale fuselage. Still, if that were my bag I'd be excited.
I may get one just to nick the stickers. Selling the rest off shouldn't be an issue.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
hope its not the direction they take....their vehicles have always been smaller, but not Hasbro small...they've always been medium scaled or even slightly larger...this J-10 seems lower than medium :(

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They've never done a properly scaled/proportioned aircraft.
Still, it's better than trying to convince yourself that a Rattler would actually have a snowball's chance in hell against a Skystriker.

On another note, I find them coloring the AAMs to replicate inert munitions pretty odd.

genkhrylov

Enlisted
Mar 18, 2011
I aw the pics over at joedios, and it looks fairly small. i just got my j-10 and it is a bit bigger than the pics seem like i think, especially the cockpit area. fairly well proportioned,too. i imagine itll be quite popular as a cobra interceptor. ill post some pics when i can, most likely this evening. hopefully the pics will show its a bit bigger than i got the impression from the other pics. I quite like it and intend to get a few more. on the back of the pack it shows the bunker is available as a small set not just in the big base set, too. but god, do i hate the pilot figure that comes with this plane...

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Honestly, I'd probably get a couple j-10s for cobra planes. They may be small but not Hasbro small. At least from what I've seen. Granted, they're TINY compared to 1:18 offerings. But if you're going to compare PTE to what Hasbro has to offer, I'd say PTE has them beat.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's bigger than their Dragonhawk and Black Dragon VTOL, for sure.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I wouldn't expect to see them till October or so when Big Lots starts gearing up for Christmas.

I've honestly had the best luck with BL in late julyto early august, but that was when I was in cali, may be closer tho that here in TN. I hope this stuff makes it here though...

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I've honestly had the best luck with BL in late julyto early august, but that was when I was in cali, may be closer tho that here in TN. I hope this stuff makes it here though...

Even then, if they do stock some of the newer items, you may not see any till closer to christmas. I know the BLs near me had scores of the humvees, little birds, IFVs, etc.. but they didn't have the f-18s till closer to christmas time.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
That reminds me, hopefully my big lots a couple miles down the road gets some humvees soon...

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
goddamn, do I want that SU-27! I hate to think about it now, after like 3 or 4 years, and still haven't gotten one... we need an official emo pte thread...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You don't want one. It's small and ugly. Bleh.

True, but remember all the work that one fellow put into it, converting it to a Flanker C?

Almost a shame to put that much effort into something "Joe Scale".

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I really want to like PTE's walls.

I hope that J-10 comes over. I could really use that sticker sheet. Of course, they'll probably Rocket Chopper it and take those out.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
That's not all one thing? :confused:

nobody is sure at this point how they will be packaged at this point. We have already seen the tan tower individually, so it may laso come in this set, or we may get them all individually, or may not get them at all

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I hope the Big Lots I like still carries PTE. I've been to a few that didn't. :(

same here. I got lucky by moving to nashville. In ca. I only had one nearby which didn't always get stuff. Here I have like 5 within a reasonable distance, one being like 2 miles down the street from me. I haven't checked that one yet though...last time(like 3 weeks ago) they didn't have anything

Tracker

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
same here. I got lucky by moving to nashville. In ca. I only had one nearby which didn't always get stuff. Here I have like 5 within a reasonable distance, one being like 2 miles down the street from me. I haven't checked that one yet though...last time(like 3 weeks ago) they didn't have anything

over at hiss tank there finding them in TN.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Well the other one near me had a decent before holidays selection. None of the newer stuff except the tan tower, but I picked up 3 little birds, the t-98, and one each of the four humvees.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
cool, cool. I know what you mean, I haven't had time to do any bl runs so no little birds for me yet.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
they were spotted last year(according to goldbug on here), hopefully this year too!