Official Emo Zarana Thread

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
'Bout to cook some steak. I'm trying to sneak opening Z later, we'll see if that works out.

this will sound odd but incase you haven't figured it out, I find the bathroom is the best place to open new stuff without prying eyes. :D lol I loved the temporary housing I was in when I first moved here. I could go into the bathroom, and stick stuff on the counter and open everything up, and the br had a litle built in cabinet for towels(maybe a foot and a half wide and 3 feet tall) which wasn't being used, so I could hide new stuff in there once opened. Nobody ever found out :D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So I cracked open my Zarana last night, and color-matched the paint for her hair. I've already got the first coat on, and will probably only need a second coat and then a clear coat to seal it, but I highly recommend it to those of you ARAH whores. With the blond hair gone, it's like night and day. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Oh, and the lower arms are from ROC Baroness. And the lower legs are from Renegades Scarlett! Even YoJoe was wrong on the Baroness lower arms. The only reason I know this, is that I had already planned to use those gloves for my Z custom that I've set aside for months now and just compared the two, and they're identical.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Can't wait to see pics of a accurate Z.

I also plan on painting her hair pink but I'm going to wait until I can score another one cuz I want to keep one un-fucked with

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm keeping her hair the reddish color of the sides, I just wanted to get rid of that damned yellow mohawk. I am considering swapping out the lower legs for the ROC Baroness lower legs, then swapping the SDCC Zarana feet out. And then sculpting on the socks (I think I called it fur before?). I dunno, I'll definitely finish the hair and holster first... The boots aren't so big a deal to me. I just hate how the kneepads float.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
he forgot to mention it was a full repaint, but now we can nknow the truth

okay, you got me, I'm just bored and like this pic

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
best pic evar! When I looked up clown, there was plenty of other pics I could have chosen to post, from good to bad...mostly bad

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
that holster looks great...nice and tight...did you mod it in any way or just cut it from the Hawk sling and glue on?

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
That's a major improvement. If you wanna make another just like it and sell, LMK.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Thanks fellas! Yeah, I finally snuck in that damned staircase. Also, remembered to toss in the newspapers.

That is nice! I got my Zarana set today too.
I don't know how I'm going to match that hair color & holster color. What did you use?
I like the gloss lipstick so not changing that.

Oy, ready?

:D

So the hair was the biggest bitch ever to match. I mixed probably enough paint to waste a good 1/2 of a Tamiya jar. I did end up with a good orange for my Zandar hair, so it wasn't all to waste. Anyways, at the end of the day, the hair recipe was:

2/3 Tamiya pink
1/3 Tamiya orange
With enough Tamiya red added, drop by drop, to match the sides of her head.

I maybe also added a drop or 2 of white, but that's mostly it. I'd recommend mixing enough to keep a touch-up small jar.

The pink of her shirt is Tamiya pink with Light Blue added (the basic pure cyan color) until the color's right.

You'll also need to clear-coat it with a flat coat of clear once it's done, as those colors are all gloss, but they match perfectly once it's cleared.

The holster was just a Hawk holster with the straps clipped off. Coated the holster in Tamiya flat red painted on top of the base plastic. The pistol stayed factory gold, I didn't touch that. The dark gray gave a good enough base that the red came out almost the perfect maroon.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Me neither. Seems like a really oddball edit to make, considering her card art doesn't match it. Color-matching and painting it isn't something everyone can do, as simple as it sounds. Was the original JoeCon pic like that? I don't remember...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Me neither. Seems like a really oddball edit to make, considering her card art doesn't match it. Color-matching and painting it isn't something everyone can do, as simple as it sounds. Was the original JoeCon pic like that? I don't remember...

I don't either. I want to say it was all pink but i dunno

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Just checked the pics I'd saved from the JoeCon coverage...

It wasn't the same shade of pink as the sides of her head, but it also wasn't yellow. It was a lighter pink, though. Slightly orange, but definitely not yellow. She also had that stupid set of stars on her eyes, too. The proto's shirt was more pink, too, and not so purple as the production version, either.

I think that the production version's shirt should've been a lighter or brighter pink, or the flesh tone should've been lighter. The contrast between the final shirt and flesh tone doesn't quite work, as the tones are too similar, and she tends to look a bit washed out.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Also, dammit, now I'm jonesing for that Sci-Fi, Lifeline, and Airtight. All the others from JoeCon, too, but those guys especially. They look amazing!

I'm so worried we'll hear that they got delayed for that turdball sequel...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Also, dammit, now I'm jonesing for that Sci-Fi, Lifeline, and Airtight. All the others from JoeCon, too, but those guys especially. They look amazing!

I'm so worried we'll hear that they got delayed for that turdball sequel...

no freaking kidding..they are (were) indeed amazing...

and i hate to say it, but with H's track record, i'd say its like a 95% chance we won't see them for a loooooooooong time :( :mad:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Nope, according to some of the wise ones at HT they will show up so don't you worry. They know all and see all. It's like Sauron or whatever that stupid eye on Lord of the Rings was. Yup, what you saw doesn't matter. They are right.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
People started getting their SDCC stuff late last week and this week. Sounds about right.