Official Emo Zarana Thread

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, for once BBTS was the cheaper route. I wish I'd grabbed 2 from them instead of pre-ordering, but hey, at least I got the preordered one already.

When the eff is BBTS going to get theirs in-stock? Are they just driving them around the country? It's been a week now, they should be there at the BBTS warehouse.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Yeah, for once BBTS was the cheaper route. I wish I'd grabbed 2 from them instead of pre-ordering, but hey, at least I got the preordered one already.

When the eff is BBTS going to get theirs in-stock? Are they just driving them around the country? It's been a week now, they should be there at the BBTS warehouse.

I know, right? I don't know what the holdup is.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

when there done fucking people out of there HTS orders

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

lol...

"hop in girls, we're going on a roadtrip!"

when there done fucking people out of there HTS orders

ha hah...losers!

hmmm, that kinda feels like bad karma laughing at you

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Thing is, BBTS is a big account with HTS.com so I doubt they will get any flak but I'm not sure someone down the line at HTS won't. Also, if nobody really complained then it will just get swept under the rug. Everyone that had to order from there should have bitched honestly. They had to go pay more for something they should have had the chance to get from the source. Just my 2 cents. Sadly, people just rolled over and paid. YO JOE!! :rolleyes:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'm thinking they didn't have the same traffic as HTS did in that 3 hour span. People ordered from them earlier and then bitched before they went there after HTS sold out so I don't think they got the same amount in the same period. Probably a decent amount of people but it was spread out.

You can't deny that a majority of the fans rather pay than make noise to have things done properly. BBTS had over 200 units. 200! That's a lot of product. Robotkingdom had 112. Right there is over 300 units that were overpriced. That just is not fair to the people that continue to support the line. I can understand convenience but that's a little kick in the teeth to the fans.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I still hadn't received an email, so I sent HTS an email of my own.

They replied stating that my order HAD in fact shipped, and the site had not been updated yet. They didn't have a shipping # right now though...so...I'm still wary...but a bit more enthusiastic.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
IBBTS had over 200 units. 200! That's a lot of product. Robotkingdom had 112. Right there is over 300 units that were overpriced.

Are "units" Pink-Zaranas?

My understanding that some percentage of BBTS's Zarana inventory was bought from SDCC attendee's right at the show. And that the availability of Zarana at BBTS after the HTS fiasco were people cancelling their orders, not that BBTS was able to score more from HTS. Is that correct?

Does anyone happen to know the total number of units produced for Pink Zarana, CS Zarana, and StarScream SkyStriker?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Lol MW. Here you go, A Pic with the SDCC one, the Vintage one, and my custm one. I'm gonna put the posed pic in the Dio One-shot thread.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The 25th sculpts have ruined the ARAH figs for me. I can't look at them now without them looking totally goofy. I still have the fond memories of them, don't get me wrong, but they do look like deformed midgets or "kid" versions of the 25th figures, for the most part.

Zarana was one of the worst original figures though, due to her male-buck base. She just never looked very feminine, and that weird head didn't help.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The 25th sculpts have ruined the ARAH figs for me. I can't look at them now without them looking totally goofy. I still have the fond memories of them, don't get me wrong, but they do look like deformed midgets or "kid" versions of the 25th figures, for the most part.

I agree 100% with this

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
the ARAH one looks freaking hilarious next to the new one...like a really thick midget!

Zarana was one of the worst original figures though, due to her male-buck base. She just never looked very feminine, and that weird head didn't help.

QFT, I only use ARAH one in a while with things like the ASP. Modern Era figs just don't fit. That comparison pic was hilarious! But I never cared for the OG Zarana anyway I want Zandar.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
So I feel a little bit better about Z-Day...

After being forced to dump StarScream, CS Zarana and finally old school Zarana from my cart that day, I went back and bought the only thing that was remotely interesting left...the MU Sentinal. I had a couple $30 Groupons for HTS, and since the servers were finally working, I used two of them for that order (effectively getting a $30 discount.)

It was waiting for me when I got home from work today, and not only is it pretty awesome just in terms of it's size and cool artwork on the packaging, it makes me chuckle to think HTS surely took a significant loss from my order between the $30 discount, the 10% off code, and the free shipping of that monster...