On the Workbench

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
:lmao: ^^^

Right on. So it is permanent on the base board?

Not yet...I'm gonna clear silicone over the bulbs to create flames...then it'll be permanent...but I have a whole nother 50 bulbs on the strand unused! If only I knew how to separate the halves AND have them still function...strand lights are so finicky.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
^
Damn! Well,you need to make a mental note of it if you ever wanna make a winter dio! Looked like frost! I was like wtf? it's still in the mid 80°F's here,or around 27°C for your metric self:trollface:

Working on a duke!

I replaced the poofy scarf on the mouse torso with the collar from a poc duke..

It obviously needs a TON more sanding...BUT I made it so it's comes apart to be copied:D

When Vortious catches up I'll sent it to him...IMO it'd be nice to have another alternative besides that scarf or nothing at all..

Oh I'm stealing that body parts layout sometime.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My female helo pilot is back on track. Toryn Farr's arm's will work in the LJ torso with some trimming, but they have two things working against them, in the form of the upper arms having some funky design on them that is distracting the hell out of me, and the overall length is a quim hair's breadth too short. On the up side, I should be able to find a female upper arm I can live with fairly easily. The forearms were always the bigger hurdle.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The M2/Mk 19 abortion is probably the dumbest mash-up I've ever had the misfortune to cast my eyes upon, but I think the rest of it has potential. May need to slap her on the "To-Do" list.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It changes as ideas fall out of favor. :D Right now it's only 3-4 figures long. Blame my skinflintedness for not buying parts.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Guess I'll need to check for parts over at Vortious'. Before long I'll have $100 worth of stuff I need to buy from there. :shakes head:

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Guess I'll need to check for parts over at Vortious'. Before long I'll have $100 worth of stuff I need to buy from there. :shakes head:

I just got some stuff from Vortious. Since the Hobbit figures are pretty much dead now and we won't be getting any more Dwarves I've decided to build by own army.

Here is the start of the first one.

I've been gathering up some decent looking dwarf heads for a while now. So far I've got Volstagg from Thor, Gibbs and Blackbeard from Pirates of the Caribbean 4, a couple decent Chap Mei pirates. Most of the bodies will be this odd 3 1/2" sandman figure from China.
I haven't actually made a custom for a few years now so i'm looking forward to getting back into it.

Attachments

• wip_odin_dwarf1.jpg
    wip_odin_dwarf1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 56

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
I want to do a custom for my buddy based on Willem Dafoe's character in Clear and Present Danger, John Clark, which is also my friend's name.

I like this sculpt from The Angel Forge for the torso. Probably some Kwinn arms and legs from either v43-45 Commander or a Storm Shadow with straight legs.

Could use some suggestions for a head. Does anybody cast a Dafoe head? Anything close to what's pictured? Thanks!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thinking of doing an upper arm swap on Ult. SS. Anyone got a link to a torso cutting tutorial? I know the shit plastic they used won't hold up to the might of a pair of channel locks, but I never learned how to cut 'em.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Haha! I thought I was the only one using channel locks to crack these bitches!

I've used a hobby knife to cut the soft ass DG troopers open,starting at the bottom seem. Once you get em started I use small screwdrivers to shim the gap till they pop...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, he starts at the shoulder. Guess I'll give it a shot. If I fuck it up I'll just do what Eazy did. Throw it in the gutter and go buy another. :trollface:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That would definitely be part of the process. That upper arm is a tiny bit shorter than the stock one, so I think I'm gonna wait around and see if another potential replacement comes along.

As an aside, SS's gunsen is awesome and is gonna look great painted up and stuck in one of my mini cabinets.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I think the pointy shoulders is throwing it off, sand the pointy parts down and it might look a little more realistic. Unless you're giving him a vest over his gi.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Realistic? He's right out of a 1980s b-movie, a little sanding isn't gonna fix that buffoonery. ;)

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Thinking of doing an upper arm swap on Ult. SS. Anyone got a link to a torso cutting tutorial? I know the shit plastic they used won't hold up to the might of a pair of channel locks, but I never learned how to cut 'em.

Utility knife in the armpit seam until it's far enough to pop by pry.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I really like what you did there, Giga. May have to nick the general concept.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I want to do a custom for my buddy based on Willem Dafoe's character in Clear and Present Danger, John Clark, which is also my friend's name.

I like this sculpt from The Angel Forge for the torso. Probably some Kwinn arms and legs from either v43-45 Commander or a Storm Shadow with straight legs.

Could use some suggestions for a head. Does anybody cast a Dafoe head? Anything close to what's pictured? Thanks!
The hair is a little different but here is a William Dafoe figure from the 21st Century Ultimate Soldier Platoon line.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Is it possible to buy the whole series 1 collection as a whole ? If so how much ? I think I need to make a Dirty Harry custom after seeing that Eastwood sculpt :)

I'll figure something out. Originally, I was going to have a collection order but decided not to for inventory reasons.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Giga, I'd like to ask you something but you have PM's turned off. Do you want to be left in peace?