On the Workbench

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Elbow swivel mod and added hinged wrists. Really thinking of adding a pair of RoC/PoC/PoCv.2 Cobra Commander oxfords.

Only wish this badboy had Joe hips and I could probably do without the thigh swivel, aesthetically.

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
We are going to need a huge group shot soon TIE. Your latest looks great.

Thanks, Medd and Salty!
I'll have a group shot, soon.

Elbow swivel mod and added hinged wrists. Really thinking of adding a pair of RoC/PoC/PoCv.2 Cobra Commander oxfords.

Damn, KT! Mad skills. I need to start "figuring" out how to take things up a notch, because those kick serious ass.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's 10 minutes of work with a Dremel, hairdryer and x-acto knife. I really need to get back to actual customs that require paint. :D

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

Still working on the finishing touches for this like a good rusty metal texture and trying to get the boolean operation to hollow it out but I think it's looking good so far.

I finally purchased zbrush today and will be able to start using it tomorrow. Should make life so much easier. At least now, I have something I can work on that doesn't require heat.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

Only wish this badboy had Joe hips and I could probably do without the thigh swivel, aesthetically.

What figure is that? It looks awesome.

I wonder if the overall suit was a more muted color, like charcoal, if those hips would be as noticeable?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
.. As it sits it looks like a damn cowboy. :grumpy:

Pfft...I thought that was intentional...and it's why I like it so much.not many cowboy figures out there.

Oh yes! Definitely add the CC shoes! Keep the cuff and hollow out the leg a bit to allow the foot to nestle up in there nicely. Add a rocker to the feet!

The black one reminds me of this. :D

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=02DhPwlna8M[/ame]

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was just doing the eye-balling on the CC feet conversion, and I'd have to get them awfully deep into the leg. Rockers would be pretty righteous here.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Love this buck, not as much as the RoC Destro/Professor Xavier one, but enough to say this guy should have been more heavily packed than Arkham Knight.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If you can get one it has been proven Lex is just a head-swap away.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Moving along on the ex-spook. I like the way 21st's great mantel lays, but the collar just doesn't work here, and neither does the material flap on the left breast. I need to get a set of swivel hands on them-thar arms, and some new feet while I'm at it. I'm thinking Para-Viper, if I have another set.

I'd like to get him a hat, but his melon head doesn't really make that easy. I tried out Broadus' trilby, but I think it will only make the hydrocephaly more pronounced.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I swear, last one of this buck. Got the feet on there. Just need to pick a head a weapon for him, and then he can hang out with Philip Marlowe and Giuseppe.

As an aside, this would make a pretty good base for a suited Rene Belloq custom. You'd have to permanently attach a hat or sculpt most of the Belloq figure's head because of that stupid turban he has on....

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Moving along on the ex-spook. I like the way 21st's great mantel lays, but the collar just doesn't work here, and neither does the material flap on the left breast. I need to get a set of swivel hands on them-thar arms, and some new feet while I'm at it. I'm thinking Para-Viper, if I have another set.

I'd like to get him a hat, but his melon head doesn't really make that easy. I tried out Broadus' trilby, but I think it will only make the hydrocephaly more pronounced.

^
Cool looking guy! I like the civilian look. Too bad they don't make figures like that!:(

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Started on painting Budo's armor the other day. I'll either commit seppuku out of frustration or have a pretty swell display piece. Need to decide if I'm gonna switch out the mempo for the Cemetery Warrior's skull mask. I was gonna wait until I had another Budo, but it never came my way.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
WIP/Teaser:

This is, about, 70% on the base coat. I still need to do the cording and knots. I'm doing the two parts of the do-maru right now, and then will probably do the sode (big shoulder pads) and kote (arms) next. Probably save the kabuto (helmet) and mempo (mask) for last. This doesn't even start to ponder the washes and the dark blue I'm gonna have to mix as the top coat for all the blue cording.

Someone tell me to give it up, please!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Keep on keep'n on, KT!

Go'n in the museum?

You know it.

Fuck, no!
I'm planning to do something simlilar with one of my Budos in the not so near future, and i'll need some inspiration, so just keep on! :D

So far my advice is this: Touch-ups are gonna happen, especially if you do the borders of the armor plates.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Base coats on the helmet are mostly done. I'm gonna knock out the antlers than move on to the top coat on the blue lacing then get to the washes. That should have the armor done and just leave the surcoat.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This was a little palate cleanser towards the end of my Budo repaint. Not sure how I'm gonna display it.