On the Workbench

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nah, I just use it to give a glossy sheen to items that should have it. I'm dubious it would have long term durability on something like a Transformer, but could see it's utility in tightening, or in this case, gumming up, joints.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Floor polish would be strong, but I would think it would be too thick to use as a sealer in most cases. If the joints were loose I could see using it to tighten them up. I think the best bet for protecting against chipping in joints would be to mix the paint with some type of epoxy or acetone to better bond it to the figure.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Evil super villian

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Are you kidding? Have you seen the marvel universe movies...you could make a security guard, high Hefner, a truck driving redneck...the possibilities are endless!

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I finally got my Nunchuck build ready. Most of the parts are damaged but they are ready. I would have preferred some folds on the sleeves, but the forearm wraps and biceps straps were necessary.

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
...which brings me to a question, and I've never used it as I don't often venture outside of "paint" chemicals on customs aside from the casual rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol to strip paint... I've seen TF customizers jerk off to the versatility of Future Floor Polish (or whatever it's called) from using it to clearcoat stuff to building up joints, so is that what you're using here, too?

Future Floor Finish use to have an acrylic product that was just an acrylic clear coating. It was great when diluted for clearing up scratched canopies. Can't imagine it would work for Joe joints except for gumming them up.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Damn paint on the Trooper turned out too dark and too purple. I would have preferred a nice medium blue, but that would have offended my sense of order not matching my 50th Troopers. So I had to try and match the dark blue. Wet, the paint was damn close in color.

Has anyone cast the Young Indy neckerchief? I think I am going to use that one instead if I can find one.

What did you use for the blue? The closest I've come is with Tamiya flat blue. It's what I used to make my silver logo trooper from a DG trooper.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Working on VSS 2.0 in hopes that it will spur me to actually start the NVTDS projekt. This time I took the scope and mount off of the top of the receiver and moved them to the left-hand side. The paint this generation is more in-depth, though I think I'll forgo wear 'n tear this time.

Most ancient first model on the left.

kt174

Assaulter
Oct 20, 2013
Carolinas
Working on VSS 2.0 in hopes that it will spur me to actually start the NVTDS projekt. This time I took the scope and mount off of the top of the receiver and moved them to the left-hand side. The paint this generation is more in-depth, though I think I'll forgo wear 'n tear this time.

It looks great K-Tiger.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks. I'm debating now how much graphite I want to throw on the "metal" parts.

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!

Looking proper, KT. Never understood why they didn't mount ithe scope right...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro isn't big on accuracy. To say the receiver details are fudged is being kind. I'm sure if Marauder does one it'll look good but the scope will still peg into the receiver cover.

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Finished pouring the second one of her,only I used a Vortious head on this one. I'll be painting her this weekend,and sending her out to her new home. I traded her for a bunch of custom waterslides from my man over at Bad Mother tattos&decals

Also ran a Daina head for a fellow tanker with left over plastic from the arm pour,this is the pic I sent him,lol.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I have half a mind to send him all the Russian prison ink I have saved and have 1:18 decal tatts made from them.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Do it! The guy has some really nice decals! This figure is getting a tramp stamp he made for me,and a playboy bunny on her back shoulder.

Dang, that looks fantastic!

Frigging outstanding, man!

^
Thanks fellas. I sent him the pics,and he was very pleased:D Dropship,those are Zarana feet,them "boots with the Spurs" lolz. I know we had a conversation about boot feet before...the only bad thing is the Zarana I copied her left ankle joint was cast off center from hasbro,so all the copies share the defect:( still look,and work perfectly tho.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'll have to see if any of them are hi-res enough. Some of them are pretty raunchy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Highly inappropriate for nephews and little action figure men and women. :D

I believe this would be a lesbian prison tatt, maybe a prostitute, I can't recall. Obviously NSFW.

I forget the precise origins of this one, but I think it would look good on Omega Red's arm or back. :trollface:

They get worse, though.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I added a second one. We need a fat bare torso (male or female) for some of these.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Finished pouring the second one of her,only I used a Vortious head on this one. I'll be painting her this weekend,and sending her out to her new home. I traded her for a bunch of custom waterslides from my man over at Bad Mother tattos&decals

Do you have more information on this figure/project? Custom sculpt by you or someone else, who's casting, are they for sale, etc.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The head is Vortious, though V's photo of it was really bad.
fem 49

Sounds like the rest was cast by Contraband himself.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Do you have more information on this figure/project? Custom sculpt by you or someone else, who's casting, are they for sale, etc.

^
What K said,the head&upper torso are Vortious/Stacco sculpts. The entire figure was cast by me except the metal bar&screws,lol. The arms are my sculpt based off retaliation lady Jaye arms...they where made for Vortious,and will be in his store soon..I also made a Harley Quinn head for the project these arms where made for,and it will also be available from Vortious's site,as well as the entire figure as a kit. the right leg is notched for a knife sheath or trooper holster btw.

For those random readers I DO NOT SELL CASTS you'd be surprised the messages I get,lol. I'm in it for a hobby,anything I make that people show interest in will go to Vortious,so he can do what he does..I'm purely in it for fun,and love of the hobby.

I'm working on bare joe style female legs right now for another project..

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I didn't see the pics when I first read your post, KT. I think I beat you to your edit.

Anyway, those are awesome! The second one hilariously awesome!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This one would be cool on a hard-hitting motherfucker. Oktober Guard pussies need not apply.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I said "hard-hitting", not "ass-licking".

Here's a good one for a Dreadnok.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Good one for a custom ex-Soviet pilot:

If the translation is to be believed: "I bombed the Asians from the skies of Afghanistan".

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I do, to be honest. It would probably be better if I bought the books and did hi-res scans so the decal quality was better.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I would trace them on acetate and eliminate the pointillism dots. That could be a mess shrunken