On the Workbench

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, I've used Tunnel Rat lowers on female figures as well. They're another set of parts that have become a pain to find, though.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Pretty happy with this for a headsculpt...

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
This was posted on Facebook today. Edit: It's a cast from Star Wars Geek.

Attachments

• 10409646_908646782489498_3154288663097951465_n.jpg
    10409646_908646782489498_3154288663097951465_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Not sure I'm sold on them. Not that I'll ever see Black Cat on the peg. The search continues!

^
Black cat uppers have a bigger hip socket then joe figures,and won't attach without modification of some sort.

The ones attached to the cover girl torso are from Wasp,the one laying next to it is Black Cat's original upper leg..I put a black cat's T-bar next to a Joe T-bar as well for visual comparison. Wasp's legs fit really well on the bar BTW,and I'm diggin the upper leg swivel for some reason?

Besides,I wouldn't even worry about buying her off a peg. She's $12.99 at Target plus tax,and $12.99 on eBay shipped loose.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Black cat uppers have a bigger hip socket then joe figures,and won't attach without modification of some sort..

Rub some kind of lubricant on the T-bar balls, fill leg sockets with hot glue, pop onto balljoints, wait for glue to dry, trim excess glue, wipe lube off balls and out of sockets of possible?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

Codename: Flint
Powers: invulnerable skin, super strength
Affiliation: UN, Stormwatch, Stormwatch: Team Achilles, Stormwatch: Post Earth Division

Place of birth: Kenya

Flint is one of five members of Team Achilles staff that is a super powered being. The scars on her face and left arm was suffered during the Wildstorm/Aliens crossover event.

Still trying to figure out a loadout for her. She doesn't carry a gun but is important as a support character for the other soldiers so I'm thinking some flash grenades and maybe some mag pouches behind her for whoever's taking cover behind her.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
^
Black cat uppers have a bigger hip socket then joe figures,and won't attach without modification of some sort.

The ones attached to the cover girl torso are from Wasp,the one laying next to it is Black Cat's original upper leg..I put a black cat's T-bar next to a Joe T-bar as well for visual comparison. Wasp's legs fit really well on the bar BTW,and I'm diggin the upper leg swivel for some reason?

Besides,I wouldn't even worry about buying her off a peg. She's $12.99 at Target plus tax,and $12.99 on eBay shipped loose.

Jesus, they changed the hip hole size? The swivel thighs snap onto Joe T-bars just fine. Fuck Hasbro in the ass with a rusty nine iron. Piecing together just the right parts for a custom is hard enough without Hasbro changing up dimensions every other fucking wave.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They fit on female bucks, that's about all I can say for them. Perhaps if the left thigh was unencumbered by that unnecessary pouch, but they don't serve any purpose to the current topic being bandied about in here.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014

Codename: Flint
Powers: invulnerable skin, super strength
Affiliation: UN, Stormwatch, Stormwatch: Team Achilles, Stormwatch: Post Earth Division

Place of birth: Kenya

Flint is one of five members of Team Achilles staff that is a super powered being. The scars on her face and left arm was suffered during the Wildstorm/Aliens crossover event.

Still trying to figure out a loadout for her. She doesn't carry a gun but is important as a support character for the other soldiers so I'm thinking some flash grenades and maybe some mag pouches behind her for whoever's taking cover behind her.

^
Do you have a front pic? What you did with the legs is bad ass!

Also,damn you for having a scarlett for fodder!:explode: I've been trying to get my hands on one for a couple months now!! I just need to borrow it! I wanna copy it,one ended for $40+ just yesterday on eBay which is way too beaucoup for me.

Rub some kind of lubricant on the T-bar balls, fill leg sockets with hot glue, pop onto balljoints, wait for glue to dry, trim excess glue, wipe lube off balls and out of sockets of possible?

^
Why is it even your innocent posts sound sexual?:trollface:

I wouldn't want to use those uppers anyways.I'm really liking that upper thigh swivel the wasp legs have.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just tried out a set of Pit Commando thighs, and was pretty damn surprised with how well they work. I think Shock Trooper legs have potential if replacement knee can be found.

Contraband, how much of that Scarlett do you need?

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Just the torso,and only for a few days. I don't cast for others,so my turnaround would be 2-3 days to cast it as long as I'm home when it arrives,a week tops of it shows up early in the week,because I'm home only on the weekends.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah. I pulled one out of an HT fodder box missing the head and the right hand. It looks like they snapped most of the peg off and I've yet to get around to doing any kind of replacement.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
^
Do you have a front pic? What you did with the legs is bad ass!

Also,damn you for having a scarlett for fodder!:explode: I've been trying to get my hands on one for a couple months now!! I just need to borrow it! I wanna copy it,one ended for $40+ just yesterday on eBay which is way too beaucoup for me.

I don't have another shot of it. I wanted to snap a photo to show the original writer of the comic. At some point when I have all of these customs ready for Joe con, I'll set them up in proper lighting.

The leg construction uses wasp swivels with black widow thighs. It would normally be a glaring issue with the differences in size, but the leg armor covers it up. All of the characters in this series had leg armor but I didn't have the motivation to sculpt it all so I cannibalized a bunch of blowtorches and sliced down the bumps to get hard edges.

The lower legs are wave 2 retaliation Snake Eyes.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Maybe I shouldn't have cannibalized mine.

^
lol,you can't look at it that way. Part of enjoying figures to their full potential is customizing using their parts. Besides,if everyone held on to theirs,and kept them all nice their price wouldn't be climbing.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I think I went on a splurge and bought like 4-5 for $10 apiece. Really wish I would have done that with that 7 pack Destro but silly me thought they would kitbash the hell out of their good parts.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
What figures came with the Airborne leg rigging?

This one:
http://www.yojoe.com/images/resize/w/MAX/action/08/images/sgtairborne3acc-6.jpg

I'd prefer to get one cast in black or factory-painted in black, if possible. I may even have a couple somewhere in my fodder bin, but I'd need a memory jog to recall which figures I may have parted out. That silly new FSS Alpine has it, but I'm not opening him for parts, unfortunately.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013

This one:

I'd prefer to get one cast in black or factory-painted in black, if possible. I may even have a couple somewhere in my fodder bin, but I'd need a memory jog to recall which figures I may have parted out. That silly new FSS Alpine has it, but I'm not opening him for parts, unfortunately.

The ROC Rollbar that came with the Snarler Cycle. There is a different version that came with the POC/50th Snake Eyes.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of COBRA - Snarler Motorcycle

G.I. Joe: The Pursuit of COBRA - Snake Eyes (Desert Battle)

G.I. Joe: 50th Anniversary - Ghost Hawk w/ Snake Eyes

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014

This one:

AOCI hit&run:Black
ROC Rollbar:light Grey
ROC Fire Fly:medium grey
25th Sgt. Airborne:Brown

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Ah! I think I have a couple of that SE in the shitty off-purple. Forgot about that one. But POC H&R could be a proper donor too since I just got the FSS upgrade. Thanks fellas! I'll have to dig those figures out.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just going over my Wish-List for customs. Ugh, 98% will never happen:

Velma Dinkley. I know which head and torso to use. I'm just too cheap and impatient to order parts.

"Project Eddie" '60s Dreadnok. This one is dissassembled and ready for painting, I simply keep waffling on changing out the Colton padded knee. I don't want to keep it, but I can't be bothered to try and track down something to replace it.

Vietnam Era "Snake Charmer", Wild Bill, Dial Tone, Tunnel Rat, Low Light and Wolverine. I attempted Low Light, but got disgusted with the project. Everything else is really in the idea/planning phase. I've gathered up some accessories for DT, but until a radio pack is available it's not likely to move further.

Former Raven FAC-turned-Merc fixed-wing pilot. Have most of the parts for this, just no motivation.

Modern female helicopter pilot. This one really only needs some arms. I've painted her vest and helmet, and the head only needs the pupils painted. I get some damn arms and I can get her finished. She's turned into Fusillade 2.0.

Spetsnaz/VDV/Cold War casual Omega Red. Waiting for a buck large and military enough to work. Concept Case Gung-Ho would be a likely candidate.

Rockabilly Ghost Chick. I have ideas for arms, torso and head, but I'm not sure about legs. Do I want legs? Do I want a whispy ghost "tail"? Do I want it to glow in the dark? Do I want to try and get the parts cast in transparent lime green plastic?

Military female. Playing with parts at the moment. I've got everything but a head put together and it's really a matter of nailing down a purpose for her.

"Boudicca". We've been discussing this one in this thread, I think. Ripped operator chick. Still mulling over parts.

Cobra Night Stalker. Playing with parts on this one. I have the helmet and goggles licked. :D

Ex-Spook/Spook-Hunter. I have got his head painted, the pelvis conversion sloppy but done. Just waiting on a coat solution to finish the project out. I need to switch out the hands, but that's small stuff.

Female TIE Pilot. Really just an idea at this point.

Ghost of Charles Darwin. Not sure if this one will ever happen, either. I know what I want to do head-wise, I just don't have the ability. I'd probably use the upper half of DCMu Joker if I ever find one, but I'd need to find a Joe lower. Same issue as Rockabilly Chic when it comes to paint. I'd probably GitD ol' Chuck.

Female 24165. Not really sure, I just know which parts I want to use. Again, impatience and cheapness stopping this one.

Man, I'm worse than Eddie.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Customs I'd like to do.

I have a clear Buzzer head, (& since I killed him in every video I made.) I thought maybe a ghost version of him would be cool, But not sure what to use for the rest of the body.

I had a female blue cast that I had no idea what to do with (I have several of the cast, so I thought I wouldn't use it.) But then I realized she looked like Katlin from Flash, (aka killer frost) so I'm playing sround with what the TV version of her might look like.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Man, I'm worse than Eddie.

:lmao:

Seeing that you can even remember your WIPs, I'd say you are not worse. I may have more, I may have less. I honestly don't know. :headinsand:

What's worse is that I constantly consider taking on MORE projects! WTF is wrong with me (us)?!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm hoping the 50th part II gives us a bunch of useful parts so that I can get some of this stuff done. It just bums me out because I have all of these pictured in my head, I have *most* of the skill set needed to pull them off, and I think several of them would be pretty interesting to the boards.

Last edited:

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
Shit... glad to hear it isn't just me.
I have a huge dio build going that is a gift for someone, five figures, a dog, a mech, another VAMP, and just this afternoon started a part-scratch-build-part-kit-bash ARW Chapel inspired tank type thing. When I'm waiting for paint, adhesive, or GreenStuff to dry, I need to just sit back and have a beer instead of starting something new.

A lot of that list sounds dope, KT. Nice list.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I have a rather long queue as well. Most of the figures are ready to paint. I think I like the planning and building stage the most.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011

time to get creative after a long-as break

Who does Colonial Marine kits these days? I figure I'd make some to tide me over till Hiya's get released.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I have to psyche myself up for paint, too. Especially intricate camouflage patterns. I find that once I get the base coat down things tend to go pretty well.

I don't think anyone knows how long it took me to work up to that set of Budo armor.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
To Do List:

"The Man with No Name". Really want to make this happen at some point, but need a good Eastwood head obviously. Some sculpting to be done, I'm sure.

Medieval Knights. Still need to engineer a few things to make these happen, based on specific designs I'd like to tackle. Lots of sculpt work, no doubt.

Conan (Arnold). Want to revisit this one, with the idea of making the body resemble Arnold's build more so - along with an actual Arnold head (which I have). Definitely sculpt work, to get closer to his build.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I have to psyche myself up for paint, too. Especially intricate camouflage patterns. I find that once I get the base coat down things tend to go pretty well.

I don't think anyone knows how long it took me to work up to that set of Budo armor.

It's always hard for me to get going on painting too because sometimes it requires so much prep work before I can even start painting.