Retaliation Carded Pics

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The Joe Club has been releasing carded pics. I assume most of you guys have already seen them however I feel we should at least have a thread for them in case anybody wants to discuss them.

http://www.gijoeclub.com/

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Yea they could have picked a better picture of Roadrock.

I might grab the Duke figure... why? I dunno lol

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
"pull" the "ripcord" to get the "missiles" to "shoot"?

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
So what's going on between Roadblock and SE below the "GI Joe" logo? Special ninja training?

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
why does Duke have the Arashikage symbol after his name? It makes it look like it's now the official symbol of the Joes....

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
HA! I just noticed: The "Cobra Staff Fires Missile!" arrow is pointing to CC's crotch!

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
I don't mind Ninja's but I wish there were some Gi's in GI joe. Its funny how you can see hasbro just repeating the same shit over and over again. Really good stuff that turns to fluff and the whole thing gets canceled... 90's anyone?? That said, I think of the POC as the "golden age" of the modern Joe... and now its back to shitty accessories and random neon all over again

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Zartan's quiver of crossbow bolts will work with any figure equipped with such a weapon.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The whole package, regardless of laziness in reuse of the same backboard for all figures, is still terrible design.

Hasbro really cheaped the fuck out all around on this series.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The live-action actor pictures on the cards totally kill it for me. That's just not Joe in my mind. If they'd done 25th looking paintings of these guys that resembled the actors, maybe, but generic photo of the Rock does not make for appropriate GIJoe packaging. Yeah, and to top it off, they're not character specific. That's beyond lame.

Toothpic_Vic

Enlisted
Mar 8, 2012

Snake Eyes

Nyaaaanghhh, Snake Eyes! I like! Zip lines seems to be the theme with Retaliation. Wasn't there an 80s or 90s toy that had that gimmick? I remember it was cool. Forgot what it was called. It was smaller than 1:18th scale, closer to M.A.S.K scale.

Anyway, with this Retaliation line, if they make the accessories any bigger, Hasbro can target the age demographic that's younger than 4.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh, gee, look at that, a Snake Eyes that looks just like 3/4 of all the other SEs done in the last 5 years.

There were a couple of zip line toys in the Joe line. It's not the worst gimmick in the world, but yet Hasbro seems to louse it up somehow.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I think that if they were to actually make an effort on the card art it might improve things....maybe.

You don't see them cheaping out on the card art on SW figures, that would never happen. Has GI Joe become that reviled in Hasbros eyes?

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I think that if they were to actually make an effort on the card art it might improve things....maybe.

You don't see them cheaping out on the card art on SW figures, that would never happen. Has GI Joe become that reviled in Hasbros eyes?

maybe they are on purposely trying to drive away the collectors by making the card art look stupid and including gimmicky, oversized action accessories.

After all, kids are who are buying these, not adult collectors. :rolleyes: