Retaliation Carded Pics

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mmmmm, 30th Officer in black. Damn them for giving Duke that M16A1.

Hey, they come with stands.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I used that Dusty head in a custom for Duke and people told me it was too pretty boy for him.

Hasbro does it and people lose their shit.

The general public sucks.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
To be fair it looks much different unpainted. But I like that sculpt regardless and would be ok with them using it and the new Law head as the new "generic guy" head and retire that damned 25th Dusty or Hawk head that have been used too many times now.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I used that Dusty head in a custom for Duke and people told me it was too pretty boy for him.

Hasbro does it and people lose their shit.

The general public sucks.

Haha... The last line made me laugh. If it makes you feel any better, I don't much care for the figure being Duke. Doesn't look like Duke at all to me. I thought it looked like an updated Grunt when I first saw it. Fanboys do suck though.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I tamed the skin color on mine, and painted the hair as well.

Ah well. I swapped it with the second POC Duke head, and it's a better custom now anyways.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Haha... The last line made me laugh. If it makes you feel any better, I don't much care for the figure being Duke. Doesn't look like Duke at all to me. I thought it looked like an updated Grunt when I first saw it. Fanboys do suck though.

To me, it's Duke by name only. Looks like sorta-Zap or sorta-Grunt or generic greenshirt. It's a great figure for a greenshirt replacement, and I couldn't care less what they call it.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Yeah, "Duke" will end up donating his helmet, backpack straps, and belt to my custom fodder bin. It does make for a good greenshirt though. Much better than the ones that came in the TRU exclusive pack anyway.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I'll actually get those figures. What's this about "dollar-store" figures? You guys move too fast to keep up in this thread.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'll actually get those figures. What's this about "dollar-store" figures? You guys move too fast to keep up in this thread.

Hasbro is releasing at least 1 wave of figures to Dollar stores to sell at a lower price point than the figures in major retailers.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
THey're still gonna be high 4" retail. I imagine 6-8 bucks.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
That Green Shirt is suppose to be Duke? Meh, I guess. Duke figures have always been prone to look more like generic troops anyway so whatever. Since 25th Breakers arm broke off, and Steeler and Clutch both came with shitty arm sculpts, it looks like I'll be getting a few dukes from a dollar store this year. Too bad he comes with an M16 rather than an M4 carbine or a SCAR but I got extras left over from the Steel Brigade guys I got.

THey're still gonna be high 4" retail. I imagine 6-8 bucks.

Maybe, I would imagine that would depend on how much the Retaliation figures are going to be. If they're ten bucks then sure, but if they retail six or seven bucks at wal-mart then I'm not sure. The MU stuff did show up at Family Dollar for that much though so it's entirely possible. If Dollar Stores and Hasbro were smart they would not let them sell over five bucks, but you know how they can be.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That Green Shirt is suppose to be Duke? Meh, I guess. Duke figures have always been prone to look more like generic troops anyway so whatever. Since 25th Breakers arm broke off, and Steeler and Clutch both came with shitty arm sculpts, it looks like I'll be getting a few dukes from a dollar store this year. Too bad he comes with an M16 rather than an M4 carbine or a SCAR but I got extras left over from the Steel Brigade guys I got.

Maybe, I would imagine that would depend on how much the Retaliation figures are going to be. If they're ten bucks then sure, but if they retail six or seven bucks at wal-mart then I'm not sure. The MU stuff did show up at Family Dollar for that much though so it's entirely possible. If Dollar Stores and Hasbro were smart they would not let them sell over five bucks, but you know how they can be.

Love the M16A1, but I use it for non-modern customs. Hate it's packed with that lame Duke. The 8 dollar Family Dollar Thor is what I base my price assumptions on.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I figured Hasbro thought it was cool to let it slip since they're going to be in Dollar stores.

Let's be honest, plenty of unpainted necks even when Hasbro wasn't openly cutting corners.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I think the best thing about these dollar store figures is the fact that the Cobra Trooper is not just wearing a more tactical black color, but the fact that he has an AK. FINALLY something other than a dragunov!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think the best thing about these dollar store figures is the fact that the Cobra Trooper is not just wearing a more tactical black color, but the fact that he has an AK. FINALLY something other than a dragunov!

I wouldn't mind the SVDS (carbine variant? awe-some!) if they had, ya know, bothered to even remotely scale it properly. That thing has been sucking since '07, time to lose the mold in the South China Sea.

Only need one DMR in a squad anyway. Both officers and troopers should have been coming with rifles/smgs the whole time. It was a mistake in '83 and they keep doing it, presumably for "nostalgia".

True. Maybe think they have a legitimate reason this time, lol.

True enough!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Indeed. Gonna hoard 'em like STs. May get some for trade fodder after they dry up.

If the price is good. I'm sure these are gonna be 8 bucks.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
any word on when these should be out in force in the U.S?

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Which dollar store are these supposed to be at?

I don't think it has been established officially, but Dollar General around here has had the old single O-ring figures for $3.00 for quite awhile...I am hoping there...

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
Big Lots has also had some of the non-O-ring figures, like parachute Scarlett, and some 2-packs.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Dollar General, Family Dollar and drug stores is what I'm reading from pretty reliable places.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I miiiiiiiiiight be getting my hands on a set of these a little early...not 100% sure yet though.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I got 4 Roadblocks off of ebay. I had $50 in ebay bucks that was about to expire and he was selling them for $12 a piece. I'll share pics of them when they get here.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
They'd be coming from the Philippines, so by the time I get them, they might already be out here...but I will let you know for sure MW.