Super 7 & Funko ReAction

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Sign me up for those. They should at least be better than ReAction. And probably at least half a dozen of those white walkers.

Kind of an odd choice if that is wave 1 though... They also said there would be a "Wall" playset.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015

There ya go. I brainfarted at first and thought it was a McF mini-set. I'm very curious about the back side. I think I would've preferred a section with the pass-through gate, tho.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're actually kind of charming in their own way. And now you don't have to drop a C-note on a 1:18 Powerloader.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Yeah, I was hoping for at least full arm artic. The sculpts look better than their usual ReAction dreck, but they won't be worth anything more than hacking fodder. I've got a couple Army of Darkness Deadites that could be good for upgrading the White Walker, and Tyrion should work well with any one of the Hobbit midgets you want to use (I'm thinking Thorin). The Fantasy HACKS will need at least one dwarf in their company.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Like the "lost" Alien line, these too make sense for this 5 PoA, retro style. If these had come out in God's Own Scale in 1982 they would have looked exactly like this.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
They would have looked like that if made by Kenner; not if they'd have been made by Hasbro, Mego, or RemCo. This 5poa nostalgia fad is based on horseshit and nothing more than a scam for lazy toymakers to get easy cash.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
I'm not a fan of most of the reaction line, but I'm interested in the masters of the universe figures. I'll probably get them.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Ddin't MEZCO release a line of 1:18th Hellboy figures six or so years back? I remember the one of Hellboy being very good, correct to film and with a jacket that didn't hinder movement.

Unless you mean accurate to the comic book.

And as far as using the ReAction powerloader in my Aliens universe...we shall see.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ddin't MEZCO release a line of 1:18th Hellboy figures six or so years back? I remember the one of Hellboy being very good, correct to film and with a jacket that didn't hinder movement.

They did, but weren't they on the short side?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Little bit of everything Funko.
The new Game of Thrones line will NOT be reaction, they are considered a different line with more poa.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tbJFOGGAAow"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tbJFOGGAAow[/ame]

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Funko posted a tentative release schedule for this year's lines.

Aliens - 3 pack Power Loader, Alien Queen & Ripley (6.15.16)
Chucky - July 2016
Nightmare Before Christmas Series 2 - July 2016
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - August 2016
Addams Family - Late summer/early fall 2016
E.T. - Late summer/early fall 2016
Dark Crystal - August 2016
Back to the Future 2 - Late summer/early fall 2016
Star Trek: The Next Generation (Wave 1) - Fall 2016
The A-Team - Fall 2016
American Psycho - Fall/winter 2016
The Godfather (Wave 1) - Fall/winter 2016

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Addams Family? TV or films?
I've been watching The A-Team lately, and I really want figures. Not these kind, though.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Addams Family? TV or films?
I've been watching The A-Team lately, and I really want figures. Not these kind, though.

Classic Addams Family TV not the 90s movies.
I still have some of my vintage A-Team figures. I'm not too interested in those either. Maybe Mr. T but I doubt i'd get any of the other figures.

I do plan on getting these though
Chucky - July 2016
E.T. - Late summer/early fall 2016
Dark Crystal - August 2016
Star Trek: The Next Generation (Wave 1) - Fall 2016 (aliens)

Maybe depending on the characters
Addams Family - Late summer/early fall 2016
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - August 2016
Nightmare Before Christmas Series 2 - July 2016

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I did get that ReActivator figure from Amok Time. Not too impressed with the sculpt. It was really rough.

I do like that it kind of looks like Steven Colbert holding the severed head of Jon Stewart. I'll have him hang out with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Bummer. Got no interest in TV Addams Family. I'm thinking of grabbing NECA's Clubber Lang and sending the head off to Contraband. To hell with it, I'll make Mr. T.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Liz was on the smallish side but the other 3 were pretty good. I'll dig em out next week for some comparison pics. I did break the legs on Wink though due to their weak leg ball pin joints.

Here is a picture of Liz. She is really small. I didn't find the other 3 yet but I'll add comparison pics with them as well. You'll have to excuse all the extra crap in the pic. everything is still in disarray from moving.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
No more ALIEN figures. :(

Bill and Ted sounds interesting, but it's not like they'll be able to hold a guitar properly if they come with one.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
She's probably the most extreme example in my collection (rivaled only by the GoodSmile Motoko Kusanagi) , but I kinda like Liz being so tiny. Some real chicks are that tiny and a collection looks better when the figures aren't all identically-heighted.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's not just height, she doesn't look scaled properly at all. Amy Pond there fits the "short chick" slot pretty well.

Another figure that had knackered proportions was Slave Leia.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
It's not just height, she doesn't look scaled properly at all. Amy Pond there fits the "short chick" slot pretty well.

Another figure that had knackered proportions was Slave Leia.

All Leias now-a-days are way too small. The most recent Yavin IV ceremony Leia is super tiny.

Liz works fine as a background character.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Apologies for the subjects, but Liz is perfectly within human norms (except for her too-long forearms and too-small head - but *everyone* makes heads too small):

Shit, she's even in heels!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Like I said, it the proportions that kill her. Snookie's a short stack of shit, but she's proportioned correctly The Liz figure ain't, but like the_Archivist said, stick the bitch in the background. She's fine as crowd-filler.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Funko doesn't do the Alien figures. That is a Super7 property.

Sorry about that, I keep crediting Funko with the ALIEN line. I don't think Super7 has said they will continue that line have they? I seem to remember you asked them once?

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Sorry about that, I keep crediting Funko with the ALIEN line. I don't think Super7 has said they will continue that line have they? I seem to remember you asked them once?

Its a weird relationship with the Alien stuff. I'm not sure who exactly does what there. I think Super7 designs the Alien stuff and Funko distributes them as opposed to like the MOTU, Hell Boy, etc and the convention exclusives.

The only thing I have heard was the con-exclusive neon set. no word on regular releases for those.