The 50th Anniversary

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Since apparently the 50th Anniversary of these plastic figures is coming up, do you all think there will be an actual plan to release something?

If Hasbro can get their shit together, and actually come through on whatever they're planning, things could look good for the line.

....but as we all know, Hasbro has it's head rammed extremely far up their own asses. Look at what they said back at one of the many cons, promises of ramping up production, getting new product out, and then the disappearance of the Night Landing Craft. I believe that if Hasbro does in fact release the Concept figures (which will be one hell of a miracle) it would be a sincerely great thing for Gijoe.

What's the opinion from you guys? Are we collectively fucked?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Last year (aside from a few Discount figures) was the first time in nearly 50 years Joe didn't have some kind of presence at Christmas.

We will see something, will it be POC version 2 or something else we probably won't know till feb Toy show.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I won't hold my breath for a great roll out.

I'd be happy with just cv Gung Ho, to be honest. It's too much to hope for a modern interpretation of the '94 30th Anniversary set.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
promises of ramping up production, getting new product out

All indications point to that being accurate. Look at how many times HTS alone has restocked. Hasbro has said 3.5 and 4 were meant to be available through the holidays. So it wasn't all going to be put out at once.

They've also said they have some surprises in store for 2014. I'm sure there will be reveals at Toyfair for the next line up of figures. The reason there wasn't already anything in the works is because they were waiting to see of the Retaliation stuff worked out before deciding on what direction to go. Personally I feel like it will be another POC style line. Modern updates with classic designs worked in.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That'd be nice. Frankly at this point I'm perfectly happy with the line being run through HTS and other online places. I don't need retail support, since I never go to retail stores anymore looking for toys anyway.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I could see those 7 packs that have been rumored a few times showing up with a 50th sticker slapped on the package. Especially if they go for the reworked Gungho, Flint, LJ from the vault. Maybe another Past and Present set...other than that, I doubt it.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
The bird in my ear is saying that they've virtually shut the entire line down and will only bring it out with film/TV tie-ins to push the product. So, I don't think there will be much at retail.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There's a better cast LJ head available. I'm really only buying it for the torso and arms.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're made in China, of course they're gonna show up there first. :trollface: In all likelihood these are first-run cast offs. What you see is what you get.

Brickhead

Enlisted
May 9, 2014
Southern Maryland
www.flickr.com

Give her a Baby Ruth cause she looks like Sloth! Hey you guys!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No, its not. I'm thinking of combining the two together.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You won't get much support for that "plain and unimaginative" bullshit. You have those stupid fucking Retaliation Alley Vipers in your sig though, so we don't expect you to "get it". *shrugs*

:trollface:

Reactions: MAJOR BLOOD

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Get out of here with that relativist bullshit! Relativism can suck it! Stop being a pussy and stand up for what you actually believe is true (even if it might be wrong) like a man!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
But Monkey Wrench, adding Camo would increase production costs by a minute little bit! And we wouldn't want Hasbro investing petty amounts of money to insure quality in the franchise that practically made saved the company from extinction.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
While these very well could be the actual items we get, I won't get all boohoo till we see real samples.

I'm of the camp that thinks there could be the possibility that these are "oops" rejects. For example, the Viper has zero paint apps, Leatherneck is missing the camo, etc. Those LJ eyes! Dear Lord.

Now, I'll fully admit that Hasbro's QC lately has been in the shitter across all brands, so it very well could be what we get. But again, Viperskingdom has gotten production samples and other discarded bits in the past, so who knows.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
That may very well be true, but I'm going to remain pessimistic until release.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Knowing Hasbro, them cheapening out is the more likely scenario...but who knows, they've surprised us on occasion...