The 50th Anniversary

G.I. Zmo

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2011
Then i don't know what the fuck i was looking... :-/
Thanks, guys, now i have to buy that set. :D
Is anybody here, who is willing to hunt down one or two for me? :)

Brickhead

Enlisted
May 9, 2014
Southern Maryland
www.flickr.com
None of the TRU stores in my area have them yet. Not that I'm hurting for them... but damn. Distribution is really pathetic for Maryland. All I want to do really is get some of those Lady jay + Baroness 2 packs. The weapons would be nice too...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I got mine tonight from BBTS. 3X of the HEAT-Viper set (ARAH-F.A.G.!:rainbow:) and 1 each of the 3-packs, and the DATD urban set. I actually got really good paint apps on all mine, especially Leatherneck! The pics I've seen all look like shit, but even my HEAT-Vipers looked decent (purple is awful but their helmets are way better than the ones I found in-person at TRU).

I think I'll get a Stinger sticker set off CobraStickers.com and deco up the urban VAMP MkII and donate it to my Shock-Troopers or something. The only reason I got it was for the blue Night Landing Craft.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Saw more 2-packs today, still havent seen any 3-packs around here.

Anyone want my sdcc vamp?

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive 1-3 weeks from BBTS is the estimate for air mail (rather than paying out the ass for FASTER).

By that time everyone will have them, and I'll be late to the party. Muh Suffering.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
They still haven't hit my area.

I did get the 3 packs from BBTS. I still haven't opened them yet.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I think I'll get a Stinger sticker set off CobraStickers.com and deco up the urban VAMP MkII and donate it to my Shock-Troopers or something. The only reason I got it was for the blue Night Landing Craft.

MR is Cobra Blue, that's who!!

:drum:

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
I picked up the only 50th item they had at the Nashua NH TRU. Got the Low-Light 2 pack. havent opened it yet but that NV is going to get a new paint job the second he leaves his plastic bubble.

So far thats all to report round here.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
At this point all of the TRU stores near me are overflowing with 2 packs and both vehicle sets. I bought a couple of the Danger at the Docks sets and one of the Battle Below Zero and 2 of each of the 2 and 3 packs. I don't mind helping out if anyone is having trouble finding anything.

Brickhead

Enlisted
May 9, 2014
Southern Maryland
www.flickr.com
At this point all of the TRU stores near me are overflowing with 2 packs and both vehicle sets. I bought a couple of the Danger at the Docks sets and one of the Battle Below Zero and 2 of each of the 2 and 3 packs. I don't mind helping out if anyone is having trouble finding anything.

I'm in need of the social clash 2 pack... that's about it. Whenever that drops...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I found a lot of Danger at Dock-Side Bar sets and one 3-pack with Beach-Head. No 2-packs in Lexington.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
For anyone wanting to touch up their HEAT-Vipers, a guy at HT (name escapes me at the moment) listed a color thst is almost spot-on for that purple.

Citadel Xereus Purple

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007SBBDUU/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_dp_1"]Citadel Layer Paints: Xereus Purple:Amazon:Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jTV4FdrOL.@@AMEPARAM@@51jTV4FdrOL[/ame]

Also, the brown camo on Leatherneck is damn near spot-on to Tamiya Khaki Drab.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009ACUHYI?pc_redir=1406380635&robot_redir=1"]Tamiya Flat Acrylic Paint Mini 10ml Khaki Drab XF51:Amazon:Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MyAAbExHL.@@AMEPARAM@@41MyAAbExHL[/ame]

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Well, I bought my first real new retail Joes for the first time in years. I bought two of the 50th 3 packs. Wow, I really like Leatherneck, Beachhead and Gen. Hawk. The Cobras look pretty cool as well.

What would make me finally rekindle interest in Joes? My kids. They are finally interested after I gave them some of my leftovers and we watched the videos from the cartoon sets. What's crazy is that my youngest girls are the most into it. I even had to re-purchase a couple Lady Jayes and Scarletts and a Flint for them to play with. I have also won a Tomahawk (whatever they're calling it these days) on eBay.

I've been giving them more figures and/or vehicles every few weeks for a couple months now. More goodies for me... er, them to play with. :fuckit:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That's really cool Dan! Funny that they zero in on the characters with a romantic connection...Flint and LJ...do they also like Destro and Baroness? Mainframe and Zarana? Shipwreck and Mara(?)? Snakeyes/Duke and Scarlet? Girls... :rolleyes: :D

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
That's really cool Dan! Funny that they zero in on the characters with a romantic connection...Flint and LJ...do they also like Destro and Baroness? Mainframe and Zarana? Shipwreck and Mara(?)? Snakeyes/Duke and Scarlet? Girls... :rolleyes: :D

What's funny is that it's just Flint and LJ that they like. They think Destro and Baroness are "gross" and I don't think they've really picked up on the more subtle Duke/Scarlett fling.

We watched Arise Serpentor Arise together last night and they thought Cobra Commander's high pitched and Baroness's low pitched voices were hilarious. It's a lot of fun sharing this with my kids (finally). It almost makes up for how cheesy those old cartoons are... :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Have you had them watch any of the other classic toons? Superfriends? MOTU? Transformers? TMNT might be good considering there's a (horrible looking) movie in theaters right now...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Have you had them watch any of the other classic toons? Superfriends? MOTU? Transformers? TMNT might be good considering there's a (horrible looking) movie in theaters right now...

I was sort of trying to get my son to check out Transformers from back in the day when they used to run reruns on Hub. He didn't really take the bait and was more into the flashy Transformers Prime that was on for a while, but he's over it. He's all about fast cars and airplanes right now. GI Joe is "cool" right now, or at least the airplanes are. I haven't tried to introduce any of the other heroes from my childhood to them, but we are all pretty big fans of the current Marvel/Shield/Avengers universe.

JMM82

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2011
St. Louis, Mo.
As much as I like the new Leatherneck figure, his size is a little too large, and it's especially noticeable when he's standing next to the older Leatherneck figure. A little taller is one thing, but he looks like he's the size of Bigfoot in that picture! Was he really that much taller than the other Joes in the old cartoons?

The new Repeater and Red Dog figures are the same height as the new Leatherneck. I can understand Red Dog being taller and bigger since he was a former football player, and Hasbro wanted to make him that way in the new line. I get that. But the old Repeater was the same height as his fellow Joes in the ARAH line, as was Leatherneck. They were never any taller back then as they are now.

Repeater has that humongous machine gun, and I guess Hasbro wanted to make him larger to be able to handle such a large weapon. But these figures are almost too much larger when standing next to the other "standard" size Joe figures.

Last edited:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I don't remember the Roadblock it's based on being that big...but I guess it was.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Friends don't let friends scale creep...although for real life purposes...that would be like Darthdre standing next to fogger...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
As much as I like the new Leatherneck figure, his size is a little too large, and it's especially noticeable when he's standing next to the older Leatherneck figure. A little taller is one thing, but he looks like he's the size of Bigfoot in that picture! Was he really that much taller than the other Joes in the old cartoons?

The new Repeater and Red Dog figures are the same height as the new Leatherneck. I can understand Red Dog being taller and bigger since he was a former football player, and Hasbro wanted to make him that way in the new line. I get that. But the old Repeater was the same height as his fellow Joes in the ARAH line, as was Leatherneck. They were never any taller back then as they are now.

Repeater has that humongous machine gun, and I guess Hasbro wanted to make him larger to be able to handle such a large weapon. But these figures are almost too much larger when standing next to the other "standard" size Joe figures.

I think it's just because that Dwayne Johnson body is so new. I think The people slapping these figures together are just experimenting with what they have. As soon as new sculpts come out (whenever that will be) we'll see less of the Johnson body.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
If anyone wants to sell-trade his SDCC danger at the docks, I would be more than interested.

(mostly interested in Flint, Eel and vamp.)