The 50th Anniversary

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Lol.

That Destro needs some new legs...his knees are way too skinny.

That's part of the reason why I didn't like the Joe troopers from Retaliation.

Damn Destro is huge. Why are they making them so much bigger?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That's part of the reason why I didn't like the Joe troopers from Retaliation.

Damn Destro is huge. Why are they making them so much bigger?

Destro was always a huge dude. He was big as shit in the Sunbow cartoon, so the 50th figure is exactly the size I want him to be.

Leatherneck on the other hand, yeah, he's about a head too tall. I don't think people's annoyance is misplaced in him being about 15% too big. I'm fine with Roadblock, Repeater, Slaughter, Rock N Roll and even Gung-Ho being some of the larger Joes, but while LN was big, he wasn't THAT big.

Some guy at HT replaced the torso with a tiny one and it doesn't look too great. Kind of like you just crammed his legs up into his vest, haha. There's no easy fix, without needing to do some cutting I don't think.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Lady Jaye packs are on TRU.com. As much as I want the figure I just can't justify the cost for a figure I have no use for in Baroness.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Are there any variants of the 50th Leatherneck? I just found a 3-pack with a Leatherneck figure that doesn't use the Dawyne Johnson body and new vest. I'll post pics when I get home.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
I've picked up some of them, the two three packs and the Lady Jaye/ Baroness set. I got a derpy eyed Jaye, but I swapped the head with the one from the dvd set and I'm happy with it. I liked her better without the hat anyway. But yeah, I'm not scrambling looking for the figs anymore. I mean, I'd be happy if they carried the line on, or revamped it into something a little more modern, but right now I'm good with a break.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I got two Lady Jaye packs from Greg at Con. She's a nice figure. I mostly wanted her legs. I'll have to swap the feet though.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Oh my god my phone camera is ass. I suspect this was a custom someone did, and then swaped out for the 50th version. I think that person may have been delusional.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I should have bought it. It looked like a decent custom.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I got two Lady Jaye packs from Greg at Con. She's a nice figure. I mostly wanted her legs. I'll have to swap the feet though.

Shock Trooper legs. At this point you can get a set from Vortious for $9.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Yup, shiny head Destro.

I don't think he bought it, just saw it in store.

Repackers should be beaten. Kid begs parents for new set for birthday. Parents have no clue what they looking at. Buy it, kids bday ruined. Damn asshat repackers.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yup, shiny head Destro.

I don't think he bought it, just saw it in store.

Repackers should be beaten. Kid begs parents for new set for birthday. Parents have no clue what they looking at. Buy it, kids bday ruined. Damn asshat repackers.

Ah, missed that detail. :grumpy:

Yeah, repackers are worse than just plain old thieves. Just fucking steal it, you jackoff, instead of going through all the horseshit to get a $8 figure for "free". What a twat. I'm sure the idiot posted his custom on HT, too.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Ah, missed that detail. :grumpy:

Yeah, repackers are worse than just plain old thieves. Just fucking steal it, you jackoff, instead of going through all the horseshit to get a $8 figure for "free". What a twat. I'm sure the idiot posted his custom on HT, too.

So right! HissTank.com - G.I. Joe - Badgumbo's Album: Custom G.I. Joe Figures - Picture

Everything looks to match. Look at right knee cap. Identical.

I just googled GI Joe leatherneck customs, hit images and found it in a minute

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Different hands though. Looking at it on my phone. Didn't notice that right away. Still think it is the same one.

Unless someone copied his recipe including paint tones and camo spots, it's definitely the same figure.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm convinced that's the same figure. It even has the same crack in the seam of the the upper left leg. Holy shit we need to call him out on that!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
What if the person who made it, sold it to someone else, and that person is the one who is a repacker? All I know is, someone in Lexington Kentucky is a repacker.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
There was a customizer on the tank that talked about repacking their customs not long after the 25th. I can't remember who it was though. Not surprisingly most didn't like the idea.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Weird, I like badgumbo, too. From conversing with him, he doesn't seem like the type to be a repacker. That's one of the better Leatherneck customs, too! Why the fuck would anyone repack that?

*EDIT*

It's definitely the exact same custom, whether it was badgumbo or someone he sold it to. They swapped out the hands, but that could just be because they needed the hands for something else. But it's definitely the same damn figure, haha.

Repacker Thread and Rants - Page 48 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe

Last edited: