The 50th Anniversary

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nope. Joecon is where they'll unleash the mediocrity. To much fanfare.

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
I'd like to see the Concept Case Rock n Roll released for the parts and a new head sculpt. Would also like to see CC Hit n Run mainly for the lower arms. This guy would be pretty cool for the parts too-

Edit- Him vs Shock Trooper 2 pack and I'd be broke.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd like to see the Concept Case Rock n Roll released for the parts and a new head sculpt. Would also like to see CC Hit n Run mainly for the lower arms. This guy would be pretty cool for the parts too-

Pfft, that would be too logical for Hasbro. I mostly want GH for that M69 flak jacket, and I hope the buck is big enough for my long-stunted Omega Red project.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
No, the original use of the mold was the best mass-market Baroness we ever got. Hasbro's shoddy QC screwed it up this go 'round.
And no, I probably won't take him up on it. I haven't even removed mine from the card.

Good call.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com

CC Hit & Run is being done by the club in the FSS.
That guy was Law & Order doubtful Hasbro would make it again.
Your best hope is CC Rock N Roll. CC Gung-Ho too.
I expect the same effort as 50th this time around.

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
CC Hit & Run is being done by the club in the FSS.
That guy was Law & Order doubtful Hasbro would make it again.
Your best hope is CC Rock N Roll. CC Gung-Ho too.
I expect the same effort as 50th this time around.

The FSS don't help me none. I just want better availability of those parts. And they don't have to call that other guy Law neither- there's half a dozen other MP/ SWAT characters they could choose from or *gasp* create a new character. I just want the parts.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I don't why I ever thought Leatherneck would be able to fit inside the Vamp MKII. I just figured it was roomy enough because it was bigger. I wonder how weird these figures would look with shorter legs. He can barely fit in the Eagle-hawk. Is Gung-Ho really just as tall? Never mind I already know the answer . . . I don't know why I bothered talking about this. Freaking scale creep.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't why I ever thought Leatherneck would be able to fit inside the Vamp MKII. I just figured it was roomy enough because it was bigger. I wonder how weird these figures would look with shorter legs. He can barely fit in the Eagle-hawk. Is Gung-Ho really just as tall? Never mind I already know the answer . . . I don't know why I bothered talking about this. Freaking scale creep.

Pics I saw had LN taller than Gung Ho. Gonna be a lot of female drivers around here.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Pics I saw had LN taller than Gung Ho. Gonna be a lot of female drivers around here.

ok, Gung-Ho might be able to squeeze in, but it's probably not worth doing seeing how his head will definitely get the paint scuffed in the process.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Glad I shipped out Gung Ho

If they recolor him in a more military style I'd buy him in a heart beat but I don't want turquoise sitting around waiting to be painted.

Shadow guard will grow on me if I take him out of the package. Must ship him out soon :)

Had an idea for the croc master, (Switch out head with red mask trooper to make croc trooper) but will only do it if I get him cheap. Probably will hold out till a sale or clearance.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Someone should be kicked in the dick for making the only figure with all-new parts the shortpack. That wasn't just foolish, it was spiteful. Figures should be on shelves or in stock at stores for 3-4 months minimum, not gone within hours or days. I guess keeping stock on hand costs too much but folks can't buy shit that isn't available.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Someone should be kicked in the dick for making the only figure with all-new parts the shortpack. That wasn't just foolish, it was spiteful. Figures should be on shelves or in stock at stores for 3-4 months minimum, not gone within hours or days. I guess keeping stock on hand costs too much but folks can't buy shit that isn't available.

Sure as hell feels like it. Cobra Commander looks like a bag of hammer-smashed assholes, and my disdain for the CM/BT pack has been well-publicized. Those two should have been the short-packs.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I just want SS and Spirit 2 pack (got it and already tore them apart and am working on them), the suppressed MP5 from Firefly, a Gung Ho head and vest and a Sightline just because Gary was a friend...otherwise - I am not interested in the rest...likely will end up with casts of the parts I want...sightline could be pricey.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Using TRU.com inventory the Croc Master pack is the best selling 2-pack. It still sucks though.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Checked TRU tonight...5 Spirit SS packs, 2 Blow Crock and 3 CoCo Wreck...no GH for me yet.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I might be heading to a TRU today, but I really don't want to go because what's the fucking point? They aren't going to have the two items I want to buy. It'll be a wasted trip.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Nothing really drawing me to go searching, as my kids have moved on to other toys than GI Joes for the moment. When they swing back or toward the holidays, I'll probably be at TRU and will check out what they have then.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Apparently these are on sale this week. $10 for 2-packs and $15 for 3-fers at TrU.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
But you have to go to TRU and waste your time looking at the leftovers that have been there for the past however many months collecting dust? Yeah, no.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mine only had the 3 packs on sale. Only had Spirit and Stormshadow for 2 packs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've not even seen Gung Ho, at regular or Hasting's absurd mark-up prices.