The 50th Anniversary

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Gumbo pm'd me and said he didn't do it. He said he lives in Atlanta , GA and the guy he sold it to also lives in that area and he doesn't know how it ended up in Lexington, KY. He also said he has pm'd the purchaser and asked him wtf , but doesn't expect a reply.

Oh, like I said earlier, it makes more sense that it's a patron. Just how some of them approached me and what they are obsessed with fits their MO.

I sort of now want to repack my customs as a Robin Hood of GI Joe fans.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
Oh, like I said earlier, it makes more sense that it's a patron. Just how some of them approached me and what they are obsessed with fits their MO.

I sort of now want to repack my customs as a Robin Hood of GI Joe fans.

I believe him to be telling he truth. He had always seemed to be a straight forward kind of guy and I don't see him goin through the trouble of repacking a figure he could make or easily get in trade. He did spark my curiosity. He mentioned his new passion and it isn't Joe customs . I need to asking him what he is working on and tell him to post the pics here instead of on HT.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I have a box in the basement (using it to prop up my radio :D) that was "returned to sender"d to me after I sent it out...it mysteriously came back to me a month or two later...but that was probably five years ago. I was pretty sure, but not 100%, that the person I sent it to was badgumbo...I got that week long ban from HT around that time and decided to never go back, so there was no way for me check into why I got the package returned to me. But the address on the box is in fact from Atlanta GA, so that part of gumbos story checks out...what doesn't is why I got the package back. It cost me almost $11 to send it out! No way I was footing that bill again. :grumpy:

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
The latest from his holy impotence the magnificent Sargent Major :

If your commentary was based solely on that, there wouldn't be an issue. Since you felt the need to say stupidity such as "nothing better than a weekend lynching" and/or "grab the pitch forks"...all you're doing is gathering an internet posse. Of course, there are others that jump right on that band wagon like "YEAH! GET'EM!"...its ridiculous.

You're more than welcome to call the person out for repacking. Like I've said numerous times in this thread - Contact Bad Gumbo, see who he sold it to then approach that person DIRECTLY.

If you, or anyone else isn't willing to address the issue directly then MOVE ON.

I thought it to be obvious that comment was meant as sarcasm. Is it really possible to lynch anyone on the internet? If so what good would a pitchfork do ? I'm sorry if you took the comments to be literal. They were not intended that way. It seems like sometimes you troll the threads looking for villans when there are none.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
Sometimes, to continue being an internet tough guy, you have to create problems. You gotta feed your own undeserved ego or starve.

Yeah well he banned me from the thread AGAIN probably so he could have the last word so I sent him a pm and now I'm banned. I guess it's easier to ignore everyone else than it is to accept the reality that being an internet moderator doesn't grant you superpowers in the real world. I picture him sitting at his desk, be it at work or in his moms basement, wearing all black with a long black trench coat and dark sunglasses pretending to be Neo re-writing the Matrix every time he banishes someone.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
Here is the pm I sent him:
Why is it that you feel the need to block me from the discussion after you have your last word ? I LOL @ the irony of you claiming how others are so tough on the internet, but you are so afraid of a dialogue that you block or ban anyone who makes any attempt at actual discussion. I wonder how tough you would be of you didn't have your imaginary moderator powers that make you an internet superhero. You have pushed away most everyone who had made any type of contribution to the conversation to where all that is left are " let's count -----" and "who's the 123,826,432th greatest GiJoe " threads . Next time you post some bull like that you should make sure it isn't exactly what everyone already thinks about you behind you back but won't say it because they know that you will just banish them for not bowing before your pathetic impotence.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah well he banned me from the thread AGAIN probably so he could have the last word so I sent him a pm and now I'm banned. I guess it's easier to ignore everyone else than it is to accept the reality that being an internet moderator doesn't grant you superpowers in the real world. I picture him sitting at his desk, be it at work or in his moms basement, wearing all black with a long black trench coat and dark sunglasses pretending to be Neo re-writing the Matrix every time he banishes someone.

The truth? Little man complex. I've met him once at a gathering and he seemed pretty cool. But it seems like "the power" has gone to his head and he's gotten so d!ckish that no one likes him. He's p!ssing off too many people with this tough guy act. *shrugs*

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Hisstank Mods detecting disturbance in the Internet

I still remember my first banning. He dug up my Shapeways thread that was buried 10 pages, then publicly scolded me for violating rule 21574-43, though it doesn't apply to me, and closed it down.

He could have just locked it, pm me politely like a human being and moved on. But he needed to make it a public shaming so this dead thread shot to the top and defeated the purpose of locking it, just so he could get off.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Fuck that guy. I would love to see him in person some day and just punch him in his mouth. He would probably sue me but man it would be worth it. The little fella thinks he's so tough behind his keyboard.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
If we ever hang out I'd actually appreciate that treatment:trollface: as long as it's not cold!!

I'm thinking of PMing him to get an explanation of why I got an infraction,just to see. I posted an incomplete,non threatening,factual statement!! crazy!

How many infractions does it take to get banned? He's given me 2 so far...may have to stop posting for a while till they wear off,or whatnot..I talk to a few people over there..

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It actually doesn't require you to anything wrong either. All you have to do is not be 100% loyal to HT to Hasbro and that's a good enough reason.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
TRU now requires a photo ID to return anything. I returned some shit the other night (I'm the Bay Area Repacker, LOLZ) so I wonder if that's one of their reasons for doing that now? Seemed really weird, but it's apparently their new policy.
I really don't care for TRU to have my driver's license info especially in this era of stolen personal data.
My TRU Rewards card number should be enough.

Next you go back, it'll be right back on the shelve. They don't care.
I'm sure it will be. I once showed an employee a opened box where the figure was gone but the accessories remained(at Kohl's & at Walmart). It was so blatantly shoplifted it was obvious. It was right back on the peg the next time I went to those stores. Monetarily it's just not worth it to them either. I've given up on reporting them.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I really don't care for TRU to have my driver's license info especially in this era of stolen personal data.
My TRU Rewards card number should be enough.

The TRU Rewards card number is enough unless you have returned a few things within a certain time period. Using the Rewards card number allows them to look up a purchase within their system & if its a return refund the card it was purchased on. (Unless its a gift reciept then you'd get a gift card.)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Even with a receipt and the original card it was purchased with, AND a Rewards #, they require a photo ID for any returns now. At least that's my store's policy, which is horseshit.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If you have a Hastings you may want to check there. I noticed the 2 packs at the local one.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Your right. I noticed that they have G.I. Joe stuff at Hastings, it's where I got Lady Jay.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
FUCK THE WORLD! However, with Shipping, your really only saving about two dollars at most. $17.20 for a single two-pack.

Last edited:

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Well that's good but they have the wrong pictures with Social Clash & Arctic Ambush.
OK checked the descriptions and UPC is right. So go by the PICTURE not the description.
It's not like my TRU will get any of the new ones any time soon. Thanks for making tons of Blowtorches no one wants Hasbro!

UPC for Arctic Ambush 630509255047
Social Clash 630509255054

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'd rather buy the vintage versions of Blow-Torch and the HEAT Viper. They seem like they're more poseable and better painted.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I was over to TRU the other night with a combined $8 off and couldn't pull the trigger on any one of the 5 or so remaining poorly designed, poorly painted BT/HV set (pretty much all they had left of the two packs). And $40 for the snow vehicles (one of which is just a repaint)... nope.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Those Wolf Jobs are going to go on clearance either this summer or next.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I finally got around to stickering up some of my 50th vehicles (my 3 VAMP MkIIs) and unpackaging some of my 50th figures to put into baggies to clear up some space.

Both my Lady Jayes had equally 'tarded eyes, so I'll have to figure out something for that. She also only has one eyebrow, which drives me nuts. Then there's those worthless goddamn Baronesses. (If anyone wants the Baroness figures, hit me up via PM. I'll literally mail the fuckers to you if you cover shipping.)

There's also the Ice B.A.T.s that I bought 3 of, and have no idea why. They cheaped out like crazy on the paint apps. They didn't even bother painting the robotic necks or back-techy-bits, and on one of mine, the white grenade strap was covered in tacky paint, so I had to strip it. I think I'll end up repainting the strap the same white color, but adding in the robotic bits that needed painting, including the holster straps on the upper legs. Fairly lazy, overall.

It also annoys me that we got more of that fucking POC Snowjob. I think I'm going to use one or 2 for parts, but if anyone wants one, same deal as the Baronesses... Hit me up via PM and I'll ship you at least one Snowjob and Blowtorch for free, just cover the shipping.

(I know, who's clamoring for either of those figures, right?)

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
(I know, who's clamoring for either of those figures, right?)

I wouldn't be surprised if KT takes you up on that, especially for the Baroness. He seems to think it's the best version of her ever. Personally I think the headsculpt looks weird. Mine had a splash of silver paint on her side boob too, so thanks Hasbro, for not having quality control.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No, the original use of the mold was the best mass-market Baroness we ever got. Hasbro's shoddy QC screwed it up this go 'round.
And no, I probably won't take him up on it. I haven't even removed mine from the card.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
None of these figures even seem remotely good/useful to me.

I think I might have seen them once at TRU but never even thought about buying them.

What the hell happened? That last Retaliation line of figures was mostly great.. did they blow their whole wad on that for the next like 4 years?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The 50th was mostly a half-hearted effort. A couple of concept case figures paired with a bunch of shit no one really wanted, all finished off with the cheapest plastic and most non-existent quality control they could find.

2015's offerings, should there be any, will likely follow suit. As long as they release cc Gung Ho and don't pack him with too shitty of a figure (probably be Cock Master) the year won't be a complete loss.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That Gung-Ho and a better Duke are all I'm hoping to see. A new Hawk if we're lucky, and a few newbies and more redos of 25th figures with newer library parts would be welcome (so long as they're using existing GOOD parts and not wasting new tooling, it's better than repacks of trash nobody wanted like Blowtorch.)

I expect to see something new since they're going to JoeCon at least, but my hopes ain't high.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I'm keeping a pretty pessimistic view on what they might actually do. Saves of disappointment.