The 50th Anniversary

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Lol! that's awesome! he'll talk his way out of it,lol. I'm pretty sure HT wouldn't allow any confrontations,..I say pretty sure,cause they snuck the "would you eff an action figure" thread by me:trollface:

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
They removed me from the conversation for abuse. I guess busting a repacker is considered flaming. It's a shame really, you would think that they would want to drive away people like that instead of the people who call them out on their dishonest practices.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
That's HT for ya. Abuse has nothing to do with what is right or wrong. It has to do with the perception of the people in charge.

It probably has to do with the fact that the bust originated here. They don't like us much.

kt174

Assaulter
Oct 20, 2013
Carolinas
That's HT for ya. Abuse has nothing to do with what is right or wrong. It has to do with the perception of the people in charge.

It probably has to do with the fact that the bust originated here. They don't like us much.

I know I missed the boat on this, but what is HT's problem with the 118th? This is a great site, a bunch of guys, it is probably a bunch of nonsense why they dont like the 118th, lol.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
More members than not here have called mods there on their stupid bullshit to their faces. Most of us think Joe vehicles are stupid pieces of trash and aren't afraid to vociferously lambast Hasbro and the fandom when we deem it necessary.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
They removed me from the conversation for abuse. I guess busting a repacker is considered flaming. It's a shame really, you would think that they would want to drive away people like that instead of the people who call them out on their dishonest practices.

So do you recall what you said? I'm curious what they thought was abuse?

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
I posted "All I know is someone in Lexington, KY is a repacker and a note to all customizers, custom buyers and the like that it might be a bad idea to repackage items that have been photographed and had their images posted on the internet. These items are unique and are easily traced back to their origins with a simple google search. It might seem like common sense to most , but anyone who thinks it is a cost effective to purchase an item from a store, return home with the item, open the package, remove pieces from the package and then substitute similar items into the package an then reseal the package and drive it back to the store to return it is obviously lacking when it comes to common sense. "
To which my post was deleted and this was in its place.
"I LOL at some of you and how brave/tough you are behind a screen. Please note that some posts have been deleted. If one of them was yours, TAKE THE HINT."
I wonder if he recognizes the irony of this statement.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Please tell me this is how you responded!

They're gonna find a reason to ban you (maybe not even a reason :whatever:) so may as well call em out.

Things you're sharing here will likely be the catalyst BTW

Last edited:

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
Please tell me this is how you responded!

They're gonna find a reason to ban you (maybe not even a reason :whatever:) so may as well call em out.

Things you're sharing here will likely be the catalyst BTW

As far as being banned ,oh well . I am not able to respond due to being banned from that discussion already for posting in the first place. Apparently it is ok to bitch and moan about repacker , but calling them out is a no no. I did send CIAD a message asking why I was edited and what was the flaming an that it was not my intention.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
"I LOL at some of you and how brave/tough you are behind a screen. Please note that some posts have been deleted. If one of them was yours, TAKE THE HINT."

Quite funny. This is how I take it - Stealing is OK with CIAD!!!! CIAD = HT, so HT is OK with stealing!

I do hope he was talking to the lynching people, and not you

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I posted "All I know is someone in Lexington, KY is a repacker and a note to all customizers, custom buyers and the like that it might be a bad idea to repackage items that have been photographed and had their images posted on the internet. These items are unique and are easily traced back to their origins with a simple google search. It might seem like common sense to most , but anyone who thinks it is a cost effective to purchase an item from a store, return home with the item, open the package, remove pieces from the package and then substitute similar items into the package an then reseal the package and drive it back to the store to return it is obviously lacking when it comes to common sense. "
To which my post was deleted and this was in its place.

What a thickheaded baboon.

This figure is amazing! This may be the most epic repack ever found! A repacked custom that was done by a tanker and found by a tanker!!!! This needs to be front paged. I'm not even joking this is so front page news worthy! Mods please consider this. Also this makes me want to make my own custom of some figure, post it here then repack it just to see if Karma is a huge bitch to everyone or just the jackass who did this! Also this is such a solid custom of Leatherneck I would buy it off of you hands down if you wanted to pick it up for me.

Well that's untrue. Fighting 118th found it.

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Well,just got myself another infraction:trollface: people late to the party are wondering why they haven't figured out who did it...I answered "they did,he did,they deleted it" that's is! BAM! I'm starting to believe the anti F118 theory!! :trollface:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Oddly enough, despite posting where the repacker struck, I have yet to receive an infraction, but a couple tankers have taken the liberty to give me their condescending nonsense. First they try to lecture me about how I'm terrible for not buying duplicates of every figure from Retaliation Wave 1 at full price, and now they're deliberately protecting a repacker from the scorn and sour ire that they deserve. Why do we even bother posting there, Hisstank is a place filled with asinine people.

I'm going to be in Lexington tomorrow for an appointment, so I'm going to have time to stop by the Toys R' Us again. If I find that custom Leatherneck figure again, should inform the retailer that they've been duped?

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I find it curious that the customizer&alleged buyer of said custom live in the same area. All my trading&sales have been far from local. The closest collector that I've delt with is 3 hours away! Closest I've come across here was a transformers collector at TRU.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
CIAD Finally decided to chime in. He sounds so tough behind his internet buffer , here is what he wrote
"If people are that bent on calling someone out, here's what I would recommend doing:

PM BadGumbo since he created the figure. See if BG is willing to share the information of the person he sold it to. Then, contact that person directly and call them out.

Forming an "internet lynch mob" is ridiculous and completely unacceptable. Granted, repacking has absolutely no place in our hobby, but neither does defaming someone without proof.

Either handle it one on one or move on."

In other words they would rather not admit that it is a member of their community doing it. Why else would you not want to bust someone for doing it. The whole point of having a repackers rant thread is to bust people who are stealing items from the packages and replacing it with crap and returning it. It just makes them look bad ,because that figure was probably front pages on their website at one time and now they are trying to cover for the guy. What's next ? Are they going to start making the "well he has been out of work and having a hard time excuse for him too?" Fucking hypocrites.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I'm going to be in Lexington tomorrow for an appointment, so I'm going to have time to stop by the Toys R' Us again. If I find that custom Leatherneck figure again, should inform the retailer that they've been duped?

lol, what would be really funny, is if you did say something to TRU employee and they look the return up and the individual that returned it had used their bonus card on the initial purchase. Busted.

I have never returned at TRU, do you need a receipt? My hypothetical situation would only work if they had to use a receipt.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
lol, what would be really funny, is if you did say something to TRU employee and they look the return up and the individual that returned it had used their bonus card on the initial purchase. Busted.

I have never returned at TRU, do you need a receipt? My hypothetical situation would only work if they had to use a receipt.

TRU requires a receipt for every return.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
TRU now requires a photo ID to return anything. I returned some shit the other night (I'm the Bay Area Repacker, LOLZ) so I wonder if that's one of their reasons for doing that now? Seemed really weird, but it's apparently their new policy.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Well, I'm going to tell them about it if I find it again.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
TRU now requires a photo ID to return anything. I returned some shit the other night (I'm the Bay Area Repacker LOLZ) so I wonder if that's one of their reasons for doing that now? Seemed really weird, but it's apparently their new policy.

That sounds like a serial gay rapist. :eddieism:

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
TRU now requires a photo ID to return anything. I returned some shit the other night (I'm the Bay Area Repacker, LOLZ) so I wonder if that's one of their reasons for doing that now? Seemed really weird, but it's apparently their new policy.

It not unusual, Most of the big box stores are supposed to do it. The idea is that if you are returning a lot of things while that in itself is not unusual (1 or 2 times) If you are constantly returning things, chances are you did actually but them. That's also why some places will charge back to the CC only instead of giving you a gift card.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I've been on sabbatical for the last couple of months and I come back to this.

I PM'd badgumbo about this so he could get out in front of it. Dealing with the type of ARAH fans that come sniffing for customs, it actually doesn't surprise me if it was the person who bought the custom. They are the "completist" types that look for ARAH accurate direct from Hasbro but go the customizer route if it looks like Hasbro isn't going to give them what they want.

Anyways, CIAD needed to be mocked. He was begging for it and I got permabanned.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
"I LOL at the irony"

CIAD was the one who went all tough guy for no reason on my Shapeways thread. A new mod over there, Phantro (nice guy) is able to promote his designs but apparently I'm considered a "castOr". Well, I am kind of now (gigabreadbakery.ecrater.com), but I wasn't months ago.

CIAD is like a dangling piece of feces on the anal rim of society. You basically just have to wait and hope that fate and gravity will remove him.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
I sent him a PM asking why he edited my post while he hasn't responded to me he did remove my ban from the repacker conversation. I have no desire to add anything else . It's obvious that the only things that it is ok to talk about are " who's the best joe trooper" " let's count ------ vipers " or who is the 124567889 greatest character of all time" any actual discussion is not welcomed. I dare someone to start an "Eddieism thread"over there you would be perma banned for insulting Rainbow Viper .

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
^^^^

I was originally just banned from the thread. Little did you know that payment for re-entry was to cast me down the witching well.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I went back to the TRU this morning. I turned the custom figure and repack Destro 3-pack over to the employees and informed them that it had been repacked. They took it away, and that was that.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Well, at least at this point, whoever repacked it whether it was the creator or customer, now knows they were busted to a certain degree. Maybe they will think twice before stealing next time. Doubtful, but possible.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Or maybe mrs gumbo returned it because he wouldn't pick up his room and she just guessed wrong

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
Or maybe mrs gumbo returned it because he wouldn't pick up his room and she just guessed wrong

Gumbo pm'd me and said he didn't do it. He said he lives in Atlanta , GA and the guy he sold it to also lives in that area and he doesn't know how it ended up in Lexington, KY. He also said he has pm'd the purchaser and asked him wtf , but doesn't expect a reply.