Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Don't forget in the 80's a parent could get away with letting their kid play at an arcade or roam the stores in a mall safely. Looking back, everywhere I went with my mom I went right to the toys or arcade and she went her own way. I knew to stay put and she would come get me. I wouldnt dream of letting my kids run off in a walmart on their own.

Now, is it really that we were safer, or have we been programmed to be over protective?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Now, is it really that we were safer, or have we been programmed to be over protective?

never looked at it that way. I was oblivious to my surroundings as a kid so I honestly cant tell you if there was many freaks and such at stores as a kid to compare. I guess there had to be when I really think about it. That's a good one to think about.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Same here, I would always hang out in the toy section for 30-45 minutes while my mom grocery shopped. I cannot imagine leaving my kids alone in WM for five minutes, much less 45. Of course the store was small, the town was small (we practically knew everyone), and life was different.

Funny, I remember a lot of times I'd hang out in the toy section so long that I had to pee (back when the grocery store did not have public restrooms). I recall pacing back and forth down the three or four toy isles to hold back the urge. Couldn't stop and linger too long b/c the urge would worsen if I slowed down. Hahahahaha, good times.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Late '74 as well. We were rockin' the Disney vinyl and Betamax tapes.
Like Eddie, I didn't realy develop my own taste in music till I was about 13 or 14.

Back on topic, I'm still waiting on a few more cast items, but I've been patient this long and I know they'll turn up eventually! :)

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Don't forget in the 80's a parent could get away with letting their kid play at an arcade or roam the stores in a mall safely. Looking back, everywhere I went with my mom I went right to the toys or arcade and she went her own way. I knew to stay put and she would come get me. I wouldnt dream of letting my kids run off in a walmart on their own.

Hell, I used to walk to Children's Palace from my house on a regular basis.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Man, toy hunting was so much fun when almost every store actually sold toys. Long live the 80's! Stupid WM...

Good times, good times...

EDIT: I immediately regret doing the stupid a$$ iPad update this morning ^^^ ...ERRRR!

BTW, I never used a computer until late 90's...mid 90's if you count my CAD class, but that's all we used them for...

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I remember when our home computer ran programs off of cassette tapes...not floppy discs, TAPES!

When I was young, my dad was an audiophile, so when CD's hit, he was all over them.

I remember when our school computer class used these old Sharp units.

Yes, that's a cassette tape drive on the right.

When I was about 10, my rich cousins got an Apple IIc and we'd play games on it nonstop, along with their Vectrex game system.
These cousins also had heaps of Joes and vehicles, which started my love of 3.75" action figures.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
BTW, I never used a computer until late 90's...mid 90's if you count my CAD class, but that's all we used them for...[/FONT]

Good lord, man. You guys were a decade behind!

My dad was a junkie. He wrote all his own DOS-based software. We has multiple TRS-80's (model I, model II, model 12) with 8" floppies... then we got an Apple IIGS (VGA!), then a x386, and I took a x486 25MHz IBM to college. Computers everywhere.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
How has this not happened yet? We ramble more in here than in any other thread on the forum. Including the ones designed for us to ramble in them.

It's kind of like footpaths on campuses. You can pave sidewalks where you intend foot traffic to go, but it never fails... There always tends to be those paths that people take regardless of where the proper paths are supposed to be.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I, never knew that...I just thought it was funny when Sarah contracted malaria or some crap and died...I liked letting them die, hahaha...

<------ sadistic :D

Riotheory

Enlisted
Jun 26, 2012
Wasatch Front, UT
TJ's thread has just become a gun-free zone on the Tank:

This is the last time I'm cleaning up this thread.
Posts regarding order status DO NOT belong in this thread.

Moderators washing their hands of it. What will come next? At least his thread is safe here. What were we talking about?

R.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, the traffic they get vs us is ridiculous. I wouldn't want to police that many people either. We have a good thing going here, just the right amount of people where we can actually converse like normal people without every thread turning into a flamefest (usually).

Guess it's the peril of success.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, the traffic they get vs us is ridiculous. I wouldn't want to police that many people either. We have a good thing going here, just the right amount of people where we can actually converse like normal people without every thread turning into a flamefest (usually).

Guess it's the peril of success.

By the way, NSA, thanks for sending me those Jinx finally. Did you send Obi his free stuff? :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My parts came. The Red Ninja hat I asked for is missing, but there are a few casts of the Jin-Roh ammo belt and I can move forward on '70s Low Light so I can't complain too much.