Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Hi everyone,

I've been posting some stuff I've been casting on other forums and some members have asked me to post here. let me know what you think. I am just putting up random stuff.

***STAFF EDIT***
This thread is for Tofujesse to post updates on upcoming releases and for the discussion of castings by Tofujesse with members. If you would like to make a request, please post in this thread. That thread is for the sole purpose of casting requests. Please try and keep discussions civil.

This thread is not about bitching and complaining about Jesse! We have two outlets for that, don't worry. If you have a valid complaint about Jesse or other casters, please post here. If you would like to give feedback on an existing order or past purchase with Jesse, please post in his feedback thread.

Attachments

• wolverine head.jpg
    wolverine head.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 63
  • sci fi helmet 1.jpg
    sci fi helmet 1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 72
  • cobra ins redwhite.jpg
    cobra ins redwhite.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 29
  • destro vest1.jpg
    destro vest1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 32
  • alpine.jpg
    alpine.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 35
  • shields.jpg
    shields.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 22
  • sniper rifle.jpg
    sniper rifle.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 30
  • scarlett head front.jpg
    scarlett head front.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 26
  • packs.jpg
    packs.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 31
  • weapons mega.jpg
    weapons mega.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Yes they do as long as the head post is the same size, I cast is a slightly softer resin. I just made a Hot Toys post and it worked great. No dremel needed for any of my head cast, that was one of the things I made sure of when I started casting. I use to hate buyig heads and having to dremel them out.

Those casts are super clean. Do they fit on without any dremeling?

Last edited:

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Here are some more pics

Attachments

• spartan helmet.jpg
    spartan helmet.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 67
  • doc helmet.jpg
    doc helmet.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Compound Z final1.jpg
    Compound Z final1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 68
  • deadpool head.jpg
    deadpool head.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 67
  • grenades.jpg
    grenades.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 45
  • zv helmets1.jpg
    zv helmets1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 42
  • firefly pack.jpg
    firefly pack.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 36
  • dk1.jpg
    dk1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 40
  • delta helmet.jpg
    delta helmet.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 49
  • mod vest.jpg
    mod vest.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
some of the more obscure stuff to me makes me unsure of my question...is any or your work your own sculpting?

like MB said, evrything looks really nice and clean

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, I thought I'd seen someone doing transparent Compound Z injection canisters.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
That looks great! Very clean. Thanks for sharing this and I hope you continue to share more.

cobracomms

The Unwashed
Mar 1, 2012
Wyoming
Those all look great, very clean! You mentioned you are using a softer resin. I've got to ask... what resin are you casting with and are you using a pot?

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Thanks. I haven't sculpted anything I've posted. I do a little but I mostly scratch build or mod vehichles. I'll be posting and hiss tank upgrade kit I am working on.

some of the more obscure stuff to me makes me unsure of my question...is any or your work your own sculpting?

like MB said, evrything looks really nice and clean

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Thanks. I'm not an expert at this but polymers are measured in shore scale.
Shore A scale is used for testing soft Elastomers (rubbers) and other soft polymers. Hardness of hard elastomers and most other polymer materials (Thermoplastics, Thermosets) is measured by Shore D scale.
I cast using rubber shore hardness anywhere from 20A-45A which is pretty flexible and urethane plastic shore hardness of 55D-85d depending on what I'm doing, the lower the number the softer the material.

And I do cast under pressure and I degas silicone and thicker resins before I pour. I also cast using centrifugal force in a centrifuge and I roto cast. I can keep going on but I hope that kinda helps

Those all look great, very clean! You mentioned you are using a softer resin. I've got to ask... what resin are you casting with and are you using a pot?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
K-Tiger suggested that the compound Z containers the Hazard Vipers came with should be done in a transparent blue.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
This is my latest attempt to customize a fig. I will be attempting to remove the sleeves and tattoo. I am also going try to beef up his neck. I will be casting his head if anyone is interested, just hit me up. Later if I get a good pull I have going to make his hat removable but that will be in a few weeks.

Attachments

• slaughter.jpg
    slaughter.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 27

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I posted a pic on this thread of a compound z canister I did in transparent blue, It came out kinda ok.

Where? I saw the injection ones that came with Zombie-Viper, but not the transport ones from the Hazard-Viper.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Awww Damn! You are correct, I didn't post a pic
of them. My buddy took the ones I cast for a dio we are working on at his house. I'll cast some more up and post pics. Sorry about that.
I've done tons of stuff for a zombie dio. I'll post some pics. I just got a lot goig on right now.

Where? I saw the injection ones that came with Zombie-Viper, but not the transport ones from the Hazard-Viper.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
This is my latest attempt to customize a fig. I will be attempting to remove the sleeves and tattoo. I am also going try to beef up his neck. I will be casting his head if anyone is interested, just hit me up. Later if I get a good pull I have going to make his hat removable but that will be in a few weeks.

The upcoming Rock-Roadblock could be a good base body for Sarge. He has no sleaves.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
Shore A scale is used for testing soft Elastomers (rubbers) and other soft polymers. Hardness of hard elastomers and most other polymer materials (Thermoplastics, Thermosets) is measured by Shore D scale.
I cast using rubber shore hardness anywhere from 20A-45A which is pretty flexible and urethane plastic shore hardness of 55D-85d depending on what I'm doing, the lower the number the softer the material.

And I do cast under pressure and I degas silicone and thicker resins before I pour. I also cast using centrifugal force in a centrifuge and I roto cast. I can keep going on but I hope that kinda helps

i use to test rubbers, but gave up on that..

cobracomms

The Unwashed
Mar 1, 2012
Wyoming

Very helpful thanks!! I'm getting more and more into doing my own sculpting and casting and as a result i'm always sniffing around for more info.
"I'm not an expert at this"... looks to me like your doing just fine! LOL

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I ordered from him today, Can't wait to get them, i'll post up quality and such when they arrive. I read Cloud gave him a good nod as well as DarthDre, so I said why not. I got a second BnB Slaughter head and an Alpine head.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Likely I will make an order this weekend as well...already started making a "wishlist". :D

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Missed this thread - I did an order through HT. Looking forward to getting them, prices are good and apparently the quality is top notch.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Here are some more pics and I've updated some of the pics in the thread. The last head I am modding it with a beard, needs some more work and it will look much better after its cast. Just pm me if you need anything. Things are a little busy right now but the site will be up soon.

Attachments

• dk7.jpg
    dk7.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 41
  • long guns.jpg
    long guns.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 34
  • hat gun HV.jpg
    hat gun HV.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 25
  • uzi.jpg
    uzi.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 27
  • sholder armor.jpg
    sholder armor.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 32
  • shock trooper gray.jpg
    shock trooper gray.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 34
  • zarana.jpg
    zarana.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 24
  • dk8.jpg
    dk8.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 34
  • low light clear.jpg
    low light clear.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 34
  • head mod beard.jpg
    head mod beard.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 48

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice, in theory with your vest and head gear I could mass-build DG-based Shock Trooper. I'm gonna have to do a cost analysis of that versus just buying STs on the secondary.

Any chance I could get a profile shot of that first head?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Want to reiterate two requests from the Tank:

1) the web gear that came with PoC Night Fox/DG SE
2) the web gear on the 3 pack Retaliation Beachhead/3 pack SE.

Lots of guys here would take both, I'd imagine.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Major blood- I don't have any plans on doing it but if
your looking for them hit me up.

K-Tiger- shoot me a pm. I'll post a pic on Sunday.

Fogger1138- I was out today trying to track stuff down, I don't have either
of those.

Are you doing a vest for the Hazard Viper helmet?

Nice, in theory with your vest and head gear I could mass-build DG-based Shock Trooper. I'm gonna have to do a cost analysis of that versus just buying STs on the secondary.

Any chance I could get a profile shot of that first head?

Want to reiterate two requests from the Tank:

1) the web gear that came with PoC Night Fox/DG SE
2) the web gear on the 3 pack Retaliation Beachhead/3 pack SE.

Lots of guys here would take both, I'd imagine.

genkhrylov

Enlisted
Mar 18, 2011
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I did look and can't find the answer, maybe I missed it. How much is the shock trooper vest? And the altered shockie vest?

Thanks, if anyone knows.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Glad to see you posting over here again, TJ!

I can vouch for the quality of TofuJesse's casts. They are the best quality casts that I have ever purchased.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Thanks for the nod....I try to tun out good quality stuff.
Here are a few pouches I cast last night.

Here are a few WIP snakeslayer (from HT) is doing with a few of my casts, Black Dragon and a shock zombie, head was mod by him and I cast it.

Zombie canisters I made match pretty close, and they are painted up. Top canister is the actual one.

Glad to see you posting over here again, TJ!

I can vouch for the quality of TofuJesse's casts. They are the best quality casts that I have ever purchased.

Attachments

• black dragon wip.jpg
    black dragon wip.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 31
  • zombie shock t.jpg
    zombie shock t.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 26
  • zombi canisters match.jpg
    zombi canisters match.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 24
  • pouches.jpg
    pouches.jpg