Underground Base (wip)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Nice!...toss some green washes on them for depth, maybe a dull coat and they'll look amazing...

Also consider bonsai trees if you can keep them from dying...they make great scale trees...

See post #2 here ——> http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/showthread.php?t=945 for an example of what I'm talking about...

Hey Eddie, thank's for the link, but I've found something in my tiring research to find a decent size tree that doesn't look like shit, and as cheaply as possible, and I think I've found the product....it's called 'Super sage' from a company called ' sceneryexpress' http://www.sceneryexpress.com/prodinfo.asp?number=EX0243

You tube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5I6qKNReuo

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters...here's some more greenery pics....soon I will add the super sage trees.

this cheap green plastic stuff is great, I'll go get more soon. Eddie is right, a nice dark green wash with a lite green filter would look nice and the stalks painted....anyway stay tuned for more:wave:

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
http://www.timberlinescenery.com/product.php?productid=95&cat=16&page=1

This is the best source of sage trees I have found. You can get them in 15"-18" bundles.
Much bigger than the HO scale.

One thing I have discovered using the larger tree armatures is that you will need to "fill" the trees with filler before flocking them if you want a full foliage spread as the finished look. If you just dip-n-flock the tree will end up with a thin layer of leaves, which is fine for early spring buds or fall sets. For summer thickness I stuff all the inside spaces in the branches with sponge bits sprayed a dark green before I flock the tree. You will end up with a much thicker tree that resembles a maple or oak.

Just click the drop down box in the link to change the size and quantity of the tree desired.

Your set is amazing, I can't wait to see what you add.

Last edited:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
http://www.timberlinescenery.com/product.php?productid=95&cat=16&page=1

This is the best source of sage trees I have found. You can get them in 15"-18" bundles.
Much bigger than the HO scale.

One thing I have discovered using the larger tree armatures is that you will need to "fill" the trees with filler before flocking them if you want a full foliage spread as the finished look. If you just dip-n-flock the tree will end up with a thin layer of leaves, which is fine for early spring buds or fall sets. For summer thickness I stuff all the inside spaces in the branches with sponge bits sprayed a dark green before I flock the tree. You will end up with a much thicker tree that resembles a maple or oak.

Just click the drop down box in the link to change the size and quantity of the tree desired.

Your set is amazing, I can't wait to see what you add.

I agree, the super sage alone is not enough, the link I put in was for the kit which includes : Super sage(12-16")...Supertree material(the filler in between the thick sage branches) and flocking and glue and containers. Its on sale for 35 bucks right now. The video shows how you attach the Supertree material to the Supersage material. Supertree stuff is very dense but still delicate looking. With the added flocking it look's damb good.

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
I agree, the super sage alone is not enough, the link I put in was for the kit which includes : Super sage(12-16")...Supertree material(the filler in between the thick sage branches) and flocking and glue and containers. Its on sale for 35 bucks right now. The video shows how you attach the Supertree material to the Supersage material. Supertree stuff is very dense but still delicate looking. With the added flocking it look's damb good.

I am going to watch the video as soon as I get to where I can play it. It sounds like the video would have saved me a lot of trial and error learning (and probably show me lots of new lessons :) ).

You and Medd should seriously do dio and photography 101 courses. I'd follow the hell out of them :).

Last edited:

joesilver

PMC on demand!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2011
Portugal
this is the dream of a true joe fan!!!!!! great, great work. oh and your custom figures and vehicles also look very realistic!! congratulations

:goodone:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters...here's some pics of the latest greenery and under brush applications. I've put a few fig's a vech's in for looks...some of the pic's are blurry...sorry. I'm not anywhere near done with the vegitation yet, more bush and a couple a large trees.

stay tuned for more....

Last edited:

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Great depth of field.

I would paint those walls sky blue

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Dont spray paint those bricks!!!!! You have to hand paint them.

Love the greens. Get yourself an air purifier for the garage, it'll help on dusting so it doesn't look like crap in 3 months.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters...here's a little update...whew this is alot of work...as I'm packing up the Sea Knight and am packing it in this pink stuff, I grabbed the little pick and started picking again....

The final on the bridge and the stone work was meant to be just that OLD stonework.

Stay tuned for more...:wave:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
The best part of creating all the wall and building damage is that you are left great street ruble and debris...