Marvel: Phase Two

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I am sure the mask is going to be used to allow for a dramatic reveal of the Winter Soldiers true identity.

They could have just brought in a better actor and said that it's facial reconstruction. I can't remember what he looked like anyways.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
WHO IS WINTER SOLDIER SUPPOSED TO BE I HOPE IT DOESNT TURN OUT TO BE BUCKY I LOVED BUCKY IN THE FIRST CAP MOVIE OMG

*insert "not sure if serious" Joker pic*

Did you guys notice that it wasn't just one crashed carrier, but three?!!...there's more destruction there than in Man of Steel!...okay, not really, but geeze!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Did you notice that the crashing carrier is actually the carrier that opens up with the other carrier inside? It was designated #42, and the one coming out was #88 (which I think was the Avengers one).

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The rumors I'm reading on Pierce are that he may not be Red Skull, but still a Hydra loyalist, who is trying to take down SHIELDs agents.

There was a story line in the comics where we found out that Hydra had been controlling SHIELD for a very long time...so they might go with a version of that for this.

Would I mind if Pierce was Red Skull? No. It's a decent way to get around not having Hugo Weaving come back for the roll. Would I mind if he turned out to be a different Hydra baddie like Zemo? Not at all.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
That's what I mean. He was a field agent and in the action...not behind a desk.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
That's what it looks like...but leads me to believe the 'insider taking down AHIELD agents' thing I posted above.

In the beginning of the trailer, Crossbones is one of the guys in the Quinjet when Cap jumps, and then he's in the elevator that Cap beats down as well. I hope they use him again in future Cap movies as he could be a great villain for him.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So wait, is Hugo Weaving not coming back? He sure as shit has no qualms with milking a franchised character to death (Agent Smith, LOTR).

Did anyone else feel like the "Board of Directors" cloaked in darkness from Avengers isn't just the Hydra/AIM "board of director" type of leaders that ran the modern-era Hydra/AIM? Or am I getting my nerd history wrong?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Weaving has said he does not want to reprise the role(mostly because of the hours in the makeup chair). While I love Weaving, I'm ok with that decision. Having Pierce be a disguised Red Skull would be great...but it's not needed.

Don't forget...Dr. Zola is back in this too.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Is Zola the robot-tummy-man or regular human-doctor?

And I guess I don't care if Red Skull is someone else, since once you peel his "face" mask off, he could technically be anyone. But I did like Weaving as Red Skull, to be honest. It always annoys me when main cast members are recast. The Hulk franchise almost makes my nose bleed, but I really like Ruffalo so they better stop with that shit for awhile.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Well...Zola is both of those...but in this movie he's a human doctor.

The Banner thing isn't really Marvel's fault. That was on Norton.

Bana Hulk isn't part of the MCU, fyi.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah I know, it's just the wishy-washy pseudo-sequel that they attempted with Incredible Hulk's marketing that annoyed me. I know Norton's had issues with playing as a team, but it still annoys me regardless. I don't care whose fault it is.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Has to be.

The Mandarin will be back in a DVD short, probably on the Thor 2 set.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
How is the Tesseract 2 things? Not arguing I just don't get it.

Didn't they show the Infinity Gauntlet in Thor, though? Ain't it complete already?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I read it wrong, I'm an idiot. Nevermind! :)

Even then though, I don't follow the Infinity Gems. Are they not tiny crystals or do they shrink to fit or something?