Boss Fight Studios

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
2/3 of those are boring IMO. They want to do a 4th line, but I don't think it has been decided.

Sorry, but fuck that.

I was sorta trolling with my comment but maybe they can't produce military based figures. Could be a non-compete clause with their Hasbro contract. Wouldn't be unheard of.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro doesn't make military figures, they, on occasion, make G.I. Joes, who spend their days wildly discharging laser weapons at a bunch of clowns in blue army costumes. :D

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Even so, I bet this venture is one where they can take an hiatus to work on Joe products when Hasbro needs them. To keep in the good graces, they might be purposely not making military themed, or military fiction.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Hasbro doesn't make military figures, they, on occasion, make G.I. Joes, who spend their days wildly discharging laser weapons at a bunch of clowns in blue army costumes. :D

Sums it up nicely!

Even so, I bet this venture is one where they can take an hiatus to work on Joe products when Hasbro needs them. To keep in the good graces, they might be purposely not making military themed, or military fiction.

That would make sense. Gives them room to venture off and still pull in a paycheck if Hasbro ever decides to made a GI Joe again.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

That seems very likely^^

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Teasers of the stands, female buck and weapons. Looks like we're getting a kopis and a dory, so that's cool. The female buck got a thick action figure ass.

http://bossfightstudio.com/boss-fight-originals/greek-mythology/

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Madussa looks interesting.

However I kind of hope they come up with a better stand, Its not that its bad, but Boss Fight studios right on it? I could see it being a placeholder for whatever brand these figures are being called.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They really need Teika/Hiya or Unimax-style stands.

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
so while these new lines are indeed extremely cool, there is ZERO nostalgia there for me...$10, yeah, that's about the most I can stomach for "cool"...but $20? :talktothehand:

:salute:
Exactly. Never understood those prices. Look at the G.I.Joe Retaliation Ultimate line...the highest price at the release of that wave was only 14.99 (mostly they were at 8-10 bucks for a figure)...now everyone pushed them up to 20-25 bucks.

This figures from BossFightStudios are awsome...I like them even if they just a previews. But 20 up bucks for a figure...I cant get it.:(

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

And try to keep in mind this isn't Hasbro running off 50K-70K pieces at a time.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
She's a lot more cut than what I wanted for my sister of Our Lady of Perpetual Lust, but maybe I can get someone to sculpt her a softer belly if her booty turns out to be that phat on the final product.

Nice work, Boss Fight.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, that stand isn't doing much.

I remember McFarlane's Soul Calibur 2 line had the stands that had a rotating dial on them, but the best part was the positionable pegs. If you're not going to do a terrain base (might as well shoot the works) maybe something like what I mentioned?

Though I've never been one to use a stand on figures that didn't absolutely require one, no matter how cool it was.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
You mean what looks like a waist swivel? You realize that these things are just the bucks that BFS will use to build their characters from, right? We probably won't see much of the torsos after they're all "dressed up".

I'm more concerned about that "fat ass". Doesn't seem to fit the rest of the figure's "fitness". More ghetto than anything else, especially from the side. You'd think with all the lean, ripped muscles on her... the ass would be a bit more "tight". That thing looks like it's seen a few bags of dorito's chased by some red drank.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That ghetto ass is the best part of that thing, but I agree they don't mesh.

Then again, I'm probably a trip through the NSFW thread from disproving that.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Something about the curvature from the ass to the lower back/waist... looks like she's arching her back when she's clearly not. Just looks a little weird to me.

I'd still buy the hell of these.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Really wish they'd get that damn Kickstarter up so we can get some info.

These are probably 12-18 months out, at the earliest. :(

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Something about the curvature from the ass to the lower back/waist... looks like she's arching her back when she's clearly not. Just looks a little weird to me.

I'd still buy the hell of these.

I think models and actresses are trained to stand/walk this way. There are couple scenes in Iron Man 2 where both Johansson and Paltrow are walking around with backside pulled back and up like that.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I think models and actresses are trained to stand/walk this way. There are couple scenes in Iron Man 2 where both Johansson and Paltrow are walking around with backside pulled back and up like that.

Oh sure... but for a more properly erect human female (based on what I'm seeing with this fig), this looks a little off to me.

Not as defined as the figure, but looks much better... imo -