Casting ideas/questions

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That ^^ would be brilliant to do at HT...you know them tools probably think you're lying about being laid up just to get a break...they need to call to have proof :rolleyes:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I already told this but I really like the new set up especially the color scheme. Very easy on the eyes.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I already told this but I really like the new set up especially the color scheme. Very easy on the eyes.

Thanks...on the reward points I'm gonna go with for every 10 spent, 1 reward point. Which will equal 1 dollar store credit. Once someone makes an account they will be able to keep track of them and cash them in whenever they want.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Nice!...I like that, when something says its out of stock, you can be notified when it's back in stock...though the notification button is a bit too subtle if you ask me...Jesse, do YOU get notified when someone requests to be notified when an item comes back in stock so that you know to make more?...if not, maybe you should devise a system so that you know to make more...maybe a "request" button?

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Nice!...I like that, when something says its out of stock, you can be notified when it's back in stock...though the notification button is a bit too subtle if you ask me...Jesse, do YOU get notified when someone requests to be notified when an item comes back in stock so that you know to make more?...if not, maybe you should devise a system so that you know to make more...maybe a "request" button?

Thanks. I'm still teeking stuff so I'll see if I can shrink it. I believe I can put a button on an out of stock item so someone can request it.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Hey TJ, I dig the new site!

Also, I haven't been around for a couple of months, but just read about you being in the hospital recently. I hope everything is okay and am glad you're out!

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
This is something that I was working on for some time. This is my first full figure that I have ever done. Wanted to get the process down. So here it is, let me know what you guys think. Its just a test cast that is why it is all gray.

Attachments

• clone kit.jpg
    clone kit.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 7
  • clone kit1.jpg
    clone kit1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
No. It's the extremely hard to find Old republic trooper. I think it sells for like 30 bucks, captain Carisma wanted to mod them so I figured it was a good time to practice figure making. He plans on modding the waist to a ME style but that's down the road.

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
Hot damn, the cast looks very good, indeed.
I have two stock Old Republic Troopers and your cast is spot on.
My only gripe with the figure are the swivel hips.
In my book there is no excuse for having a figure that is not ball-jointed everywhere.
When you fix it, this figure will sell like hotcakes.

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
It's nice to see the culmination of sitting around with TJ and going "Can you do this?" and him saying "I can do it." Then me saying "So do it then" and him replying "I'm gonna do it!"

He did it.

-CC

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
Although I am not a big fan of these specials, there are some parts in them which are kind of nice.

We need this head:

We need this M4 rifle:

We need this head (and, TJ, can you cast the tac vest in olive drab, too?):

We need this vest (preferredly with some mag pouches slapped on, too):

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
Did you guys see the news that Alyosha is teaching a casting class at Joecon? Block out your calendars...if you sign up, the course teaches you how to make one head cast, and runs through sometime in 2014.

-CC

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Did you guys see the news that Alyosha is teaching a casting class at Joecon? Block out your calendars...if you sign up, the course teaches you how to make one head cast, and runs through sometime in 2014.

-CC

Raginspoon is supposed to be part of that, so he'll likely be the one to actually show up, and he'll bring an Alyosha cardboard cutout with him.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I have the canceled arctic duke jacket that I don't want anyone to know I have yet cause I am doing some stuff with it. Oh! and this is a custom modded vehicle I did for Viper6 on the OG13. Entire cast and still unpainted.

Attachments

• coat.jpg
    coat.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 12
  • devil ray.jpg
    devil ray.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 10

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
You going with the mint colored jacked, or a white jacket?

I kind of think both would kick ass.

And fuck that Duke, but damn if that's not some great sculptwork. How the hell did you manage to get ahold of that one? Did anyone else have a copy of it yet? Damn Jesse! You be slick!

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
You going with the mint colored jacked, or a white jacket?

I kind of think both would kick ass.

And fuck that Duke, but damn if that's not some great sculptwork. How the hell did you manage to get ahold of that one? Did anyone else have a copy of it yet? Damn Jesse! You be slick!

Ill test it out and maybe do both...I happen to have been lucky enough to make friends with Fire_fly over on the og13 and he had comissioned aly to cast the duke body and jacket. Of course aly screwed him and took his money and never returned his figure or his money. So he asked my if I would cast the jacket of his canceled Alpine. So he could sell them on eBay and recoupe some of his cash and I get to sell the so it's a win for my.

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
Ill test it out and maybe do both...I happen to have been lucky enough to make friends with Fire_fly over on the og13 and he had comissioned aly to cast the duke body and jacket. Of course aly screwed him and took his money and never returned his figure or his money.

How is it no one who has been ripped off has just kicked Alyosha's ass? It boggles my mind that this guy just keeps screwing people over and gets to keep doing it.

NSA, I made sure to say this here in the private thread. I know you'd really hate to be sued for any loss of revenue Alyosha might suffer because I called him a fat sack of ass-fuckery. :proposetoast:

-CC