custom HI55 battle tank

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
so as you guys may know, i've been working on this Hisstank for a VERY long time...doing its and bits here and there over the past year and a half...and i am finally ready to say i am done...though i may add more pics of it de-geared and some with the armored canopy on (forgot that part)...

anyway, i don't have a sweet story or anything, i'm no writer...i just wanted to make a functionally treaded HISS...then i considered fenders, then with your guys suggestions, it took off from there, getting me more and more involved...i added...

-main gun shield, main gun controls
-hand rails, pulls, foot step to get into the cockpit
-stowage basket
-gear for a 3 man crew
-extra ammo, fuel, water
-spare wheel, rope, chains
-dry rub numbering, and decals

...then i washed/weathered the whole thing...i may have gotten carried away with the "dust/mud", but it was spray painted on at the end and irreversible...guess i should do that part in better lighting so i know when to say when...

anyway, here is the HI55 battle tank and crew...

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
more pics

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 63

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
last of the pics

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I really love that turret, as well as all the little details like the rails and such that just made the original so bland.

cold slither

Hair Farmer
Mar 14, 2011
Atlantic City, NJ
Brutal! Love the stance!

The stowage and the blast shield are awesome as well. Really great work. It looks beefy and badass. Wanna sell it?

edit -I recognize that screen in the grill trick! I guess we all do that. Only thing I would have done is bend up the plastic between the treads to give her some clearance.

Last edited:

CoBrAtHeEnEmY!

its for your own good
Mar 14, 2011
here
hey that is badass eddie good job man, i might have to do something like that to beef up my hiss that is just too cool

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I only own one HISS Tank. How sad is that? This makes me want at least 2 more: 1 to leave a normal pair and one to beef up like this.

What're the treads from?

I know how you feel about the weathering. In person I bet it's not so vibrant. Photography often makes it look "dustier" than it is. I think it's probably fine.

Er, what I meant to say was "Good job!"

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Get that tank outside with some troops on it, Moving to the front!

Didn't like the way it looked before the paint. With it all painted up my mind did a 360! Well done sir!

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wow GI!!!!! How about that.

That right there has me wanting to buy my first HissTank.

Clean work, nice presentation.

Love the straps and buckles. I think we all are liking the Hockey Tape. Who suggested that anyways?? Great call who ever it was.

What did you do for the PTE straps hanging from the bar? That detail looks great!

The added fenders or what ever they're called looks like it was meant to be.

Man that, the Turret, cage, packs and ammo boxes add a nice sense of realism.

Only thing I would say could improve in my eyes would be additional frame piece or two going accross the long windshield.

cold slither

Hair Farmer
Mar 14, 2011
Atlantic City, NJ
Wow GI!!!!! How about that.

That right there has me wanting to buy my first HissTank.

Clean work, nice presentation.

Love the straps and buckles. I think we all are liking the Hockey Tape. Who suggested that anyways?? Great call who ever it was.

What did you do for the PTE straps hanging from the bar? That detail looks great!

The added fenders or what ever they're called looks like it was meant to be.

Man that, the Turret, cage, packs and ammo boxes add a nice sense of realism.

Only thing I would say could improve in my eyes would be additional frame piece or two going accross the long windshield.

I like that look as well rick, with the canopy framed out. It's a pain in the ass to do though.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
thanks guys...yer the only people i "know" who enjoy this kinda stuff, so your comments/input is much appreciated...

Only thing I would have done is bend up the plastic between the treads to give her some clearance.

i know exactly what yer saying, and i really wanted to do that, cause its like a plow right now...the problem is/was, that the middle section is the base for what i mounted the tread system to...to get away from that, i'd a had to recreate the whole base for the whole HISS...and thats way more work than i wanted to do...heck, what i ended up doing was way more work than i wanted to do...but yeah, the nice wide stance definately manned up that narrow thing...

I know how you feel about the weathering. In person I bet it's not so vibrant. Photography often makes it look "dustier" than it is. I think it's probably fine.

it does indeed not look as dusty in person, but still more than i wanted...and some of the specs are much larger than i wanted, looking more like mud spatter...and that'd be okay if it wasn't in places where mud spatter wouldnt end up

the hockey tape was my idea...came across it accidentally in the garage looking for another tape to use to temporarily attach things...the texture of the hockey tape really got my attention...thats why i ended up using it for the PTE packs straps...i didn't just use it to hang them, i also used it to completely cover the PTE molded straps...

i'll get a pic or two up of the other armored canopy/windshield i made...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That does look pretty cool.

Any way to get before and after pics ?

i actually had a whole WIP thread, but it got lost in the F1:18 tsanami of 2011...and unfortunately, i erased them from my camera...

and its the only HISS i have, so i can't take pics of a "spare"...heres a stock photo though...

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Love love love the work on the turret. Dude, if Hasblow made them like that, sign me up for a half dozen!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
i actually had a whole WIP thread, but it got lost in the F1:18 tsanami of 2011...and unfortunately, i erased them from my camera...

and its the only HISS i have, so i can't take pics of a "spare"...heres a stock photo though...

Thanks !! Is that my Humvee turret you used ? :)

Also it would look so cooler if you could have made the bottom chassy the length of the canopy.

That would of ROCKED !!!!

Again it looks COOL !!! :)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Is that my Humvee turret you used ?

Also it would look so cooler if you could have made the bottom chassy the length of the canopy.

i'm not that good man...but maybe you have the skill to extend that chassy ;)...but heck yeah that would look cool...insanely cool...you might consider a kit to do this?

as for the turret, i made this one from styrene, though i did use the humvee one i got from you closely as a model and inspiration

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
thanks AVAC...seems my initial fears of the turret looking too big were unfounded...glad you guys all like it

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Agree with everyone on the cupola.

That is really the way a turret is supposed to be!

Awesome work all around!!!!!!

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah!! I never saw the last set with the ST's and the guy on the radio. AWESOME Eddie!! This is one of my favorite customs and I'm not even a big JOE fan.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Wow, this is awesome Eddie! The paint, weathering, added parts...all HISSes should look like this!