G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
The checkpoint alpha set is the smallest and cheapest of the sets. So buy it for the FF and sell the rest. or keep it all and collect them all :D

the checkpoint alpha set is what got me addicted. I hope to post pics of the Cobra Kreos invading the kids legos. Got some fun pics, just got to wait until the wife resizes them or whatever she does to get them to upload.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
the checkpoint alpha set is what got me addicted. I hope to post pics of the Cobra Kreos invading the kids legos. Got some fun pics, just got to wait until the wife resizes them or whatever she does to get them to upload.

this is what's going to be a problem for troop builders. Since the numbers on the package show what's in there, you'll never find them.

I want to get the

try to find parts to make it all Blue or another color for Cobra troopers. (have to keep up the Ktiger challenge :D )

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, but the troops are overpacked in the cases, so troop building shouldn't be *too* bad. Like I said, I ordered 22 blind figs from TRU, and I got five blueshirts and three AVs. If they were packed evenly, that would be a statistical impossibility. With all the troops that come in the sets too, I think the individual joe characters could end up being the HTF figures.

My son has a ton of the lego city police and fire sets. I agree that they will make for some good cobra vehicles, and the police station is an excellent HQ with jail cells and computer terminals and such.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Now that Kre-O is finally getting the kinks out, they're exclusive to TRU. Those 1st-gen Kre-O Transformers and worthless Battleship sets soured all the other retailers. I haven't seen any at any other store except some leftovers in the clearance isles. They wouldn't even touch Kre-Joe, so it's only at TRU. So sad. I'd love to see these everywhere, as Joe is far more suited to this kind of building set than TF ever was.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
this is what's going to be a problem for troop builders. Since the numbers on the package show what's in there, you'll never find them.

I want to get the

try to find parts to make it all Blue or another color for Cobra troopers. (have to keep up the Ktiger challenge :D )

I hear on the troop building thing. I was lucky enough to be the first to find them at TRU and I had the numbers of who was in the blindpacks. I think I will limit the troop builders to 2 per troop. I found 2 each and I think part of the fun will be small troop builder numbers. Now if the put out the B.A.T. in the blind pack then I may rethink my 2 per policy.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
I'm building the Cobra armor and vamp. The cobra armor looks crappy on the box but damn if it ain't the sweetest lego type vehicle. Clamping grip, harness that works, complete possible without fear of it falling apart.

the boys had a blast tonight with the serpent armor. I got aroud to building tonight and I couldnt agree more, once its built and you have it in front of you it is very sweet.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
so far, these are great and I am shocked. These are my first Ker-o sets and was scared at the quality of everything. Now that I have had a chance to open build and play with them, I am impressed.

If you saw these opened at a house, you'd think they were LEGO.

I'm building the platform now, which is my last one I have. Once I am done, gonna post pics of all the figs together, and cover the things I've yet to post.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
so far, these are great and I am shocked. These are my first Ker-o sets and was scared at the quality of everything. Now that I have had a chance to open build and play with them, I am impressed.

If you saw these opened at a house, you'd think they were LEGO.

I'm building the platform now, which is my last one I have. Once I am done, gonna post pics of all the figs together, and cover the things I've yet to post.

I am with you man, I was nervous about quality so I bought a couple Battleship sets on clearance 1st...I love theses sets...definitely collecting them all.

Have you seen the HISS tank with Destro in wave 2? :D

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
no I haven't seen wave 2 pics yet, sounds awesome! I'll need to go find them.

another good factor for you on the fence, these are cheap compared to LEGO sets.

Just got done building the RAM and Cobra flight Pod. Building FANG now and then the platform. This set is nice with 5 figs, 3 vehicles and the platform. All for a mere $39.99. You won't find a LEGO set with that much stuff for that price.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
The one thing about the platform I don't like is the helipad is not elevated in the center like the ARAH one when we were kids...the ARAH Dragonfly fit on the helipad because it was elevated...now really only the FANG and Trouble Bubble do.... :(

Maybe they make a Skyhawk that fits there one day. :D

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The one thing about the platform I don't like is the helipad is not elevated in the center like the ARAH one when we were kids...the ARAH Dragonfly fit on the helipad because it was elevated...now really only the FANG and Trouble Bubble do.... :(

Maybe they make a Skyhawk that fits there one day. :D

It's not elevated because it's just a Battleship repaint. They didn't redesign to accommodate the chopper. Although, you could easily argue they should have, considering the Dragonfly is also a BS repaint... so I guess those guys couldn't land at their platform either. Maybe that's why their movie tanked ;)

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Dragonfly isn't exactly the same...I have both it and the Battleship one. :D

Perhaps they made the Battleship one knowing it was going to be the Joe Battle Platform 1st and actually "re-used" it for Battleship? I don't recall and battle platform in the movie...same with the chopper...maybe, just maybe, Battlship KREO was really Joe prototypes? Hmmm?

A reverse conspiracy...where HASBRO is favoring Joe and planning ahead? Could it be?
Inquiring minds want to know. At least bored at work minds want to know :p

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
It has to be battleship used this design for their set although it was designed for Joes. It's too exact of the toy to be coincidental.

As for the platform, easily remedied if you have extra LEGO parts and extend and raise it. I will try once i find some extra pieces.

Overall, I am super pleased with these sets and can't wait for upcoming sets. Had that Hiss tank come with a Cobra trooper as well as Destro and baroness, that set would sell mutibles. hell, even a Hiss tank driver would be sweet.

One more thing, I thought there was to be a classic 13 box set with the old image on the box? Haven't seen anything about that.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
One more thing, I thought there was to be a classic 13 box set with the old image on the box? Haven't seen anything about that.

Hmm - never heard that - sounds cool.

And no doubt a HISS with Cobra troop builders would fly off the shelfs...maybe they will release something like that later...gotta put it with the ninja temple to make sure all the ninja stuff sells. :p

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
the TRU closest to me finally put the end cap Joe Kreo stuff up and I was able to pick up the Armored Cobra Assault with Flint.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
the TRU closest to me finally put the end cap Joe Kreo stuff up and I was able to pick up the Armored Cobra Assault with Flint.

my closest TRU is 45 mins away so I can't just swing by often. Hopefully the next time I head there, they have stuff I need. I need that armored set, the thunderwave (could have sworn I bought it) and the ninja set.

I placed an order for 25 blind bags last night so I should have those soon and know what I will need by the time I find them on the shelves.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
my closest TRU is 45 mins away so I can't just swing by often. Hopefully the next time I head there, they have stuff I need. I need that armored set, the thunderwave (could have sworn I bought it) and the ninja set.

I placed an order for 25 blind bags last night so I should have those soon and know what I will need by the time I find them on the shelves.

the manager at TRU that I am friends with said they were 2 weeks late getting the endcap set up. I wanted to agree that they were late but since I was told once today that I had a attitude problem and I could be a prick sometimes I bit my lip...dont want to bite the hand that feeds me (or calls me when new stuff comes in). Now I am down to needing the set with SS and SE.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Retail Karma - sometimes your friend, sometimes a bitch. You got lucky this time. Enjoy and remember that the next time you "accidentally" get overcharged for something.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Well, I think I've been overcharged ever time I buy a $10 Joe or $40 MOTUC figure! But I realize that's not quite what you meant.

Yeah, I was just looking to get my $20 back without having to physically re-buy and return. She said I'd get a $20 credit, and I was happy enough; I wasn't even going argue about the 10% tax. And I hung up, only to get an email 30 minutes later saying I was getting $43.xx back on my card. I just chuckled.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
It's all Kre-o. Of course, if you buy online, it's only good for three items, so you can't buy 30 items and get 15 of them half off... at least not in the same transaction.

well, I'm definitely pulling the trigger on some today. gonna buy them anyway, so might as well get them cheaper. I just have to hit the $79 threshold to get the free shipping :)