G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Kind of, yeah. I got a free trial for 6 months - I've only used it a few times, but it works pretty well as long as the retailer marks the items as eligible. Not everything is.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I got half my order of Kreon's today. Out of 22, missing only 1. Wetsuit. Got 3 Alley Vipers and 2 Cobra Troopers. So not bad.

However, this shows why the USPS is inferior to UPS. TRU ships the bigger package via UPS from NY, I get it on time today per tracking. The smaller package they sent USPS was sent from MO and is now 2 days late with no updates on their tracking site. Last seen in a transfer facility still in MO!

Anyways, I have extras of

1 Rock n Roll
2x Cobra Ninja Viper
Jinx
Quick Kick
Kamakura
Adventure Team Commander <-- this guy is awesome with his "real hair" and mini version of a retro boxed figure

If anyone has any extra Wetsuit to trade or maybe some LEGO minis that I may need or want. Let me know.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I've officially ordered two of everything. It's just too cool. And I ebayed the two mini-figs I was missing.

TF kre-os are hit and miss. The TF mini figs are great, but the sets are somewhat worthless since you have to disassemble and reassemble to transform them. "Hey, look, he transformed... and it only took an hour!"........... But Kre-Joe on the other hand has high play value written all over it.

Holy crap I hope my kids love these as much as I do. They're my enablers :)

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
yeah, these seem to have more actual play value than LEGO. The figs themselves are superb. Look at the alley viper, holy crap the gear is sweet. So much win in such a little package.

Plus the price for these are really the win compared to LEGO sets of the same sizes.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Dude, just buy a couple blind packs or at the very least buy the checkpoint alpha. It's $10. After getting those and checking them out, you sould be able to decide whether or not you want to commit.

Checkpoint alpha is a great set for $10!! I am sold on these! Love them! Hoping to buy the last 2 sets I am missing tomorrow while buy one get one 1/2 off is still in effect. :D

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
The only way you'd tempt me to buy these is a dio of a dozen of those little fucking Cobra troopers charging out of one of those Lego CH-47s.

http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=4631

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
I was looking for some military LEGO sets as well as sites who have custom instructions when I stumbled across this image

That would be an awesome FLAGG and skystrikers.

No idea how much such a thing would cost to build though.

EDIT: found another pic of it

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
It would cost a "boatload". :p

I have seen that before - I believe even the levels below are finished and the lifts work and everything...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was looking for some military LEGO sets as well as sites who have custom instructions when I stumbled across this image

That would be an awesome FLAGG and skystrikers.

No idea how much such a thing would cost to build though.

EDIT: found another pic of it

OK, even I'M impressed!

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
More info on the Carrier

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=126969

The largest Lego ship in existence, it is comprised of 300,000 (!) Lego bricks, stands at 1.2 metres tall, is 4.7 metres long, and weighs over 160kg.

Ignoring the enormous scale, here’s where you’ll really be impressed. The L.E.G.O. Harry S Truman includes a full complement of crew (5,000), 54 aircraft, electric lights on the flight deck, support vehicles, movable lifts and radar dishes, five decks that are viewable, and (the crème de la crème) a motorised catapult to launch the planes!

Last edited:

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
"Malle Hawking, a 36 year old IT consultant, husband (how this marriage survived I don’t know) and father of two spent 13 months and (wait for it) £10,000 pounds building his dream LEGO ship: a floating 1:48 scale version of the USS Harry S Truman nuclear powered aircraft carrier."

10000 British Pound Sterling equals
15161.00 US Dollar

:eek:

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Wow…. impressive that the marriage lasted.

Also impressive the thing actually floats. All those legos have to be pretty heavy. Wonder how he made it "sea-worthy"

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Married?...it's gotta be to another gay dude lego fan...no way he's ever seen a vagina...NO WAY!

Hey ewok, you gonna take pics with some figures and a copter on yer creation?

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
Married?...it's gotta be to another gay dude lego fan...no way he's ever seen a vagina...NO WAY!

Hey ewok, you gonna take pics with some figures and a copter on yer creation?

Yes, currently cleaning up my "toy area" downstairs. been building up unopened toys, legs and figures everywhere. was so addicted to WoW, I've neglected my toys. Luckily next week is my last time playing as I cancelled my subscription.

Once I get the poundage of bricks I need, I plan on making a few custom things. 1 is the GI JOE headquarters (original, not that lame ass thing Hasbro pushed on us for RoC) Going to figure out what is needed for a Terrordrome as well.

until then, I will be posting a bunch of pics of the stuff I currently have.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
Thinking of making the USS Flagg in LEGO for these Joes. it won't be as detailed as the Aircraft carrier above but it will be similar to the way the Flagg was made. This will keep it in tune of Mini Joe items.

I am buying bulk LEGO to make this happen as well as need lots of plates to make the deck.

The only thing I need is help to convert the scale. I want it to be the same scale to figure ratio to LEGO minis as the Toy one is to figures.

If anyone could help a mathematical deficient collector out, that would be great.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Not that I want to admit it, but I have someowhere in the nieghborhood of about $10-12k in Legos. So far, it has equated to approx 80 lbs(Yes, I have to measure by weight). I have made a minifig scale aircraft carrier but it was only about 4 ft long and resembled a marine landing craft more than a full aircraft carrier. Nothing like what that guy made.

When I left the Air Force I had to estimate their cost due to insurance purposes....the Airman damn near shat himself when I wrote I had $10k in Legos.

BTW, saw the Joe Kre-O on the local TRU, not impressed by the models but the figs looked pretty awesome.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like Kreons will be the para-drop figures at this years con.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Not that I want to admit it, but I have someowhere in the nieghborhood of about $10-12k in Legos. So far, it has equated to approx 80 lbs(Yes, I have to measure by weight). I have made a minifig scale aircraft carrier but it was only about 4 ft long and resembled a marine landing craft more than a full aircraft carrier. Nothing like what that guy made.

When I left the Air Force I had to estimate their cost due to insurance purposes....the Airman damn near shat himself when I wrote I had $10k in Legos.

BTW, saw the Joe Kre-O on the local TRU, not impressed by the models but the figs looked pretty awesome.

Guess "thelegoguy" is fitting then :)