GI JOE Super Wave 3 pre-orders up

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Got my orders today...

That Duke is everything he's cracked up to be. Such a badass figure, fantastic paint.

Really impressed with Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander. Really sad that Budo's noggin doesn't look any better in hand than it does in the press photos...and who the hell thought it would be a good idea to paint his eyes orange? Between that and the skin color you think he has jaundice.

lotusblack80

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2013
Colorado
Got my orders today...

That Duke is everything he's cracked up to be. Such a badass figure, fantastic paint.

Really impressed with Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander. Really sad that Budo's noggin doesn't look any better in hand than it does in the press photos...and who the hell thought it would be a good idea to paint his eyes orange? Between that and the skin color you think he has jaundice.

I went overboard with the Duke figure and ordered a total of 6. I wish would have gotten more Flint figures I only have two on the way.

3 Combat Ninja's are currently en route also wish I could have gotten two more.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I got shipping notices on all of my wave 3.5 stuff. None of my wave 4 stuff has shipped (Lady Jaye is in that replenishment).

Kinda disappointed with some of the wave 3.5 figures. Duke's range of motion kinda blows out of the package.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Just hoping to find Night Viper and Ultimate Duke.

Solid orders in place on the rest:

Data Viper
Crimson Guard
Ultimate Flint
Ultimate Cobra Commander
Ultimate Storm Shadow
Budo
New Firefly
Kwinn
Ultimate Roadblock

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Of course my HTS shit shipped, and will get here when I am out of town. Fortunately, I think it's a USPS shipment (isn't that their cheap "standard" shipping method?) so in theory it should be there when I get back.

In theory. :rolleyes:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I really wish my order would ship already. The reports of defects have me concerned as well. Doing my best to patient, but man.

I hadn't heard any defect stuff, but I've not been paying attention anywhere but here. What's being reported?

I had a weird plastic issue with one of the joints on Kwinn, but other than that, everything I've opened has been fine.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Cobra Commanders neck breaking when you turn the chrome head. Parts/accessories missing. Broken limbs from the factory. Bad paint apps. Normal stuff I guess. My paranoid nature leaves me thinking that I'll be one of the guys that gets one of the defective ones.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I think it's that vac metal they use for CCs head...my DVD set CCs ball broke off in the socket years ago...I think maybe they need some hot water to soften up first...or maybe gentle wiggling instead of outright force to get the paint/vac metal seizure to break free...

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Cobra Commanders neck breaking when you turn the chrome head. Parts/accessories missing. Broken limbs from the factory. Bad paint apps. Normal stuff I guess. My paranoid nature leaves me thinking that I'll be one of the guys that gets one of the defective ones.

Like Eddie said, some hot water will do the trick. I found mine seemed to be fused in place, but I let him sit in hot water for 5 minutes to be sure, and carefully started to turn the head. Once it came loose, I popped it out and gave it a slight trim inside the head to make sure it didn't fuse again. VERY slight trim, so that the head still stays in place instead of wobbling around.

I haven't found any parts missing or defective limbs, and the only bad paint I've found so far is on unmasked Storm Shadow's face(eyes) and Budo looking like he's sad that he has a bad case of the runs. Granted, I've only opened a few as I've started taking pictures, but no real problems as of yet.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I wonder if putting a tiny drop of RC gear lube (safe on plastic) inside the socket will keep it from ever seizing up again...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It's the plastic used on vac metal heads. You'd think the idiot company making these would figure it out if customizers can. Take a look at any vac metal head. (CC or Destro). It's not the softer plastic like most heads, it's a firm plastic the same as the torso. Likely so that the vac metal will adhere without flexing easily and flaking off. So if the head isn't cast with a slightly looser socket, then neither the head nor the torso will flex and the ball will shear off in the socket.

Doing like XOC said should fix it, especially by trimming slightly... Definitely trim and/or add something like WD-40 to help prevent the plastic from sticking again.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I will say that, at least for me, the complaints about unmasked SS's head sitting too low don't hold any weight. It sits a little low, but not all hunchback of notre dame like people were bitching about. In other places.

lotusblack80

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2013
Colorado

Thank goodness I didn't order Cobra Commander then (whew). Sorry, didn't want to be a dick but thanks for posting that

Last edited:

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Well, I just got the email that my stuff shipped. Yeah the Commander head thing isn't something that can't be dealt with. I was thinking graphite might do the trick to keep it from sticking without hurting the plastic. It's readily available, any #2 pencil will yield it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011