GI JOE Super Wave 3 pre-orders up

lotusblack80

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2013
Colorado
I GOT IT ! Got my Dorkside figs today, very nice ! I also ordered 2 MOC Duke figs and 2 loose Duke figs and I guess they said "F--k it" on the loose ones and gave me 2 more MOC instead. Very cool of Dorkside, very cool.

Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I GOT IT ! Got my Dorkside figs today, very nice ! I also ordered 2 MOC Duke figs and 2 loose Duke figs and I guess they said "F--k it" on the loose ones and gave me 2 more MOC instead. Very cool of Dorkside, very cool.

I just realized that too...5 of mine were supposed to be loose and all 7 were MoC

Now I need a couple more RockBlocks for customs...

Last edited:

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL

I just realized that too...5 of mine were supposed to be loose and all 7 were MoC

Now I need a couple more RockBlocks for customs...

With the amount of orders Eddie(Dorkside, not our Eddie) and others were putting together and trying to ship out as quickly as possible, I have to imagine they didn't want to take the time to open figures to satisfy the loose orders, and just went all MOC.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Dudes aren't kidding about Cobra Commander's head. Soaked it in super hot water and the neck still busted. I was really careful too. It took no pressure to break it. So, Watch out! I'm trying real hard not to be totally fucking pissed. Hopefully I can dremel out the ball and used the head on my Resolute CC.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That blows...

I'm not sure that heating both the torso and the head are the right thing, though... All that would do is make both firm plastics expand... When it's a softer plastic and it expands, it would make it more rubbery and flexible... But does it have that effect for the firmer plastic, too?

Maybe Fogger needs to science us a solution before mine arrive in 3 fucking weeks? :D

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I left mine in hot water for about 3 minutes or so, and kept nudging the head slightly left, slightly right.. a little more each time till it came loose, then I popped it off.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Upon further investigation it looks like there was some kind of glue in there. Once that is removed the head sits rather loosely on the neck. I betting some genius decided it was a good idea to see to it that the heads didn't come loose in the package.

But from what I can tell, One Should Pull, NOT Turn, if their CC's head is stuck.

It looks like my Resolute CC now has some upgrades. He looks pretty damn cool with a chrome head and the new hairdryer gun is real nice. The new CC was a little to tall go all that well with my 25th Destro and Baroness any way.

Last edited:

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Upon further investigation it looks like there was some kind of glue in there. Once that is removed the head sits rather loosely on the neck. I betting some genius decided it was a good idea to see to it that the heads didn't come loose in the package.

But from what I can tell, One Should Pull, NOT Turn, if their CC's head is stuck.

It looks like my Resolute CC now has some upgrades. He looks pretty damn cool with a chrome head and the new hairdryer gun is real nice. The new CC was a little tall go all that well with my 25th Destro and Baroness any way.

I dunno.. there was no evidence of glue in mine. The socket was just a hair too small for the neck ball. When I loosened mine, it sat in hot water and I nudged the head back and forth until it came loose. I didn't turn it till it was completely loose.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Did anyone who ordered from HTS actually get a tracking number? Their stupid email says "log in to your account to track your packages" but since mine was broken into 2 shipments (the Lady Jaye and Bruce Willis figures won't ship till later) I don't actually HAVE a tracking number listed since the entire order is listed as "partially shipped".

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Because they hate you!

Speaking of HTS, got an Elektra and a bunch of Ret. Dukes and CCNs in the mail today. Should be getting Black Widow and Red Skull tomorrow or Tuesday.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm having serious buyers remorse. I see what people have been saying about the plastic being cheaper. I want so bad to like the new Storm Shadow, but he just isn't all that great. Oh well. At least this will help to curb my spending in the future.

lotusblack80

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2013
Colorado
I'm having serious buyers remorse. I see what people have been saying about the plastic being cheaper. I want so bad to like the new Storm Shadow, but he just isn't all that great. Oh well. At least this will help to curb my spending in the future.

What's wrong with the Storm Shadow? I'm seriously thinking about getting that one.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
What's wrong with the Storm Shadow? I'm seriously thinking about getting that one.

Well both the heads sit kind of funny. I'm a real stickler for quality and it just isn't there with the Retaliation figures. I wish I had spent the money on 25th versions instead. If you really want to get a cool Storm Shadow do yourself a favor and spend the extra money and get the Renegades one, it's way better. If you have you heart set on this new one send me a pm and maybe we can work something out for mine. Right now the only thing I like about him is having spare parts for my Renegades SS.

lotusblack80

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2013
Colorado
Well both the heads sit kind of funny. I'm a real stickler for quality and it just isn't there with the Retaliation figures. I wish I had spent the money on 25th versions instead. If you really want to get a cool Storm Shadow do yourself a favor and spend the extra money and get the Renegades one, it's way better. If you have you heart set on this new one send me a pm and maybe we can work something out for mine. Right now the only thing I like about him is having spare parts for my Renegades SS.

PM sent

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hah, fogger... my HTS order JUST now showed a tracking number on their site, about a week and a half after receiving the "your stuff has (partially) shipped" email. Estimated arrival, on Sept. 5, from FedEx. Hopefully it'll still be there when my girlfriend arrives back from out of town. :rolleyes:

Who else got free shipping from HTS and it sent via FedEx instead of USPS?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
HTS always send Fedex. It may be picked up and finally delivered by USPS, but they always do Fedex.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
For some reason I was thinking it was always delivered by USPS. Of course, the last HTS order I got was like 3.5 years ago, so perhaps I forgot in the meantime. ;)

It's weird, I have a FedEx account and generally anytime I receive something sent to me, I get a notification direct from FedEx before I even get one from the shipper. I haven't received anything this time. I wonder if I can get them to hold it and deliver it later?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
MEIN CASE has arrived! (extras to come in couple of weeks).

One of everything, oh baby baby.