House Wars/Battles

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I think what I need to do is find the dam manual to my camera! But I would like some sort of photo tent.

He matches up to this motorcycle pretty well scale-wise. The Joe pelvis was required by the need for.....pants. I saw an illustration long ago in a magazine called Starlog that had a Terminator in ripped up pants only. Nostalgia forced me to replicate the look.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's a good look. As for nostalgia, this cover has been in my head for AT LEAST 20 years.

As for pics, it comes down to macro setting, a steady platform (be it a stack of books, tripod or whatever) and lighting.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Well, that certainly would be...easy...to make a figure of.

Yeah, people keep telling me about macro settings, but the hell if I canfind it. I also keep being told to look for a "flower" symbol, as that often stands for the macro setting, but mine has nothing like that.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
A SONY Cybershot. No idea how old it is, possibly ten years.

*edit*

Here, I think this is it's official designation...Sony Cybershot DSC W7

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Well.....I'll be. After googling manuals for this camera, it looks like it DOES have a macro setting.

Unfortunately, it didn't really explain how to access it. :drum:

And while trying to figure it out, the batteries died. :f-bomb::shakefist:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Well.....I'll be. After googling manuals for this camera, it looks like it DOES have a macro setting.

Unfortunately, it didn't really explain how to access it. :drum:

And while trying to figure it out, the batteries died. :f-bomb::shakefist:

Macro
There's no specific macro mode on the Sony CyberShot WX7, it's only activated properly in the intelligent auto mode. However, the camera does still focus down to 5cm in normal program mode. Pictures are nice and sharp in the middle of the frame but this starts to fuzz out towards the edges.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I don't think the macro setting is the problem, it's finding the right mode setting for the lighting.

I'm no camera man, this is really the first decent digital camera I've ever had...and I got it second-hand. Before this it was all point-and-shoot 35mm stuff.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Don't buy a Sony camera ever again. Worst camera I ever owned was a Cybershot back in college. Thing was a piece of shit.

I have since bought a Canon point-and-shoot, and my gf has a nice, but older, Nikon DSLR. It's not the best P&S, but it's about 7 years old and still holds up when I need it for quick shots. Eventually I'll buy a DSLR for myself, but I don't do enough photography now to make it worth it.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio

took over the living room ,set some stuff up tonight with the kids and took some test shots for a dio story I am looking to start. Count von Rani, the ruler of a small Eastern European nation called Kalistan aligns himself with Cobra in his war with Latveria.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Don't buy a Sony camera ever again. Worst camera I ever owned was a Cybershot back in college. Thing was a piece of shit.

I have since bought a Canon point-and-shoot, and my gf has a nice, but older, Nikon DSLR. It's not the best P&S, but it's about 7 years old and still holds up when I need it for quick shots. Eventually I'll buy a DSLR for myself, but I don't do enough photography now to make it worth it.

My SLR is getting old. Been dropped a few times and i'm worried it's gonna gas out on me at some point. I wanna get a new one. Probably a Nikon or another Canon. At least that way I can use the lenses I already have.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
some recent shots in the spirit of the thread. not at all 1:18th scale though

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
A while ago we were talking about how to make a joe sized book, Some rather elaborate methods were discussed, but I came up with this simple solution,

Folded paper, used a staple to hold it in place, trimmed the edges to make turnable pages. Used a marker to color the outside.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Work trundles along. I'm thinking I want to get this thing on a section of plywood that has some sand and faux scrub on it. Perhaps an outbuilding or covered slab for vehicles?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
some recent shots in the spirit of the thread. not at all 1:18th scale though

Reminds me of childhood, when I had my Micro Machines play-sets. I'd make a town or city, only to have it utterly devastated by Godzilla and Gundams. My parents would walk in and see the mess and say "you need to clean this up, it looks like a war zone in here!" and I'd be all like "that's the point!".

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
OMG NAZI TERMINATOR ONE!!ELEVEN1

Joking aside, it sadden me that we'll likely never get a 1:18 endoskeleton that doesn't suck balls.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
OMG NAZI TERMINATOR ONE!!ELEVEN1

Joking aside, it sadden me that we'll likely never get a 1:18 endoskeleton that doesn't suck balls.

Hey, with a tiny bit of work, the Playmates endos are actually pretty cool.

In my opinion.