All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks fellas.

Yeah, I'm really digging the Trooper.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I tried to practice doing some stop motion on the table in my room today. I gave up after about 378 photos. Getting the fuckers to walk is hard.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Exacery, with lighting and poses like that who cares what the props are.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
I tried to practice doing some stop motion on the table in my room today. I gave up after about 378 photos. Getting the fuckers to walk is hard.

Always thought that might be cool. (stop motion) But its a LOT of work. Dios are just easier.

P.S. Nice stairway!!!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Geeze lancelot, that sounds like hell. 378 shots?!

It's not too bad once you've got a pace down and are taking pictures really fast like, but it gets frustrating if a figure falls over or you just took three blurry pictures in a row because you forgot what Macro was. I'd add sounds and upload it to youtube or something, but since this was my first attempt at making figures actually walk/run, Sgt. Stalker has this Herp-a-Derp walk as he approaches Breaker and Steeler. I may upload it anyway for the lols. Next time I decided to something like this I think I'll just put them in a running pose on their respective stands and then have them slide past the camera really fast.

Edit: I decided to release it anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIMZaCCXnUY

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Cobra Troopers are trained in the dubious "art" of e-tool fighting.

I don't think Robitussin is gonna help our Real American Hero.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's not too bad once you've got a pace down and are taking pictures really fast like, but it gets frustrating if a figure falls over or you just took three blurry pictures in a row because you forgot what Macro was. I'd add sounds and upload it to youtube or something, but since this was my first attempt at making figures actually walk/run, Sgt. Stalker has this Herp-a-Derp walk as he approaches Breaker and Steeler. I may upload it anyway for the lols. Next time I decided to something like this I think I'll just put them in a running pose on their respective stands and then have them slide past the camera really fast.

Edit: I decided to release it anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIMZaCCXnUY

Dude, that was pretty cool. The audio is actually pretty good. Stalker does have that strut going

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I had him posed with an axe on a pile of bodies. If my Z-V ambitions come to fruition I should be able to get a fine shot.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
sweet set up SM!...that guy in jeans witht the beard is bada$$!!!

Thanks - it was a cast from my secret santa (Meddatron). He has some sort of strange carvings on his scalp. I made the shades out of styrene... there are more pics of him in my thread. :cool:

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
no kidding that guy belongs in Team Whiskey. Med!!

Rough looking squad, sothing tells me they'be be swigging whiskey after this fire fight!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks - it was a cast from my secret santa (Meddatron). He has some sort of strange carvings on his scalp. I made the shades out of styrene... there are more pics of him in my thread. :cool:

no kidding that guy belongs in Team Whiskey. Med!!

Rough looking squad, sothing tells me they'be be swigging whiskey after this fire fight!

I liked that head as well. All the cast parts I sent Slaymaker are SDS sculpts. none were mine. so I cant take credit for them. I think that particular head is part of the Red shadows.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Love the stands! I got 200 for Christmas last year. I figured some day i would like to make dios and the clear ones would be easier to hide than the standard ones. :D

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Lancelot, have you not had success with keeping the figures standing in those poses without the stands?

It looks like you could get most if not all of those poses without the stands.

I understand that some poses you need them. I use alot of sand so if I need a stand I bury it (learned that from RED) or put a prop in front of the stand.

It's your world and you got a hundred of the puppies so i can see the incentive to use them.

Don't hide the feet if you continue using them. We can all imagine past them.

Thanks for sharing and those are sweet stands for displaying.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
the table I made these stop motions on is very wobbly, my mom bought it from a Goodies that was closing down and selling everything including the manikins. So I generally keep the stands on them as a safety precession, in case I bumb into the table or something. I fear having a figure fall down would cause a continuity error or something. Although I seem to be pretty good at that all on my own if you look hard enough in the animation.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Pretty damn cool! The sound effects were excellent. Where did you get them?

I got a lot of the sound effects from my old copy of the first Call of Duty. The G36 sound I got from a sound mod from one of the newer COD games that I downloaded from file planet or something (I still don't know how to open an .IDW file). A few other sounds I got from websites like soundbible or from soundfxcenter which has sounds from COD games and apparently Halo.

that was pretty sweet! my oldest son wants to make these...he is getting a camera for Christmas - what sort of software do I need to look for? :cool:

If your using a PC Monkey Jam is the only free program to put the frames together in an AVI file at a specific FPS. I used a copy of MAGIX movie edit pro 17 I got some time ago at Best Buy to edit the sound effects in.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
So not board related, but I just got home from work and it all of a sudden dawned on me that I completely forgot I had this.

busted it out of storage and think I'm going to put it up on display.

Didn't know where else to post this, so I'm posting it here. Sorry for the crummy cell phone pic. When I get some time, I'm going to do a shoot maybe.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Make sure to bend her over more so that cleavage will really pop out.
Who's been a naughty biker scout?

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
haha. Indeed!

When I do the shoot I think I'm gong to include my 501st as well. She was just the only 1:6 figure I had out at the time.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
geeze, is that REALLY the face sculpt?!...very life like...are her naughty bits as realisitc?...i'll have to definitely pick one up if so

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Yeah her head sculpt is friggin' amazing. Looks better than the production photos imo. Her boobs and but hare made of a squishy rubbery material, if that helps. I haven't removed her jump suit so I don't know what she looks like underneath.

Here's a pic I found: Meh