Marauder series 6 detailed pictures

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Hell, if you do the math… and it's wrong… all the "it looks right" in the world isn't going to make it less wrong.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Not just that, none of them seem to want to listen to reason at all. Daremo and Obi (and a few others...) are putting out clear reasons as to why and how they're out of scale (Obi your latest post about the baseball bat should have been the end all of arguments...but it won't be at all) but all everyone keeps saying is 'its good enough.'

To some, good enough isn't good enough.

And here's the crux of my problem with it - if "good enough" isn't good enough for me, why the hell is that some other random person's issue? Why fight about it? Why do they care if I like it or don't, or Obi or Daremo or whoever does or doesn't?

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
And here's the crux of my problem with it - if "good enough" isn't good enough for me, why the hell is that some other random person's issue? Why fight about it? Why do they care if I like it or don't, or Obi or Daremo or whoever does or doesn't?

^ That just makes too much sense. You're an obvious scale Nazi.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah, that thread was the straw that broke the camel's back. It drove me here for good.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Because if your opinion is different from others on HT, you're wrong. If you don't hate on Retaliation, or love everything Marauder puts out, you're wrong. No one is allowed to have a single opinion out there. It's a lot Rebelscum, but the mods and admins are in with it all as well.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Clearly, some of those people have never worked a job where 'good enough' could mean that 4 story apartment complex is going to collapse in on itself. I've been part of crews that have had to go back to bare studs and make even the most minute adjustments, just so the building would stand on it's own. "Good enough" implies we could have left well enough alone, and if it fell, whatever.

And hey, good enough for them is great. Good enough is what they need. But, they really shouldn't begrudge anyone their own preferences just because they differ. I know, think of who I'm talking about. They'll argue just to argue, because it gives them some kind of self-worth, I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, I like MJ. His customer service is great, and he does nice work. But I have to agree that he should not say they're 1:18 replicas when clearly many of them are not. If it looks all right in a bigger figure's hands but huge in a 'normal' scaled figure, then something's wrong.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Thanks guys. This site seems to pertain to my OCD/Scale Nazi needs a lot more than that crumbling dictatorship called the tank.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Clearly, some of those people have never worked a job where 'good enough' could mean that 4 story apartment complex is going to collapse in on itself. I've been part of crews that have had to go back to bare studs and make even the most minute adjustments, just so the building would stand on it's own. "Good enough" implies we could have left well enough alone, and if it fell, whatever.

Going off-topic, this reminded me of the athletes' accommodation at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi.
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/delhi-in-frantic-bid-to-save-games-20100923-15otj.html
http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/commonwealth-games-2010/welcome-to-delhi-photos-20100923-15oru.html?selectedImage=0

Wry1

Enlisted
Jun 7, 2011
that place is absolutely hilarious. if you take it too seriously, you're doing it wrong. despite whatever it intended to be, it's become a joke, it's ok to laugh at it....'cuz it's funny.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Why oh why, do I keep dragging myself back to the boob-tard farm?

Enough is enough.

You guys are much cooler anyway, and I want to play with the cool kids. And at least here, I don't have to worry about people like TTT going out of his dick-head way to scoff me and my homies. I just have to watch out for Eddie, for reasons I may not want to know about.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
what a crazy read over there. wow. I seldom go there but felt compelled. All that for scale. wow. I get why customizers care and I appreciate it when I see there work. I get why collectors dont care because they are just looking for a cool factor. What I will never get about that site is why alot of people feel the need to force the other to see their opinion/views. I fall in between, customizer and collector, but for me scale is not that big of an issue because of my ignorance of weapons. If they fit in the hand and look good and match my source material I am happy. I'm sure if i knew more abnout them and more names of them, I would be on the scale side, but for me right now, ignorance is bliss.

I did get to see the word Quantitative used like 3 times. that was cool!!!

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Why oh why, do I keep dragging myself back to the boob-tard farm?

Enough is enough.

You guys are much cooler anyway, and I want to play with the cool kids.

B..But HT said they were the cool kids. Ha ha, welcome aboard.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
You know Med, that's perfectly ok too. I've always said that if you like them, then buy them and enjoy them. But those ass-tards on HT seem to overlook that when they read the comments.

When I say "read", I don't necessarily refer to actual comprehension of the topic.

Are MJ's products good? Why, yes they are. Nicely detailed, cheap price, etc. 99% of them are just not for me. Like Wry1 said - I also modify, cobble, and sometimes fabricate pieces to suit my needs. Which I won't have to do too much more of shortly. Just waiting on my modded weapons to get molded and cast.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
...which you'll make available to everyone else...right......right?

Asphalt (hunter designs), is doing the mold work. If he puts them in his store, then buy all you want. As for what exactly, take a look at these.
All guns have been modded to some degree.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I'm in the process of cobbling various attachment parts to go with these, also. Just need to get a few more choice pieces to rape from.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
You know Med, that's perfectly ok too. I've always said that if you like them, then buy them and enjoy them. But those ass-tards on HT seem to overlook that when they read the comments.

When I say "read", I don't necessarily refer to actual comprehension of the topic.

Are MJ's products good? Why, yes they are. Nicely detailed, cheap price, etc. 99% of them are just not for me. Like Wry1 said - I also modify, cobble, and sometimes fabricate pieces to suit my needs. Which I won't have to do too much more of shortly. Just waiting on my modded weapons to get molded and cast.

I totally get you bro. your definately a details guys and that fact translates to your work. I also totally get you when you say "read". Other than some of the fun colorfull words, I was cracking up when people were saying scale of a weapon is relative to the figure. Even I, who knows jack about weapons knows that each weapon is made only in one size. Users size doesnt matter.

Anyway, Is that samarai mask going to Asphalt, I think thats the one i saw in person and have been wanting it since. Love to see that in his store along with all your ninja weapons.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Anyway, Is that samarai mask going to Asphalt, I think thats the one i saw in person and have been wanting it since. Love to see that in his store along with all your ninja weapons.

Yes, the Hannya mask will be available. About time too, as it's a pain to make them every time I want one. Two swords are being done, but not the 2 in the pic. Below are the 2 to be available

Asphalt is good people.

The second rifle down, on the left. Is that similar to the one that came with POC Recondo? Bushmaster, if I remember reading right...but I'm probably wrong.

That is the Masada ACR. Or at least as close as I could get to it, modded from Crysis2 gun.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yes, the Hannya mask will be available. About time too, as it's a pain to make them every time I want one. Two swords are being done, but not the 2 in the pic. Below are the 2 to be available

Looks like I found Novum Slice's ninjatÅ￾. That katana is pretty sexy, too.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Is that ACR the one from the Crysis pack? It would be great to get a couple that aren't that soft plastic.